Matt_

What is your favorit type of game  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorit type of game

• Action
    • RPG
    • 1st Person
    • Strategy

I used to like strategy/RTS back in the old days before they all turned to full 3D.

Nowadays its all about FPS (COD, Vietcong, OFP and their successors, also other similar titles that come along).

Edited by DL.

Overall I like FPS. Call of Duty, HL2, Clive Barker's Undying (old one), etc...

RPGs are good too but I sort of left that genre back in the N64 days...

Anyone still love the NES, SNES? I have ALL the NES, SNES ROMs, and all the Game Boy, Game Boy Color if anyone wants them. This is not warez because they are like... a decade old or something... lol

Edited by Jeremy

RPG's. They contain some of the best stories and plots. Some of the games I've played have a story plot so involved that it makes you think of different aspects of life in ways that I never even considered. Has anyone ever played Star Ocean 3 for the PS2? Now that has a story that realy makes you think.

Overall I like FPS. Call of Duty, HL2, Clive Barker's Undying (old one), etc...

RPGs are good too but I sort of left that genre back in the N64 days...

Anyone still love the NES, SNES? I have ALL the NES, SNES ROMs, and all the Game Boy, Game Boy Color if anyone wants them. This is not warez because they are like... a decade old or something... lol

Yeah, the old games are fun.

I like to dig up my old gaming consoles (NES/SNES/N64) sometimes and play them the old way. It ain't the same feeling when playing them as ROMs. I didn't have any Gameboy and those games are not as good as the other ones, they are best played as they were meant to (on a small portable device).

There are a number of different generations of gamers (computer- and/or videogames). Some have been around since the very beginning, while others are quite new to it. Nowadays more people play games, and not only gamers. What you would call a gamer may differ, but I don't think that that girls at the age of 8-14 years playing Sims are to be considered gamers.

I myself began playing the NES as a kid in the late 80:s, then it went on with the SNES in the early 90:s and the PC in 94. I consider myself a gamer even though I haven't had time to play that much lately. I have played lots of different games over the years and also have a good knowledge of games in general.

Different gametypes have their own place in time. Back in the time of the NES there couldn't be any FPS because of hardware limitations, so platform-sidescrollers, adventures and the likes had their time then.

How many games of that type are released today? Very few!