Faronics deep freeze

wolf7448

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do u think faronics deep freeze is reliable to protect my networked computers?

• Yes
    • Meh, I use something else
    • No
    • what now???

I use it in a school that I manage in the computer lab.. As with anything.. there are ways around things.. but this one works rather well. In my testing.. i removed as much of the registry that I had permissions to as the limited user.. restarted... back to normal..

NOW.. with administrative privledges.. i tried the same.. the computer didnt come back up.. so.. with that being said.. DeepFreeze PLUS tight security.. it is a good product.

Edit: Whoever posted no.. please give a reason so we have a fair review for our user...I too am curious of your opinion

Edited by chilifrei64

properly configured, this one can be very difficult to bypass, but simply deleting the files deepfreeze uses while it's running is enough to disable it.

a few hidden servces and whatnot isn't enough to deter the determined users.

My suggestion? RIS once a week.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

Deep Freez is good for school or internet cafe that have the computer allways on the internet that it can be attached by virus and also for configuration changing

BAD thing

Deep Freeze will not protect you if a keylogger is installed from internet or any bad site in your system that could take your password or cridetcard ,

Deep freeze will not protect your document and system and work as a firewall

and dont forget that if you need to make any change or install a new program you have to stop the program and restart and stop the computer for some time .. and if there is a virus that come to the computer that have deep freez installed in but disable .. it can live forever once its back on enabled

for me

I would like to install Firwall and Antivirus on the computers .. this is better

and for other network user if you need to prevent them from changing the setting .. use the guess account

(limited account)

I have one old fashion notebook celeron 433,128 ram,10 gb. hdd.Of course nlited XP installed.Last days when visited one warez site i don't understand what happen.One little (5 kb.) program installing yourself into services.I can't stop from services.It's a nightmare.

I understood how much important depfreeze.One restart everythings fine...