Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

HFSLIP, The 2K/XP/2K3 slipstreamer

* * * * * 3 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
410 replies to this topic

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
Hi glentium

Remove WindowsXP-KB904706-x86-ENU.exe. It's an older version of the other DirectX 9 hotfix you're slipstreaming (WindowsXP-KB904706-v2-x86-ENU.exe).

Also, remove this file: WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB904942-x64-ENU.exe. It is intended for 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. You're looking for WindowsXP-KB904942-v2-x86-ENU.exe.

Edit:
I recommend against including WindowsXP-KB912945-x86-ENU.exe for the moment. It appears that mshtml.dll (which is part of that package) can't be slipstreamed. You can use one of the test releases of HFSLIP where an attempt is made to work around the problem.

Edited by Tomcat76, 15 March 2006 - 09:16 PM.

Posted Image
Real-time support (Yahoo Messenger): hfslip_tc76
Update lists for HFSLIP finals: Win2K SP4 (2008-04-10), WinXP SP3 (2008-06-11) and Win2K3 SP2 (2008-05-25).

Inexperience Patcher 0.7.1 * NoSoftwarePatents.com * My computer

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

glentium

glentium

SQL DBA

• PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 28-July 05
thanks for the quick response..

yup, i wasn't very careful in downloading that KB904942 update not noticing that i mistakenly downloaded the one for x64. oops! will be more careful next time. thanks for that info.

i'll try the test builds now.. will be back.

thanks again!

EmRoD

EmRoD

Powered by PlugSquare.com

• Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 16-January 04
Still having issues with the WGA "FIX"

legitcontrol.dll in FIX folder or renamed to WGA1.DLL doesn't work.

juste created a sfx for it and everything rules :)

noomsybaby

noomsybaby
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-March 06
:thumbup First Thanks Tommy excellent tool (and all other contributers)

I have found a problem tho if you use advanced server it doesn't detect that it is the server version. A quick mod of the script file as below will fix this problem.

the additions are in bold

FINDSTR /I WINDOWS SOURCE\I386\PRODSPEC.INI>WORK\VERSION.TXT
FOR /F "TOKENS=2,3* DELIMS=, " %%I IN (WORK\VERSION.TXT) DO (
SET V1=%%I
SET V2=%%J
SET V3=%%K
)
IF "%V1%"=="2000" SET VERSION=2000
IF "%V2%"=="2000" SET VERSION=2000
IF "%V2%"=="Server" SET SERVER=SERVER
IF "%V3%"=="Server" SET SERVER=SERVER
IF "%V1%"=="XP" SET VERSION=XP
IF "%V2%"=="XP" SET VERSION=XP
IF "%V1%"=="2003" SET VERSION=2003
IF "%V2%"=="2003" SET VERSION=2003

this is just under the call folderprep statement

Regards

Nelly

Edited by noomsybaby, 16 March 2006 - 07:35 AM.

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
Good catch, noomsybaby. I haven't tried Win2K ADV nor DCS yet so it hasn't occured to me either. Give me a minute or two to update the test builds in the other thread...

@EmRoD:
Can I have the HFSLIPWU.INF file from the SOURCESS\I386 folder?
Posted Image
Update lists for HFSLIP finals: Win2K SP4 (2008-04-10), WinXP SP3 (2008-06-11) and Win2K3 SP2 (2008-05-25).

EmRoD

EmRoD

• Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 16-January 04

@EmRoD:
Can I have the HFSLIPWU.INF file from the SOURCESS\I386 folder?

Sure :)

do you want it with witch configuration for the fix ?

original name ?

WGA1.DLL ?

compressed WGA1.DL_ ?

Another one ?

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
It doesn't matter. Any HFSLIPWU.INF that was created by a test release of HFSLIP. Give me the one from the latest sourcess that you installed.
Posted Image

EmRoD

EmRoD

• Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 16-January 04
This one is done with te original dll name in the FIX folder
Using :
HFSLIP_60315c.CMD

Attached Files

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
It is possible there's a typo in the line that fixes the LegitCheckControl issue but someone else said it's working so I didn't bother testing it further. Install the attached wga1b.inf when you're booted into the fresh system (right-click and choose Install). If that seems to do the trick, download the attached HFSLIPWU.INF into your SOURCESS\I386 folder (no need to run HFSLIP again), burn a CD and install again.

Edited by Tomcat76, 16 March 2006 - 08:52 AM.

Posted Image

EmRoD

EmRoD

• Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 16-January 04
fixed

thanks a lot :)

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
Uh... "fixed" after installing wga1b.inf or also "fixed" after installing Windows again with the updated HFSLIPWU.INF?
Posted Image

EmRoD

EmRoD

• Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 16-January 04
right clicking the wga1b.inf

SnidelyW

SnidelyW
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-March 06
Hey now! Thanks for this very useful and powerful tool. I am a newbie, and I am stumped. Once I get over this first hurdle I think I will be in good shape. I am starting with a very, very basic configuration with no hot-fixes and no cabinets. I just want to be able to get past this first step before I drag all the hotfixes and cabinets into the build.

I started with a fresh copy of the XP Pro CD and slipstreamed in SP2. I can build a bootable CD from that folder and all is well.

I copied the SP2/i386 folder and CD tag files WIN51, WIN51IP, and win51ip.SP2 to the HFSLIP/SOURCE folder.

When I run the HFSLIP_60310.CMD command, it chugs along for awhile, runs without any error messages, and finishes up by creating the HFSLIP/SOURCESS folder and an ISO bootable image.

But, when I create a CD from the HFSLIP/SOURCESS folder and boot it on a machine, or boot the ISO image in VMWARE, it starts up just fine, and then quits with a message "Setup cannot access the CD containing the Windows XP Installation."

When I boot the CD or ISO image, it starts Windows Setup, and loads the first set of drivers. Then it says "Starting Windows" and goes through the dialouges for selecting a partition and optionally formatting the partition. When the format finishes, it quits with the "Setup can not access the CD" instead of going to the next step of copying all the files to the freshly formatted partition.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Included are the WU.TXT file from HFNETCHK and the ERROR_REPORT.TXT from HFSLIP_60310.CMD.

TIA!

JR

Attached Files

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05

I copied the SP2/i386 folder and CD tag files WIN51, WIN51IP, and win51ip.SP2 to the HFSLIP/SOURCE folder.

When asked for a path at the beginning of the HFSLIP program, what did you enter?

Edited by Tomcat76, 16 March 2006 - 03:01 PM.

Posted Image

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06
Hi Sirs!
I came across HFSLIP while browsing for some possible resolution to my concerns:
http://www.msfn.org/...showtopic=69925 (chaining of hotfixes problems)
http://www.msfn.org/...showtopic=69415 (stuck at 39 minutes)
I hope HFSLIP would be able to resolve this for me.

BTW, could I use renamed files?
Posted Image

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
kiki - You're best bet is to not rename your hotfix files. Good luck slisptreaming them all in. Please post your results.

SnidelyW - Are you doing a CD installation? How did you slipstream SP2? Are you sure that your SP2 source works, prior to running HFSLIP?
Posted Image

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06
Thanks sir tommyp for the encouragement ... Ü

Although i might be in a fix here as those official hotfixes that i downloaded from Microsoft have all been renamed to the KB###### or KB######-v# format. I did this way to make it easier to sort by file name via nLite. Further, this format seemed to be the naming convention of the unofficial hotfixes i added to the official ones.

Sir, would there be any other way that I could make use of such files (I would have about 270-280 hotfixes already) as I encountered somewhere in this guide that we could actually add prefic to such files for sorting purposes?

Any work around that you could advise would be certainly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-KIKI-

Edited by Kiki Burgh, 21 March 2006 - 09:47 PM.

Posted Image

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
I think for Windows XP SP2 you should keep the original names of these:
WindowsUpdateAgent20.exe
LegitCheckControl.cab

The other files should be fine as long as they have at least "KB######" in their name.

270~280 hotfixes? Are you sure you aren't using Windows '87? :)

But seriously... I can't imagine you need all those hotfixes and I doubt HFSLIP handles them all. Check in my signature for the hotfixes you need for Windows XP SP2.

Edited by Tomcat76, 21 March 2006 - 10:20 PM.

Posted Image

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
For starters, type 1 hotfixes should be have the word "Windows" in it. Type 2 hotfixes are various, but you probably want to re-download them to get the correct filename. Refer to this for the difference between type 1s and type 2s. http://unattended.ms...xp/view/web/24/

Your best bet would be to use the same file naming scheme that MSFT uses. BTW, are you sure that all of those fixes are for SP2? It seems quite excessive, unless you have every problem/issue on your machine as listed on the KB article.

Edited by tommyp, 22 March 2006 - 05:32 AM.

Posted Image

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05

For starters, type 1 hotfixes should be have the word "Windows" in it.

That's right... I forgot about that...
Posted Image

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06
Hi Sirs (Tomcat76 & tommyp)!

I just want to share that I think HFSLIP handled the integration of the hotfixes (multitude of those! :D ) quite well if I were to base it on the error report I've attached here. (I suppose I encountered no error at all! ;) Although, I have not tried installing it yet. Which brings me to my next concern? It would seem that the ISO I could create via Nero or nLite (& I have validated too that boot.bin + the other win51ip.sp2, etc are there) is not bootable like the usual XP installation disk which when run within XP shows you the prompt & if run outside OS initializes Setup. :( Don't I need something like autorun.inf & setup.exe? Is there any other bootimage that I need?

Oops, I almost forgot --- some of these hotfixes are actually unofficial. Some I got from the others, some I got by calling Microsoft & they provided me the link for the download. I think some of these would be more or less included in their SP3.

BTW, I've attached too an error that I get when using nLite to remove some components & add some tweaks. Please know that basically - the components that I am trying to remove are the following: keyboards, all non-english languages, msn explorer, windows messenger, internet games, briefcase. Just going directly to the ISO creation posed no problem for me.

May I just verify - are components, docs, support, valueadd directories supposed to be empty? You see I created a new partition (D) to dedicate for HFSLIP but I'd like to know too if windows default directories - RECYCLER & System Volume Information - would not cause any problem in the creation of a bootable ISO?

Please know too that I can proudly say that renamed hotfixes (KB######.exe) can be handled by HFSLIP. Likewise, I tried putting back WindowsXP-KB######-x86-ENU.exe from previously renamed hotfixes (as a workaround) & HFSLIP still handled it.

I'd like to share too (for nLite users) that it is ideal to copy SOURCESS folder to some other location in your hard drive so it may be used to replace the same folder in HFSLIP when you intend to re-run nLite (as it refuses to use the same folder when it detects that it was already used but not finished ... just like when I encounter the problems I mentioned above :()

I am pleased with HFSLIP! Wish it would be much easier to remove some components & tweak some settings.

Thanks for your kind pieces of advice!

-KIKI-

Attached Files

Edited by Kiki Burgh, 24 March 2006 - 03:25 AM.

Posted Image

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 09-January 04
You do not have a boot.bin file in your HFTOOLS directory. Without this, a bootable ISO will not be created using HFSLIP (if you aren't planning on running NLITE on it). There is instructions on FDV's site for generating this file.

I never had probs running nlite on the sourcess folder, even if it was not moved. However, one issue I found out with NLITE is that if you select a file called "last session" that is located elsewhere on the harddrive (i.e. not in the program files\nlite\presets directory), NLITE throws an error message and crashes. I told Nuhi about it, but I was quickly brushed off. It happens all the time to me. As a workaround, if I have to import a favorite that is called "last session.ini" that does not reside in the PF\Nlite\Presets folder, I rename it to something else first.

These docs, support, valueadd folders. Are these alongside the source\i386 folder? Or are they inside the soruce\i386 folder?

One last point. HFSLIP may not slipstream all of those MSI installers. I *could* be wrong.
Posted Image

Super-Magician

Super-Magician

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Joined 15-January 06
Kiki, regarding your setup.exe and autorun.inf question:

If you want those in your ISO, copy them along with I386 and the ident files (i.e. WIN51, etc.) to SOURCE.

By the way, your CAB files might be better in HFAAO as they are "addon" packs. I'm not sure about that, but if you have questions, please ask Tomcat.

Posted Image
--------------------
Posted Image

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
  • Joined 06-January 06
Hi Sirs!
Thanks for pointing that out --- I do however have in the next attempt the boot.ini file present already as I believe it should have been extracted by BBIE from the source disk.

Components, Docs, Support, Valueadd directories are alongside HFSLIP --- all in the root of D.

Super Magician HFAAO folder is something that I have to create manually, right?

Thanks for the comments. Ü
Posted Image

Tomcat76

Tomcat76

MSFN Junkie

• Developer
  • 3,174 posts
  • Joined 08-August 05
cmpnents, DOCS, I386, SUPPORT, VALUEADD, etc. all go in the SOURCE folder. Basically, "SOURCE" is your CD. Don't forget to include all the WIN51 files too.

setup.exe and autorun.inf are only used when you initiate the install from Windows (ie, pop in the CD while Windows is running and wait for it to autorun). They are not used when booting the computer with the CD.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users