Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

* * * * * 3 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
410 replies to this topic

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
I been using HFSLIP for 3 months now, and so far it always work fine. However, I just cannot get the last to version to work. I am now using 60804. Attached is the HFSLIP.LOG file.

All the files slpstreamed OK, and I detect no errors, but when I use the start to install, I keep getting error during textmode when the files are copied to the HDD. The error message indicate that setup cannot copy the file MQRTDEP.DLL. If I choose to skip the file, the installation continues with no further errors.

I tried with VM, as well as burning to actual CD and install on a test pc, but the same error always appear. I checked the txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf files and the entries for mqrtdep.dll seems to be correct.

I am at wits end, and any help any of the experts here can extend is much appreciated.Attached File  HFSLIP.7z   1.35KB   32 downloads

Edited by kenlau, 05 August 2006 - 07:13 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Super-Magician

Super-Magician

Friend of MSFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
A few things to mention:

1. Please attach your log file in ZIP format in the future.
2. Try running HFSLIP after eliminating the underscore in your folder path.
3. Run HFSLIP without your FIX folder files and the following files in your HFSVCPACK folder: 905474.exe and fcpack.exe

Good luck :)!

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
Thanks Super Magician, but still does not work.

I took out the files as you proposed, but still have the same errors.

I thought maybe the problem is machine-specific so I tried hfslip on another machine but have exactly the same error.

My source files remains exactly the same, unaltered from previous successful hfslips.

So the problem either lies in this version of hfslip or the hotfixes. The question is which?

Attached in my zipped log file.

Attached File  HFSLIP.zip   1.33KB   31 downloads

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developers
  • 3,174 posts
Hi, kenlau. Can I have a look at your txtsetup.sif file, please?

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
Thanks Tomcat for your help.

Attached is the txtsetup.sif in zip format. I already looked at the entry for mqrtdep.dll and it seems correct. I did not check other entries (I would not know where to look :( )

Attached File  TXTSETUP.zip   77.77KB   24 downloads

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
OK. I retried. This time I eliminate most of the hotfixes, slipstreaming only MP10 and associated media hotfixes, plus the files in the cab directory,...AND I still get the same error. I attached the log and txtsetup.sif files for reference.

Attached File  TXTSETUP.zip   77.43KB   24 downloadsAttached File  HFSLIP.zip   1.01KB   25 downloads

Next step, I will re-check my source and try a fresh install using just that, to see if the error lie with the source. Then, I will hfslip again with no cab files and all the freshly downloaded hotfixes.

If the error still occur, I shoot myself or swear never to sfslip again, whichever easier :wacko:

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
STOP PRESS...

Looks like there is something wrong with my source files afterall. :blushing:

I will first rectify that, and see if that make the problem go away.

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
First, thanks for the support from Tomcat & Super-Magician.

Second, I apologize for wasting anybody's time. It was my source files afterall. Somehow, it got corrupted although I been using it unchanged for HFSLIP purposes for months now. Somehow, somewhere it got corrupted. I got my backup virgin source and the error went away, and to think I wasted the last 72 hours trying to figure that out.

Thanks for the great work.

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developers
  • 3,174 posts
Yes; your TXTSETUP.SIF is clean.

These things happen. Anti-virus or anti-malware programs doing their thing or hard drives that screw up. You may want to do a chkdsk e: /r (from a DOS box) to see if everything's still fine with it.

Super-Magician

Super-Magician

Friend of MSFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
Glad you fixed your problem :).

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
I finally got my installation working perfectly, then I noticed an article notifying that M$ will release another 10 hotfixes tomorrow... :wacko:

I just hope that the current HFSLIP 60804 will work on these hotfixes, or I have to wait for the next HFSLIP release...

Super-Magician

Super-Magician

Friend of MSFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
Tomcat will be working quickly to make sure HFSLIP will work with the new hotfixes. Most likely however, he will have to do some tweaking.

Still, be on the lookout for a new HFSLIP release (if needed of course) very soon!

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
:} Confirmed HFSLIP 60804 does not work with the latest hotfixes released 8 Aug 2006. No errors was detected during the slipstreaming process. When using the completed iso file in VM for a test install, the text portion of the setup install went smoothly, then it rebooted to the start the GUI portion, at which point, it keep rebooting.

I am now trying with 6808b, but I do not have high hopes it will work either. Still, wouldn't it be a pleasant suprise if it did.

Super-Magician

Super-Magician

Friend of MSFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
HFSLIP_60804 should support all of the new hotfixes except one for Win2K. Support for KB917008 is the only thing that's changed in HFSLIP_60808b. Are you sure it's not your source again ;)?

Edit: The constant rebooting might have something to do with your WINNT.SIF file. Try HFSLIP once without it.

Edited by Super-Magician, 09 August 2006 - 08:14 AM.

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

I just hope that the current HFSLIP 60804 will work on these hotfixes, or I have to wait for the next HFSLIP release...

try the latest final - version 60810 ... it supports all those hotfixes :P

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
might be a little late to report this but allow me to share that 60810 works well for XP SP2 :) had the chance to test it several times over the weekend

Super-Magician

Super-Magician

Friend of MSFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
Yes, same here, Kiki!

glentium

glentium

SQL DBA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
60810 is perfect! :)

dreaMMar

dreaMMar
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Hi,
First, thank you for all the work and time you spend on this project.

Just to let you know...
I have made a Dutch W2K CD, with IE6, DX9, MP9, Flash 9 and all updates
And everything went well.
Windows Update is happy.

There is just one thing...
The kb917008 Update shows up in the "Add/Remove Programs" list...
...not that it bothers me, just to let you know...
Thanks

Super-Magician

Super-Magician

Friend of MSFN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
The KB917008 will show up in Windows Update because it cannot slipstreamed. Tomcat has it integrated via SVCPACK.

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developers
  • 3,174 posts
Hi dreaMMar

KB917008 is being installed with the /nobackup switch. Sometimes this still creates an entry in the Add/Remove Programs list.

I don't think this can be worked around easily but I'll have a look at it in a few days.

dreaMMar

dreaMMar
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Thanks that was fast...
I am not very technical, i just like W2K...
And wanted to give you feedback about a foreign W2K.

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
hi TC & TP! this may be a little too late to post for our final 60810 but there were some peculiar results that i found out re-running the cmd ... i wonder if there's some changes made regarding the support for HFAAO as some add-ons no longer come up in the GUI ... technically no shortcuts are created anymore (pls see attached pics & files :)) ... i tried taking out some add-ons that i thought could be the culprits (latest XPize 4.5, new MS updates released after 60810: KB920872, KB916846, KB909095, KB828026 as well as KB917734, Vista Icon Pack Ultimate - System Patch, Visual Styles Multi Pack 4 Windows XP) ... what's funny is that some were retained, some were not ... i tried using a different clean source but still the same ... also there were some errors that popped up while in text copy mode & also while in GUI ... these probs were not present before ... please advise ... thanks!

can't seem to attach the pics ... hope you don't mind if i create an additional post for such ...

Attached Files

• Attached File  files.7z   70.24KB   22 downloads

Edited by Kiki Burgh, 21 August 2006 - 03:43 AM.

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
here goes the 2nd ... :)
for the wmvdmod.dll screenshot, it is the same for the ff except for the file names: wmspdmod.dll, wmsdmod.dll & wmadmod.dll.

i swear i did not do any change ... for those files that i added (as aforementioned) i immediately took them out upon my next builds ... still with the same results ... even removed more :(

btw, have already downloaded again 60810 (in case my copy got corrupted) as well as the new test release

Attached Files

• Attached File  pics.7z   97.37KB   15 downloads

Edited by Kiki Burgh, 21 August 2006 - 05:59 AM.

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
hi TC/TP! i tried making new builds prior to posting this (making use of a re-downloaded 60810 cmd & re-downloaded MS-updates that came out after 60810 final) with the same results ... what used to work did not work anymore this time ... attached are the contents of the different directories for HFSLIP (technically, it is how my HFSLIP.log looks like but i added some comments) ... also included are some screenshots (1st 1 being the 1 which doesn't have the other apps anymore while the 2nd 1 is the 1 where all still worked) ... also, those not present anymore in the Start Menu are not in add-remove programs too ... i really wonder what made this drastic change ... please advise ... thanks! :wacko:

Attached Files

Edited by Kiki Burgh, 22 August 2006 - 01:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN