Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Automatically create multi-boot folders and files

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

geitonaki

geitonaki

• 30 posts
  • Joined 17-September 05
Edit: New version.

You can automatically create the multi-boot folders and files using my batch file for any version of Windows 2000, XP, 2003. Everything needed is included in the file I have uploaded.

File attached so people don't need to wait for RapidShare's download ticket ~ Alanoll

Here I will post only the main batch file:
create_boot_folder.cmd
@echo offif [%1] == [] goto :usageif [%2] == [] goto :usageif [%3] == [] goto :usageif [%4] == [] goto :usageif [%5] == [] goto :usageif not [%6] == [] goto :usageif not exist "%~f1" (	echo Directory "%~f1" does not exist.	goto :usage)if not exist "%~f2" (	echo Directory "%~f2" does not exist.	goto :usage)if exist "%~f2\%3" (	echo "%~f2\%3" already exists so nothing to do, please delete it manually	goto :end)set pth=%~f1set aio=%~f2call set pth=%%pth:%aio%=%%if "%pth%" == "%~f1" (	echo "%~f1" must be under "%~f2".	goto :end)if exist "%1\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF" (	set src_dir=%1\I386	set dest_dir=%2\%3	set archit=I386) else if exist "%1\AMD64\TXTSETUP.SIF" (	set src_dir=%1\AMD64	set dest_dir=%2\%4	set archit=AMD64) else (	echo Cannot find TXTSETUP.SIF in I386 or AMD64 in %1)type "%src_dir%\TXTSETUP.SIF" | findstr /r ",_[1-9] ,[1-9]_" | sed -e s/"=.*"/""/g -e s/" .*"/""/g > out.txttype out.txt | sed -e s/".$"/"_"/g > out_.txtmkdir "%dest_dir%"for /f %%i in ('type out.txt') do copy "%src_dir%\%%i" "%dest_dir%" > nul 2>&1for /f %%i in ('type out_.txt') do copy "%src_dir%\%%i" "%dest_dir%" > nul 2>&1copy "%src_dir%\BOOTFONT.BIN" "%dest_dir%" > nul 2>&1copy "%src_dir%\BOOTFONT.BIN" "%2" > nul 2>&1mkdir "%dest_dir%\SYSTEM32"copy "%src_dir%\system32\*.*" "%dest_dir%\SYSTEM32" > nul 2>&1set pth=%pth:\=\\%type "%src_dir%\TXTSETUP.SIF" | sed -e s/"SetupSourcePath = \""/"SetupSourcePath = \"%pth%"/g > "%dest_dir%\TXTSETUP.SIF"unix2dos "%dest_dir%\TXTSETUP.SIF"del "%dest_dir%\NTDLL.DLL" > nul 2>&1if "%archit%" == "AMD64" (	mkdir "%2\%3"	copy "%1\I386\NTDETECT.COM" "%2\%3" > nul 2>&1)if "%5" == "1" (	copy SETUPLDR.BIN "%2\%3" > nul 2>&1) else (	copy "%1\I386\SETUPLDR.BIN" "%2\%3" > nul 2>&1)start /w xvi32.exe "%2\%3\SETUPLDR.BIN" /S=replaceI386.xsc "%3"if "%archit%" == "AMD64" (	start /w xvi32.exe "%2\%3\SETUPLDR.BIN" /S=replaceAMD64.xsc "%4")copy BOOT.BIN "%2\%3.bin" > nul 2>&1start /w xvi32.exe "%2\%3.bin" /S=universalrepl.xsc "I386" "%3"del OUT.txt > nul 2>&1del OUT_.txt > nul 2>&1copy "%1\CDROM*.*" "%2"\ > nul 2>&1copy "%1\WIN51*.*" "%2"\ > nul 2>&1goto :end:usageecho Usage: %~n0 setup_dir aio_dir boot_dir1 boot_dir2 flag_for_using_cracked_setupldrgoto :end:end

Edit: New version so that you don't need to subst your aio-dvd dir anymore.

File attached ~ Alanoll

Attached Files

Edited by Alanoll, 09 January 2006 - 12:49 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

amd64lover

amd64lover

• PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Joined 08-October 05
how does it work? do we just put it in the root of the installation folder?

geitonaki

geitonaki

• 30 posts
  • Joined 17-September 05
Download the self extracting rar file in the first post, execute it and it will ask where to install. Browse to your AIO-DVD folder. When finished it will create #TOOLS in there, open create_boot_folders.cmd which calls create_boot_folder.cmd, modify it in your needs and execute it.

It will create the boot folders, modify setupldr.bin, modify txtsetup.sif, create the boot sector and copy the tag files. Everything described in http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/ for Windows 2000/XP/2003 is made automatically B). Doesn't this topic deserve to be sticky :)?

@amd64lover
please give us feedback for 64bit version of windows since I don't have an amd64 to test, but I am pretty sure that everything should be fine.

Edited by geitonaki, 17 October 2005 - 08:07 PM.

amd64lover

amd64lover

• PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Joined 08-October 05
@geitonaki
the 64bit installed PERFECTLY!!! i used your method to disable the checksum and created XP64 & PRO64 folders and everything worked great. i will try your batch file and see how it works. thanks

Edited by amd64lover, 17 October 2005 - 08:18 PM.

CptMurphy

CptMurphy

Just another techie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Joined 15-October 05
Say, I don't suppose this'll work for Redhat would it? I'm gonna try it out anyway, just wanted to ask.
--- Signatures with a resolution greater then 300pix in width and 100pix in height will be removed ---
--- Please read the rules ---

geitonaki

geitonaki

• 30 posts
  • Joined 17-September 05

Say, I don't suppose this'll work for Redhat would it? I'm gonna try it out anyway, just wanted to ask.

No it won't. As I said it works for any version of Windows 2000, XP, 2003

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
  • Joined 25-September 03
That's the second file of yours I've attached so people don't have to go to that dreadful site...

I'll try this later on...
But as for the sticky...I do believe a random suggestion in a post does nothing. Let alone one for your OWN topic. It's just not really polite in all honesty.

I'll unsticky the old thread, but there really isn't any need for this to be a sticky, or the other page. They're still on the first page of the forum, and a simple search should bring these up.
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

geitonaki

geitonaki

• 30 posts
  • Joined 17-September 05

That's the second file of yours I've attached so people don't have to go to that dreadful site...

Having 150kb limit for each post how could I uploaded here? My only option was to upload to rapidshare.de

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
  • Joined 25-September 03

Having 150kb limit for each post how could I uploaded here? My only option was to upload to rapidshare.de

whoops, guess I should have adde the :P smiley so you know I wasn't trying to say you did something wrong. Next time though, if you need something attached, you could just send it to me and I'll upload and attach it to yourpost.
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

hardlocke

hardlocke
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 18-October 04
the create_boot_folders.cmd code doesn't work for me...

return code:
Usage: create_boot_folder setup_dir boot_dir1 boot_dir2 flag_for_using_cracked_setupldr

geitonaki

geitonaki

• 30 posts
  • Joined 17-September 05
Make sure you are running create_boot_folders.cmd and not create_boot_folder.cmd
Also read carefully the included help.

Totalled

Totalled
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 03-June 05
Just a quick question now. I have been looking through the posts and the files and had a play but i just can't seem to get my head around the coding in create_boot_folders.cmd

I just seem to get the same message as hardlocke did.

Could someone please post a working copy so i can get a better handle on it.

Much appriciated.

hazard_abio

hazard_abio

• 41 posts
  • Joined 21-February 05

Rapidshare.de actually changed their method of downloading, you just gotta type in the Verify code, and you get the download now. :thumbup

geitonaki

geitonaki

• 30 posts
  • Joined 17-September 05

Just a quick question now. I have been looking through the posts and the files and had a play but i just can't seem to get my head around the coding in create_boot_folders.cmd

I just seem to get the same message as hardlocke did.

Could someone please post a working copy so i can get a better handle on it.

Much appriciated.

I have uploaded a new version, check it out and post how it worked for you, the syntax is now:
Usage: create_boot_folder setup_dir aio_dir boot_dir1 boot_dir2 flag_for_using_cracked_setupldr
You have to open create_boot_folders.cmd with notepad, modify the included examples and then run it by double clicking the file

CptMurphy

CptMurphy

Just another techie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Joined 15-October 05
All righty man. I just did a basic test of your multi-boot dvd prog. It created the the boot stuff perfectly. Since I don't have an x64 rig, I can only test out the cracked setupldr.bin via server2003. I'll post results later. So far so good man. You've done an awesome job!
--- Signatures with a resolution greater then 300pix in width and 100pix in height will be removed ---
--- Please read the rules ---

zuma

zuma
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 06-February 06
i addthis

copy "%src_dir%\WINNT.SIF" "%dest_dir%" > nul 2>&1

Edited by zuma, 01 March 2006 - 03:47 PM.

andyd

andyd

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 29-March 05
Will this work with 2k3 r2?

geitonaki

geitonaki

• 30 posts
  • Joined 17-September 05

Will this work with 2k3 r2?

yes

twig123

twig123

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05
First of all I'd like to say 'Great Job!' with the coding for this! :)

I also wanted to bring up that I have been having some issues trying to get this to work with BTS's Driver Packs. When I select my boot source after Text setup the system reboots & tries to load BTS files, but fails because it can't find the \OEM\BIN folder (not $OEM$). If I copy the entire OEM folder to the root of the AIO disk it works with no issues. The only drawback is that I am doing an AIO with each containing different files from BTS packs. (ex: 1 w/ LAN, 1 w/LAN, SATA and so on).
Ex. DIR Structure:
***non-working***
$OEM$
Setup
-English
----WINXP
--------Original
------------I386
------------OEM

***Working*** (moved OEM to root)
$OEM$
Setup
OEM
-English
----WINXP
--------Original
------------I386
------------OEM

can anyone help me to make my AIO point eich to their respective OEM folder, instead of only looking for OEM in the root of the drive?

Thanks

geitonaki

geitonaki

• 30 posts
  • Joined 17-September 05

can anyone help me to make my AIO point eich to their respective OEM folder, instead of only looking for OEM in the root of the drive?

Thanks

You need to modify all BTS scripts that use the directory OEM. (e.g. in I386\PRESETUP.CMD change OEM to anything you want)

Edited by geitonaki, 08 May 2006 - 12:11 AM.

digitalrelay

digitalrelay
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 22-October 05
Hi guys.. I'm loving this batch file... If I could only figure out what this error means...

Creating multi-boot folders and files, it will take some time...
sed: -e expression #1, char 65: Unterminated `s' command
The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.
sed: -e expression #1, char 61: Unterminated `s' command
sed: -e expression #1, char 60: Unterminated `s' command
If you don't see any error message above then everything should be ok, but please check.
Press any key to continue . . .

Can anyone help?

here's the create_boot_folders.cmd source

@echo off

rem Change the following lines having this in mind:
rem call create_boot_folder.cmd setup_dir aio_dir boot_dir1 boot_dir2 flag_for_using_cracked_setupldr
rem
rem setup_dir: where the setup files are
rem aio_dir:   where your aio folder is
rem boot_dir1: must be 4-characters long
rem boot_dir2: must be 5-characters long, needed only for 64bit versions of windows
rem (if boot_dir2 isn't needed (for 32bit versions) write anything e.g. FOO since it will be ignored)
rem flag_for_using_cracked_setupldr=1 for 64bit versions and Windows Server 2003 with SP1

rem When you have changed this file save it and run it.

echo Creating multi-boot folders and files, it will take some time...

call create_boot_folder.cmd D:\AIO_DVD\Setup\W2K3_EN\DTC\ D:\AIO_DVD iDTC FOO 0
call create_boot_folder.cmd D:\AIO_DVD\Setup\W2K3_EN\ENT\ D:\AIO_DVD iENT FOO 0
call create_boot_folder.cmd D:\AIO_DVD\Setup\W2K3_EN\SBS\ D:\AIO_DVD iSBS FOO 0
call create_boot_folder.cmd D:\AIO_DVD\Setup\W2K3_EN\STD\ D:\AIO_DVD iSTD FOO 0
call create_boot_folder.cmd D:\AIO_DVD\Setup\W2K3_EN\WEB\ D:\AIO_DVD iWEB FOO 0

call create_boot_folder.cmd D:\AIO_DVD\Setup\XPPro_EN\ D:\AIO_DVD iXPP FOO 0

call create_boot_folder.cmd D:\AIO_DVD\Setup\XPME_EN\ D:\AIO_DVD iXPM FOO 0

echo If you don't see any error message above then everything should be ok, but please check.
pause

^^ Also I'm using sp2 in 2k3 and I'm not sure if I need to use the setupldr.bin patch. Has it been tested yet?

Thanks

vaempire4wii

vaempire4wii

Ðêv¡¦ Wîthïn

• Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 23-October 06
where's de download link?
My First Blog:
http://i333.blogspot.com/
Any comment would be highly appreciated :)

If freedom means anything, then its telling people what they don't wanna hear.

Pliek

Pliek

• PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined 07-February 06
Someone there to upload these files please :hello:

Edited by Pliek, 11 January 2007 - 05:47 AM.

Hardcore Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WPI addict..

Pliek

Pliek

• PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined 07-February 06
We need the download...anyway this is all for nothing????? :wacko:
Hardcore Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WPI addict..

andregcasal

andregcasal

Amoguai

• PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Joined 25-November 05
OMG, absolutely amazing! Worked perfectly for me :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)