Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

win2k hotstream - topic continued

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
This project now has its own forum! Thanks xper :thumbup

For any other specific topics, start a new topic. You could continue the general posts in this thread.
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

OS modder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
Hey Gurgle this is cool. I thought eventually it would get pinned but this WOW :thumbup
Posted Image

lightninglord2000

lightninglord2000

• 18 posts
Hey guys, I just want to know how different is this compared to AutoPatcher 2000?

I also suggest that bittorrent be used so that leechers share on the burden of bandwidth (if ever this gets released)

prathapml

prathapml

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
AutoPatcher is for installing updates AFTER windows is installed - leads to messiness.
Whereas hotstream pack integrates into the base install, so you have a clean updated install, right from the start.
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

Seijuro

Seijuro
  • 9 posts
Wow, when I first read "topic closed" I looked a little... :realmad:

But then it hit me, Gurglemeyer got his own well deserved realm!! :w00t:

If you guys decide to go the torrent (or any p2p) route I'm all in for it and willing to seed this puppy indefanently, it is the absolute very very least I can do in my part to help and show my appreciation of an undertaking that will probably never receive the recognition and gratitude it deserves.

slippykillsticks

slippykillsticks

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
I'm glad this project has it's own board now. Gurgelmeyer has spent darn almost a year on this thing, finally it has it's own place on MSFN. :thumbup

war59312

war59312

Will's Blog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
Well lets discuss Bittorrent for a minute. ;)

Perhaps I can run a trackerless one.

For information on trackerless torrents see:

http://www.bittorren...rackerless.html

Also, see:

http://pompone.cs.uc...ov_kademlia.pdf

Also interesting:

http://citeseer.ist....y02scalable.pdf

So what do you think of that idea?

Speificly, Gurgelmeyer, what do you think about the issue? That is, do I have permission first off, do you even like bittorent, too much of a hasle?, love the idea, would rather do it yourself, etc.
Ad Muncher Usage Statistics for v4.73 Beta Build 30552/2275
Adverts removed by Ad Muncher: 2,200,586
Approximate bandwidth saved: 17,192 MB
Counter started: April 2, 2003

prathapml

prathapml

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
I am in with war59312 on this - prev post about torrent dl for hotstream.

And also, downloading thru torrents is not difficult at all - you just need a 100 KB torrent client - http://utorrent.com/

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

OS modder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
Is 5.1 out yet?
Posted Image

zpeidulf

zpeidulf
  • 1 posts

I am in with war59312 on this - prev post about torrent dl for hotstream.

And also, downloading thru torrents is not difficult at all - you just need a 100 KB torrent client - http://utorrent.com/

I strongly agree, and I will gladly seed for a couple of days to get this thing started, hell, I might throw together a Torrent, if anyone has a good tip for tracker (preferably one with litttle to no Warez hanging around. Spreading the Torrent to the Warez-trackers is easy, but the torrent should be linked to a legal tracker, for obvious reasons, the Warez-people get their stuff anyways, sooner or later).

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
the thing is, I acualy cant understand that MSFN doesn't already HAVE its own torrent tracker, after all, it IS hosting a couple of great projects,
(just an idea though),
[message of the .....whatever]
Dont be a luser*!*@msnf.org: Ask Good Questions. , read the microsoft guide, google-it-yourself
Do NOT use pirated software, there is free opensource software for allmost every task you seak!
Where is the "any key" ???

slippykillsticks

slippykillsticks

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
Does Gurgelmeyer even realize that the thread has been moved yet? Sorry just seems like its been a few days since I've heard anthing out of him.

BTW I think a torrent tracker would be a good idea.

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

OS modder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
I emailed him to let him know
Posted Image

slippykillsticks

slippykillsticks

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
Excellent :) Thank you

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
Hi everyone - I know now :lol:

Thanks to xper for creating this forum :thumbup - the original thread seemed awfully long, so this will make things a lot easier to keep track of.

I've spent three entire days bugfixing the DTC / COM+ update 902400 so no one will experience any of the problems mentioned in KB909444 when installing USP 5 SR-1. Apart from the security issue this particular security update fixes tons of other bugs because it replaces the Post-SP4 COM+ Update Rollups 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, and 34 - none of which are available for direct download btw. USP 5.0 contained the latest at the time, which was 34.

Furthermore I've corrected an old bug which somtimes caused Setup to spontaneously reboot the computer when installing DTC (used to happen to me all the time - quite annoying actually).

I'd like to apologize to anyone who has tried to send me PM's - my inbox is FULL (I'll empty it now of course)

About torrents - I'm an absolute noob when it comes to file sharing. I'd much prefer just to upload it somewhere and let someone do what's necessary to actually share it (I'm paying per byte too). Please feel free to consider it shareware and upload/share it as you like. I don't mind :)

Right now I'm looking for a place to upload USP 5.0 SR-1 ---- anyone?

Best regards
Gurgelmeyer B)

slippykillsticks

slippykillsticks

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
How about FileFront or something similar? I'm not too familiar with download sites, so somebody can probably think of something better.

I'd like to stay away from sites like MegaUpload, youshareit, etc. Something as honest as the work you've done would deserves a better hosting because it become lost among terabytes of warez and pr0n at one of those types of sites.

Aegis

Aegis

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
Maybe xper can make Gurgel mod of his forum? And to solve the download server problem, you can try allowing only SP4 cd's and then creating a patch for those files. Or you can use Binary Delta Compression (search MS for it), the technology that MS uses for their express installs.

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
Here's a question for gurglemeyer

what about Future updates, the thing is, its a 220Mebs download,
but also a 220megs upload (for those who share it).

Im willing to share the file with 20users a month ( about 4GB of files).
So now im asking, is it posible to make it so that IF any changes should be made, to NOT repack the whole fill but just make a small fix for it to insert after the main USP file...

bandwidth cost a awfull lot a money, so i guess we all whant it to be wel-spend.

Take care and, - if anyone gets the torrent thingy up. let me know...
Dont be a luser*!*@msnf.org: Ask Good Questions. , read the microsoft guide, google-it-yourself
Do NOT use pirated software, there is free opensource software for allmost every task you seak!

lightninglord2000

lightninglord2000

• 18 posts
The thing that makes torrents great is that it lessens the burden of bandwidth to the server by forcing every downloader/leecher to share/upload some of the parts making data transfer efficient. That's why I also suggest using torrents.

Also, by using bittorrent, users (like -I-) can easily share the bandwidth by being like a server for the files (I think the technical term here is seeding). Users can also track how much they have downloaded and uploaded so they can know if they have exceeded their bandwidth usage, etc.

Anyway, I'm reallly looking forward to USP 5.1 getting released ASAP.

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
Hi :)

Technically it is possible to make a non-cumulative service pack, which would require SP4. Maybe I should look into that again ;)

Best regards,
Gurgelmeyer :B

war59312

war59312

Will's Blog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
Gurgelmeyer upload it to me like normal and I will post a torrent. :)

Perhaps in:

/willsdownloads.com/hotstream/upload it here/

;)

Edited by war59312, 21 October 2005 - 12:56 AM.

Ad Muncher Usage Statistics for v4.73 Beta Build 30552/2275
Adverts removed by Ad Muncher: 2,200,586
Approximate bandwidth saved: 17,192 MB
Counter started: April 2, 2003

Alexander Maxim

Alexander Maxim
  • 8 posts

Right now I'm looking for a place to upload USP 5.0 SR-1 ---- anyone?

Best regards
Gurgelmeyer B)

Maybe on Softpedia ?
Edit: Actually they just sent me an e-mail in which they said they want to add the USP5 to their downloads, but they can't find a link from where to download it. Gurgelmeyer, please contact them on the feedback page http://www.softpedia.../feedback.shtml , maybe you can work something out with them

Edited by Alexander Maxim, 21 October 2005 - 05:25 AM.

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
whaha CEWL so cewl -

lots of thnx in advance to the softpedia guys...

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
@war59312 - upload done.

I'll get in touch with the softpedia guys right away - thanks for mailing them :thumbup

Best regards,
Gurgelmeyer B)

glent

glent

Tpyo Spceialist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
Can i download this elsewhere as wills site has no bandwith left

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN