Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

* * * * * 3 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
410 replies to this topic

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
Remove 5er_WMPLyricsPlugin_Addon.7z (asks to put "WMPLyric.dl_" in TXTSETUP.SIF and DOSNET.INF instead of "WMPLyric.dll").

There is something wrong with the Foxit addon you're using. Get this one instead.
Posted Image
Real-time support (Yahoo Messenger): hfslip_tc76
Update lists for HFSLIP finals: Win2K SP4 (2008-04-10), WinXP SP3 (2008-06-11) and Win2K3 SP2 (2008-05-25).

Inexperience Patcher 0.7.1 * NoSoftwarePatents.com * My computer

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
hi TC! both addons actually worked in previous test rels ... have used the pdf reader already ... prior to this run, both actually were installed with no problem ... could there be other culprits?
Posted Image

Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider

• PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

If what you say is true, then how come in th add/remove screen, there is a HF program installed? So HFSLIP does not resort to any hacking method to integrate/slipstream the hotfixes?

If you are referring to the HFSLIP entry... You could consider it a confirmation that HFSLIP was used to update your CD. If you used a recent version of HFSLIP, you can easily remove it by clicking the Change/Remove button.

Also is modifyPE.exe mandatory now? With previous versions, I didn't have to add that program, but now I do or I'll get an error.

ModifyPE.exe is mandatory in some situations:
- when integrating IE7 (not slipstreaming) [this is actually not the case for Windows XP in the current final; I should rectify that]
- when slipstreaming Office Update engine (OPUC4.CAB)
- when one or more of these HFEXPERT folders are used: CODECS, APPREPLACEMENT and WIN

Thanks to you and Kiki for the reply. Is it possible that you can add this as a feature into the next version to stop that entry from being added into the add/remove program?

Tom, I know you said that it won't be practical for you to add SATA/RAID driver support, but is there any possibility that you can reconsider? Like add support for only the most popular models or at least the Intel SATA driver?

S3pHiroTh

S3pHiroTh

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Thanks to you and Kiki for the reply. Is it possible that you can add this as a feature into the next version to stop that entry from being added into the add/remove program?

Simply create a reg file and add this into it:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HFSLIPTotalSlipstream]

Run this reg file at T-13, at first boot or after, it's the same.

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts

hi TC! both addons actually worked in previous test rels ... have used the pdf reader already ... prior to this run, both actually were installed with no problem ... could there be other culprits?

I don't see any other just by looking at your files. The only thing I can suggest at this point is that you do a test run without addons, and only the hotfixes that are on my dynamic list.

Is it possible that you can add this as a feature into the next version to stop that entry from being added into the add/remove program?

The entry in Add/Remove Programs is one way to verify if things went OK. Not creating that entry removes that check.
Posted Image
Update lists for HFSLIP finals: Win2K SP4 (2008-04-10), WinXP SP3 (2008-06-11) and Win2K3 SP2 (2008-05-25).

Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider

• PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Simply create a reg file and add this into it:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\HFSLIPTotalSlipstream]

Run this reg file at T-13, at first boot or after, it's the same.

Do I put that file in HFGUIRUNONCE?

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
HFGUIRUNONCE or HFSVCPACK. Doesn't matter...
Posted Image

Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider

• PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

HFGUIRUNONCE or HFSVCPACK. Doesn't matter...

I placed my registry tweak file in HFGUIRUNONCE and the settings doesn't appear to have applied. Maybe it's the way the entries are entered cause even if I include it with my main registry tweak file in HFSVCPACK, it still doesn't apply.

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
Removing "HFSLIPTotalSlipstream" didn't work or did other registry tweaks fail as well?
Posted Image

Gedrean

Gedrean

• 21 posts
Hey, question here. I've used HFSLIP to make my 2KPro source put together and it seems to have done so quite nicely.

I have set it up for multiboot, and in fact it seems to be going swimmingly, but I set a number of apps into the HFSVCPACK folder, and I want to find out if I can locate those files in another directory and have both this source and another source install those apps without having two copies. This is the same sort of thing I intend to be doing later with BTS Driverpacks, but I've figured that out already I think... :) How can I do this with the files of HFSVCPACK?

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
Well... That could be difficult.
You can achieve that by setting the same multiboot path twice but you need to make sure that files with identical names really are identical too. Also, when the second SOURCESS folder is made, you should move some files from the second SVCPACK folder into the first (or the other way around, depending on which way you want to go), but not all. The easiest way to find out which files should REMAIN in the folder they are in is checking SVCPACK.INF; the CATs as well as all files that are installed from the [SetupHotfixesToRun] section should remain in the folder they exist in.
Posted Image

Gedrean

Gedrean

• 21 posts

Well... That could be difficult.
You can achieve that by setting the same multiboot path twice but you need to make sure that files with identical names really are identical too. Also, when the second SOURCESS folder is made, you should move some files from the second SVCPACK folder into the first (or the other way around, depending on which way you want to go), but not all. The easiest way to find out which files should REMAIN in the folder they are in is checking SVCPACK.INF; the CATs as well as all files that are installed from the [SetupHotfixesToRun] section should remain in the folder they exist in.

Really? There's no way to just go into svcpack.inf and rename the ones I put into hfsvcpack to have them in like a directory in the root of the disc?

EDIT: I found hfslip.cmd, could I just modify that to add a variable to point at the folder in the root, like the OEM folder that the driver pack'll be in?

Edited by Gedrean, 16 March 2007 - 01:48 PM.

Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider

• PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Removing "HFSLIPTotalSlipstream" didn't work or did other registry tweaks fail as well?

I'm talking about the registry tweaks. Only the DPI and screensaver tweak did not work. Do you know why?

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts

There's no way to just go into svcpack.inf and rename the ones I put into hfsvcpack to have them in like a directory in the root of the disc?

To my knowledge, you can't use paths in SVCPACK.INF. I have never experimented with that.

EDIT: I found hfslip.cmd, could I just modify that to add a variable to point at the folder in the root, like the OEM folder that the driver pack'll be in?

That would actually be cleaner. Change the %HFSLIP% variable so it points to your custom directory and then move all files that are installed from %HFSLIP% by HFSLIP.CMD into that folder. But it's more manual work.

I'm talking about the registry tweaks. Only the DPI and screensaver tweak did not work. Do you know why?

I have never used those so I can't really say what's causing the failure. Here are some possibilities:

1) You need a reboot for the changes to take effect

2) There's a mini post-install (titled "Windows Update") taking place when you first log on after Windows setup has completed. Some of the things you inject into the registry may be overwritten by that.
Posted Image

Gedrean

Gedrean

• 21 posts

There's no way to just go into svcpack.inf and rename the ones I put into hfsvcpack to have them in like a directory in the root of the disc?

To my knowledge, you can't use paths in SVCPACK.INF. I have never experimented with that.

That would actually be cleaner. Change the %HFSLIP% variable so it points to your custom directory and then move all files that are installed from %HFSLIP% by HFSLIP.CMD into that folder. But it's more manual work.

Yeah it is very lovely that it seems HFS places its calls into a cmd rather than in svcpack (in fact none of my SSI's were in svcpack) so that they can be manipulated easier. It's a little manual work, but at this rate what I've done is added a slightly different variable (HFSLIP2) and just stuck a 2 into the names of the files that weren't moved (very few of them) and did some swapping around. It'll make creating a multiboot CD much easier. Thanks Tomcat76! :)

Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider

• PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

I have never used those so I can't really say what's causing the failure. Here are some possibilities:

1) You need a reboot for the changes to take effect

2) There's a mini post-install (titled "Windows Update") taking place when you first log on after Windows setup has completed. Some of the things you inject into the registry may be overwritten by that.

How do I ensure that doesn't happen? Restarting the computer will not do anything.

jimmsta

jimmsta

computer janitor

• PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
Building with a clean XP SP2 source, with all the latest patches in the HF directory, and IE7's installer in there as well, I seem to have issues - first off, Wininet.dll is not functioning properly - I have to install IE7 on top of itself in order to use IE at all. Secondly, the themes service is not starting, and third, if I integrate WGA, or Windows Update, all the controls are screwed up, unregistered, and will not register properly.

I've tried over and over again, but still run into these problems.
I've tried different sources of XP, with the same results.

I also sometimes end up with a bunch of desktop.ini files in the start menu, desktop, and startup menu.

I'll be testing the latest test release, to see if any of these wacky bugs could have been caused by something in the script. There's also a chance that I have some update that should not be included, or may have been superceeded.

Any Ideas?
Creator and Maintainer of BootZilla.org

the_guy

the_guy

Creator of the Windows ME Service Pack

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
Post your hfslip.log file (located in the root of your CD).

the_guy
Creator of the Windows ME Service Pack.

Super-Magician

Super-Magician

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
@jimmsta, have you tried restarting after IE7 installation is completed? Try reading through http://www.hfslip.org, and as the_guy said, please post your HFSLIP.LOG file.

You see a bunch of desktop.ini files because for some reason a setting in Folder Options is unchecked (Folder Options -> View -> Hide protected operating system files).

Posted Image
--------------------
Posted Image

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
@jimmsta
To me, that sounds like the issues that existed with the betas, RCs and the first final release (and maybe even the second) of IE7. Be sure to use the latest final release; Microsoft have silently re-released it a few times. Also, I hope you read the instructions on hfslip.org; you need at least the latest cumulative update and the latest shell32.dll hotfix.

How do I ensure that doesn't happen? Restarting the computer will not do anything.

If rebooting didn't do it, it may be the other problem. Unfortunately I think there's no way around that (at least not a clean one).
Posted Image

drell

drell
  • 6 posts
I have exctract a windows server 2003 cd in a folder x86.
Can i integrate ie7? (IE7-WindowsServer2003-x86-enu.exe)
How can i do it?

thx :unsure:

jimmsta

jimmsta

computer janitor

• PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

@jimmsta
To me, that sounds like the issues that existed with the betas, RCs and the first final release (and maybe even the second) of IE7. Be sure to use the latest final release; Microsoft have silently re-released it a few times. Also, I hope you read the instructions on hfslip.org; you need at least the latest cumulative update and the latest shell32.dll hotfix.

If rebooting didn't do it, it may be the other problem. Unfortunately I think there's no way around that (at least not a clean one).

It's probably something I did. I'll try again when I have a second. :)

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts

I have exctract a windows server 2003 cd in a folder x86.
Can i integrate ie7? (IE7-WindowsServer2003-x86-enu.exe)
How can i do it?

thx :unsure:

It depends on what you mean by "integrate". IE7 can't be slipstreamed into Windows Server 2003; you'll get errors all over the place during Windows setup. The first two methods outlined on Handling of Windows Internet Explorer 7 work for Win2K3.
Posted Image

jimmsta

jimmsta

computer janitor

• PipPipPip
  • 388 posts
Alrighty, I tried once again to get a working build out of this. here's the log, followed by some images of the build running in a VM.

This file is automatically generated by HFSLIP
HFSLIP is for personal use only
Copyright© TommyP 2005-2007

============================HOW TO REPORT A PROBLEM============================

If running into problems, refer to http://hfslip.org/support.html

HFSLIP support forum: http://msfn.org/boar...p?showforum=129

===============================================================================

HFSLIP Version - 70325

HFSLIP Path - E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\

OS in SOURCESS - XP SP2 English

Drivers - DRIVER.CAB Updated

HFCLEANUP Detected

CD Install Path - Default

CDTAG - WIN51

Files in your FIX folder:

Files in your HF folder:
IE7-KB928090-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe
IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe
IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe
MP10Setup.exe
msxml2sp6-kb887606-x86-enu.exe
msxml4-KB927978-enu.exe
roots-kb931125-xp-ws03-x86-x64_37482c3789e5a6772579ff942723c9b8ad0f8d1a.exe
WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe
WindowsMedia-KB911564-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsMedia10-KB917734-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsMedia6-KB925398-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB873339-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB885626-v2-x86-enu.exe
WindowsXP-KB885836-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB886185-x86-enu.exe
WindowsXP-KB887472-x86-enu.exe
WindowsXP-KB888302-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB890859-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB891781-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB893756-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB896358-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB896423-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB896424-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB896428-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB899587-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB899591-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB900725-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB901017-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB901190-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB901214-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB904706-v2-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB905414-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB905749-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB908519-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB908531-v2-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB910437-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB911280-v2-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB911927-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB912817-v2-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB912919-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB913580-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB914388-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB914389-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB916595-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB917422-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB917537-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB917953-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB918118-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB918439-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB919007-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB920213-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB920670-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB920683-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB920685-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB920872-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB922582-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB922819-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB923191-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB923414-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB923689-x86-ENU.EXE
WindowsXP-KB923694-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB923980-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB924191-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB924270-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB924667-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB926247-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB926255-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB926436-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB927779-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB927802-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB928255-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB928843-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB929338-x86-ENU.exe
wmfdist95.exe
msxml2.msi
msxml6_x86.msi

Files in your HFCABS folder:
Apr2005_d3dx9_25_x86.cab
Apr2006_d3dx9_30_x86.cab
Aug2005_d3dx9_27_x86.cab
Dec2005_d3dx9_28_x86.cab
DEC2006_d3dx10_00_x86.cab
DEC2006_d3dx9_32_x86.cab
Feb2005_d3dx9_24_x86.cab
Feb2006_d3dx9_29_x86.cab
Jun2005_d3dx9_26_x86.cab
OCT2006_d3dx9_31_x86.cab
swflash.cab

Files in your HFSVCPACK folder:
AdobeReader708Lite.exe
dotnet11sp1.exe
dotnet2.exe
JRE6.exe

Files in your HFSVCPACK_SW folder:

Files in your HFGUIRUNONCE folder:

Files in your HFTOOLS folder:
bbie.exe
bbie.lic
BOOT.BIN
CABARC.EXE
CABINET.DLL
cygwin1.dll
EXTRACT.EXE
MAKECAB.EXE
mkisofs.exe
modifyPE.exe

Files in your HFEXPERT folder:
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\ac3filter.ax
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\CLVSD.ax
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\CoreVorbis.ax
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\divxdec.ax
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\FLVSplitter.ax
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\I263_32.drv
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\iac25_32.ax
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\IMC32.acm
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\Ir32_32.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\Ir41_32.ax
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\Ir41_qc.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\Ir41_qcx.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\Ir50_32.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\ir50_32.qtx
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\Ir50_lcs.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\Ir50_qc.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\Ir50_qcx.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\Ivfsrc.ax
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\l3codecp.acm
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\l3codecx.ax
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\mpeg2dmx.ax
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\ogg.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\OggDS.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\README.txt
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\vorbis.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\vorbisenc.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\vorbisfile.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\vp7dec.ax
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\vp7vfw.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\VSFilter.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\xvid.ax
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\xvidcore.dll
E:\XP CDs\HFSLIP\HFEXPERT\CODECS\xvidvfw.dll

Files in your HFCLEANUP folder:
Driver_Scanners.rdv
OSOptions_Tour.rem
OSOptions_Tour.rin
Service_Messenger.rem
Service_Messenger.rin
XPSP2.EXT

HFSLIP run time: 20m27s

Attached File  2007_03_29_103316.jpg   4.26KB   5 downloadsAttached File  2007_03_29_103247.jpg   19.33KB   8 downloads
First off, one of the major dll's from IE is missing. Second, the CPU type is not listed under the system properties.
Third, there's no username, and very few processes. IE7 will not install, and neither will .NET v2.0.
Attached File  2007_03_29_103810.jpg   81.23KB   10 downloads

Also, the driver signature prompt kept coming up during installation.

What did I do wrong?

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
Are you including any hotfixes that are not on my list?
Are you instructing HFSLIP to change the default handling of IE7 via HFANSWER.INI?
Where did you get that dotnet2.exe file from? If it's RyanVM's, it won't work (from svcpack.inf) as mentioned on his download page and here.

I wouldn't experiment with the HFCLEANUP files until everything works as intended.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN