Another Windows modding

Adamastor

Hi! :hello:

-I reshacked explorer.exe, but I can't find the menus and dialogs that appear in the Windows Explorer. I mean 'File, View,Favourites,Help...' and so on. I thought they were in explorer.exe but it seems to contain only the taskbar and some bitmaps. Where could I find them, please? :)

-I'd like to get rid of the menu bar, making the windows seem more Amiga-like. Maybe I should reshack the Windows Explorer and erase all menu items. I suppose nothing will go wrong, but I need to know first where they're stored.

-In the same way, I'd like to get rid of the taskbar. I mean not hiding it partially with the taskbar option, but to make it disappear completely. I've got a little executable that makes that possible, but a registry trick would be better as it eats no resources.

-Does anybody know how to lock up the desktop icons? I mean to make impossible to move them, not only not saving after exiting Windows, like a reg trick I found.

My Amiga-like Windows 98SE is progressing, I will put some screenshots (there's a lot of work to do, but I'm satisfied) :thumbup

Thanks!

Juanma

I forgot, here's the list of changes made: (please forgive me if you're not an Amiga fan)

:D

-System font changed to Arial (as used in Workbench 3.5). Old Amigatopaz in the rest of the windows.

-Wallpaper based on Workbench 3.1 (a grey one simulating the Amiga desktop).

-File transfer animations changed. Now Amiga bouncing ball animation substitutes them.

-All references to 'Windows' in explorer.exe, user.exe, etc. changed to 'AmigaOS'.

-WB 3.1 color scheme made with 3DCC.

-Collection of icons and cursors from WB 1.3 to WB 3.5 (using ActiveIcons).

-Control panel components changed. Include icons and bitmaps more Amiga-based.

-I use AmigaBar (from Phantom toolbox) which simulates an Amiga bar in the top of the screen.

Well, very few changes till now, but I'll try to improve it (and thanks to your help, of course) :hello:

sounds like an interesting little project, i look forward to your screen shots,

used to own several Amigas (and STs - boo hisss etc ;) )

this is the place you want to visit to find out the stuff your after -

http://wint.virtualplastic.net/

you might be able to get a lot of nice stuff (wallpaper, icons) from Amiga emulation sites. the other 'hacks' should be possible, don't know about the getting rid of the taskbar, beyond what you do now other than possibly using another shell instead of explorer.

btw have you seen this -

http://www.virtualplastic.net/html/art_amiga.html