HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

tommyp

I been using HFSLIP for 3 months now, and so far it always work fine. However, I just cannot get the last to version to work. I am now using 60804. Attached is the HFSLIP.LOG file.

All the files slpstreamed OK, and I detect no errors, but when I use the start to install, I keep getting error during textmode when the files are copied to the HDD. The error message indicate that setup cannot copy the file MQRTDEP.DLL. If I choose to skip the file, the installation continues with no further errors.

I tried with VM, as well as burning to actual CD and install on a test pc, but the same error always appear. I checked the txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf files and the entries for mqrtdep.dll seems to be correct.

I am at wits end, and any help any of the experts here can extend is much appreciated.HFSLIP.7z

Edited by kenlau

A few things to mention:

1. Please attach your log file in ZIP format in the future.

2. Try running HFSLIP after eliminating the underscore in your folder path.

3. Run HFSLIP without your FIX folder files and the following files in your HFSVCPACK folder: 905474.exe and fcpack.exe

Good luck :)!

Thanks Super Magician, but still does not work.

I took out the files as you proposed, but still have the same errors.

I thought maybe the problem is machine-specific so I tried hfslip on another machine but have exactly the same error.

My source files remains exactly the same, unaltered from previous successful hfslips.

So the problem either lies in this version of hfslip or the hotfixes. The question is which?

Attached in my zipped log file.

HFSLIP.zip

OK. I retried. This time I eliminate most of the hotfixes, slipstreaming only MP10 and associated media hotfixes, plus the files in the cab directory,...AND I still get the same error. I attached the log and txtsetup.sif files for reference.

TXTSETUP.zipHFSLIP.zip

Next step, I will re-check my source and try a fresh install using just that, to see if the error lie with the source. Then, I will hfslip again with no cab files and all the freshly downloaded hotfixes.

If the error still occur, I shoot myself or swear never to sfslip again, whichever easier :wacko:

First, thanks for the support from Tomcat & Super-Magician.

Second, I apologize for wasting anybody's time. It was my source files afterall. Somehow, it got corrupted although I been using it unchanged for HFSLIP purposes for months now. Somehow, somewhere it got corrupted. I got my backup virgin source and the error went away, and to think I wasted the last 72 hours trying to figure that out.

Thanks for the great work.

Yes; your TXTSETUP.SIF is clean.

These things happen. Anti-virus or anti-malware programs doing their thing or hard drives that screw up. You may want to do a chkdsk e: /r (from a DOS box) to see if everything's still fine with it.

I finally got my installation working perfectly, then I noticed an article notifying that M$ will release another 10 hotfixes tomorrow... :wacko:

I just hope that the current HFSLIP 60804 will work on these hotfixes, or I have to wait for the next HFSLIP release...

:} Confirmed HFSLIP 60804 does not work with the latest hotfixes released 8 Aug 2006. No errors was detected during the slipstreaming process. When using the completed iso file in VM for a test install, the text portion of the setup install went smoothly, then it rebooted to the start the GUI portion, at which point, it keep rebooting.

I am now trying with 6808b, but I do not have high hopes it will work either. Still, wouldn't it be a pleasant suprise if it did.

HFSLIP_60804 should support all of the new hotfixes except one for Win2K. Support for KB917008 is the only thing that's changed in HFSLIP_60808b. Are you sure it's not your source again ;)?

Edit: The constant rebooting might have something to do with your WINNT.SIF file. Try HFSLIP once without it.

Edited by Super-Magician