Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

USP versions

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

RyanVM

RyanVM

Like a big surly teddy bear.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts
  • Joined 31-August 03
How are you getting a hacked file to be protected by WFP?
RyanVM MSFN Files | RyanVM Forums
Please do not link directly to files on my site or modify/redistribute them without getting my permission first. Link to the above URL instead.
Current Update Pack Release: 2.2.2
(Released April 28, 2008)

BTW, 90% of what I say is kidding around. Don't take things so personally ;)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

slippykillsticks

slippykillsticks

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 29-May 05

How are you getting a hacked file to be protected by WFP?

See, that was my question. I don't understand how it is possible, :blink:

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04
probebly because it is installed with an MS sp- installer.
yet still it probebly stil needs to check agains a md5 checksum?

so my question: where is the checksum hosted???
on the MS-update site, or in a local inf file on your cdrom.
(in the later case) just editing the file would be enought (als long as MS wont update the file with a newer version - wicht, seams probebly rather unlikly since win2k aint in mainstream anymore.....

Edited by -I-, 21 November 2005 - 09:17 AM.

[message of the .....whatever]
Dont be a luser*!*@msnf.org: Ask Good Questions. , read the microsoft guide, google-it-yourself
Do NOT use pirated software, there is free opensource software for allmost every task you seak!
Where is the "any key" ???

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05
Hi :)

I'm in and out of hospitals these days (I'm not well at all), which is why I haven't been able to sign in here as often as I want to. To make things even worse, the CPU fan on my computer just broke, so I cant keep it on for work for more than 10 minutes or so (sigh!). I'll get a new (used) one tomorrow!!

To make WFP protect an unsigned file is not as easy as I anticipated. Now, there's no such thing as "impossible" :lol: - but I'll look into this later on. sfcfiles.dll has some interesting undocumented entry points, and the MS .cat's also have some interesting undocumented attributes, which Setup uses to determine stuff. And - let's not forget - NT5 does to some extent support load-time executable patching - although this is undocumented too.

Best regards,
Gurgelmeyer B)

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04

I'm in and out of hospitals these days (I'm not well at all)

Well stop being sick, you ........[my mom doesn't like these kinds of words so ive put a bigg BLEEP in this message instead.]....... cuze im waiting my a** OFF ;)
... (ow BTW i got my hand on windows 2k server / advanced server versions, to test this SP on)....
But realy i wish you, a **** quick recovery now, (and that goes for ur computer as well )...

To make WFP protect an unsigned file is not as easy as I anticipated

So whats wrong with using MODPE ... or am i completely beside the point now??????

Edited by -I-, 27 November 2005 - 01:11 PM.

Dont be a luser*!*@msnf.org: Ask Good Questions. , read the microsoft guide, google-it-yourself
Do NOT use pirated software, there is free opensource software for allmost every task you seak!

RyanVM

RyanVM

Like a big surly teddy bear.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts
  • Joined 31-August 03

To make WFP protect an unsigned file is not as easy as I anticipated. Now, there's no such thing as "impossible" :lol: - but I'll look into this later on. sfcfiles.dll has some interesting undocumented entry points, and the MS .cat's also have some interesting undocumented attributes, which Setup uses to determine stuff. And - let's not forget - NT5 does to some extent support load-time executable patching - although this is undocumented too.

Best regards,
Gurgelmeyer B)

Needless to say, I eagerly anticipate your results :)
RyanVM MSFN Files | RyanVM Forums
Please do not link directly to files on my site or modify/redistribute them without getting my permission first. Link to the above URL instead.
Current Update Pack Release: 2.2.2
(Released April 28, 2008)

BTW, 90% of what I say is kidding around. Don't take things so personally ;)

azagahl

azagahl

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Joined 12-November 04
Version 5.1 Standard Edition - will contain all of the above + NETFX11 + DX9 + MDAC27SP1 refresh (and all hotfixes for those of course) ...

I hope you include both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0, note that .NET 2.0 is NOT backward compatible with .NET 1.1.

Also, I hope you include d3dx9_24.dll, d3dx9_25.dll, d3dx9_26.dll, and d3dx9_27.dll. These 4 DLL's are installed by the five most recent bimonthly releases of the DX 9.0c SDK redistributable. Essentially, you need to run at least four of these DX redistributables to be able to get all 4 DLL's and be able to run all DX 9.0 apps. There may be other legal ways of distributing the 4 DLL's that allow you to package them more compactly. See here for more details on this issue:

http://inky.50megs.c...l-revisited.htm
http://www.toymaker..../d3dx_dlls.html

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05
@azagahl - so the "right" thing is to include both .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 and the managed DX9? Roger that ;)

/Gurgelmeyer B)

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05
Finally USP 5.1 is available for public download. Enjoy this one :rolleyes:

Best regards,
Gurgelmeyer B)

slippykillsticks

slippykillsticks

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 29-May 05
What was said about .NET is correct - both 1.1 and 2.0 are needed as they work in parallel as opposed to overlapping. The latest DirectX December 2005 Redistributable can be found here - http://www.softwarep...ws/directx.html - and it contains all of the new DLLs 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28.

The correct version of MDAC is MDAC 2.8 SP1 which can be found here - http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

The newest available full version of Windows Media Player 9 is 2980. However, version 3250 can be obtained by adding the hotfix KB885492 after installing MPSetup.exe, which is preferred.

Edited by slippykillsticks, 30 December 2005 - 09:13 AM.

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

Gurgelmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 27-January 05

If you ever need any help, I'm pretty sure everyone here would be glad to lend you a hand. :D If there is anything we can do, just let us know. I realize you're currently having some difficulty finding suitable hosting.

Actually - if someone made a 2k driver pack it would be nice :whistle:

SoftPedia

SoftPedia

Softpedia Senior IT Manager

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 25-October 05

Finally USP 5.1 is available for public download. Enjoy this one :rolleyes:

Best regards,
Gurgelmeyer B)

Now available on Softpedia also :)
Enjoy! :yes:
Softpedia Senior IT Manager

dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

OS modder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • Joined 07-March 05
I was looking over past threads and someone had something called T-clock and xp icons along with xp start bar, This was cool any progress? Is this going to be included?
Posted Image

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 697 posts
  • Joined 09-August 05
Thread here for anyone who wants to try the beta (still hoping for some feedback, btw, and screenshots are always good :hello: ). I can't speak for inclusion in Hotstream, though...

Anonymo

Anonymo

• 45 posts
  • Joined 05-September 03
Yeah Drivers is what gives xp it's edge over 2000 in my opinion.
Posted Image

Targaff

Targaff

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 22-August 05

Thread here for anyone who wants to try the beta (still hoping for some feedback, btw, and screenshots are always good :hello: ). I can't speak for inclusion in Hotstream, though...

Bill: I'll try and give it a go over the next few days, if I'm not too busy.

Electrician

Electrician

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 04-February 05
@wildbill
Well I must say, it looks rather nice! :yes:
ALMOST enough to tempt me into the skinning thing. Once the skinning fans discover what you
have done, I am sure they will beat a path to your files-door.

Just not for me. But if you have time on your programming hands...

XP things I would like to see in W2k... (function, not nes. xp parts) :w00t:
Unified regedit-regedt32
Restore of previous folders at logon.
File version info on 'float over'

Edited by Electrician, 16 January 2006 - 07:46 PM.

Electrician

Electrician

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 04-February 05

Actually - if someone made a 2k driver pack it would be nice :whistle:

I could help you with the Intel portion. Using how-to advice from this site, I added Intel mobo support
by putting the compressed form of the INF and Cat files in my souce i386 (about two month ago).
Have been using the $oem$ folder for the rest (LAN/VID/AUD) but - again -
Using advice from msfn, have put all that into an INTEL.cab (driver pack) along with the cats (meow).
Mind this has not been tested except with one intel mobo - but has a lot of stuff in it.
I use the same system for testing builds, but since that and the Dells we use all are Intel based.....
When I get back from my 3-day, I will verify it has the latest parts and post it here.

ed 1/17/06, 1/18/06
Guess not - 11.6 MB zipped Tried RapidUpload.com Six atempts later still not working! DRAT!
ed 1/22/06
:thumbup Persistance wins. Download here: http://www12.rapidup...l&filepath=3893

Edited by Electrician, 22 January 2006 - 10:30 PM.

Electrician

Electrician

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 04-February 05
@gurgelmeyer
So, if the "haltcpu"/"overheat" bug is fixed by adding a reg entry to have W2k
NOT treat an HT P4 like two cpu's, and I see that reg is placed after using USP5.1
THEN it would be emplied that the latest ver of the hal is being used. Correct? :}

So WHY does M$ update and Windows update sites think it needs the urp? :wacko:

Not complaining, mind you. I can live with it. Just curious.
ed 1/20/06
DOH! :blushing: You already mentioned this in another post. But did you included the new filter driver
(but not register it) in the USP 5.1 build? How do I check if it is there, and (un)registered?

Edited by Electrician, 20 January 2006 - 02:19 PM.

pene

pene

Junior

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 05-July 05
Any idea when is 5.2 estimated to arrive?

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04
the msfn board have been down and - i havent seen G online for ages :S

mind i tell all of you who are desparate to include dx9 and NET into your os, that in the intergrate software section of the Nlite forums are good and up to date switchless installeres ( id recoment decabbing them, and putting the exe files in c:\install and run them grom the [GuiRunOnce] section in the winnt.sif file. (witch is running better than the hlfslip.inf files ...

just only untill /G is able to release a better working SP build for them...

Electrician

Electrician

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 04-February 05
guirunonce is must for msi files and stuff that needs gui, but inf's run at T13 and get installed in default profile. guirunonce is current user (who logged on at end of install).

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04
iv seen some msi files word on w2k from svspck.inf < like openoffice) ....
so not al msi-exec commands near gui (corrent user)....

os2fan2

os2fan2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 09-September 04
One thing dandy to add for a service pack is the vc6 run-time files. This is one or two files (since most of them are already there). The vc6redist program (which places them in Win98/NT), does not work under 2k, and the files are already present under Windows xp.

W

-I-

-I-

win2k Freak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04
Those 2 files, of wich one is gdiplus (if im not mistaking), should also be distributed by dotNET 1.1 - (will get included in next release),

but if im wrong here, please give us the mames of the files that you think nead to be included...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users