This is just a quick overview of the USP's
The USP's are all fully cumulative, which means that they contain everything from Service Pack 4.
USP 5.0 contains all hotfixes for Windows (all that I know of) and for the built in versions of IE/OE/DX etc.
- USP 5.0 Gold (build 10) - released; contains ~350 hotfixes and security fixes
- USP 5.0 SR-1 (build 11) - released; contains >400 hotfixes and security fixes; corrects several registry bugs from SP4
- USP 5.02.2195.16a RETRO ("Gurgels Own") - released; contains more than >50 additional hotfixes and all security updates; DOS setup is fixed. Since this is my personal edition I've removed AU and SPAD, and added >127 GB IDE drives from text mode setup and onwards, because this is safe. Up to date as of 1/1 2006 with security fixes (quality assurance!), and 4/1 2006 with hotfixes.
No further releases of USP 5.0 are planned.
USP 5.1 contains everything from USP 5.0 and furthermore it includes IE6/OE6/WAB6/SE56/MSI31/BITS2 and all hotfixes and security updates for those too. It also supports >127 GB IDE drives from text mode setup and onwards.
- USP 5.1 (build 18) - released
- USP 5.10.2195.21 - released; contains more than >50 additional hotfixes and all security updates; DOS setup is fixed. Includes April 06 Updates btw.
No further releases of USP 5.1 are planned.
USP 5.2 will contain everything from USP 5.1 and furthermore it will include NET11 + NET20 + DX9c + MDX9c + MDAC28SP1 and all hotfixes and security updates for for those of course.
USP 5.5 / USP Extreme Ed
USP 5.5 / USP Extreme will contain everything from USP 5.2 and furthermore just about everything which is available for W2k at no charge from microsoft.com, including RDPClient, IE tools, TweakUI, MSConfig, Messenger etc. etc. Most of these extras will be optional components. (And Messenger will be detached from MS OE by default!) Furthermore it will contain a control panel applet named "System Options" which will allow you to enable/disable most of the known registry tweaks - and a few new ones
I'm considering support for SATA storage, updated chipset .INFs, and Universal High Definition Audio (KB888111). Updated MS components (various MS*.OCX/.DLL's) would be nice too, and the standard Codec drivers.
No third party applications/tools/executables are planned for the USPs - only exception might be this - the USP Extreme.
PLEASE NOTICE that the former "USP Version 5.1 Basic Edition" project has been renamed to just "USP 5.1" - the former "USP Version 5.1 Standard Edition" project has been renamed to just "USP 5.2" - and finally the "USP Version 5.1 Extreme Edition" is now named "USP 5.5" or "USP Extreme".
About MSJVM3810, I'll wrap this up as a hotfix when I get the time.
Allow me to thank the following
- Will for hosting my work on www.willsdownloads.com
- MajorGeeks for hosting/mirroring my work
- SoftPedia for hosting/mirroring my work
- YouKnowWhoYouAre for providing hotfixes
- YouKnowWhoYouAreToo for providing hotfixes
- YouAlsoKnowWhoYouAre for providing hotfixes
- And last but not least Microsoft Corporation for making Windows 2000 - it's the best money I ever spent
YOU GUYS ROCK
This post has been edited by Gurgelmeyer: 28 April 2006 - 09:13 AM