Nero 7 Ultra only The Basic's.

keytotime

The mst guide is already there, and you need the retail version, not the demo

yep, oversaw it - my fault *sorry*

the thing with the demo isnt as easy as you want it ;) probably you know that already but just to make sure: the upgrade-version of nero is the same as the demo-version with the difference that you either enter your key or the installer finds a retail version on your pc.

with that in mind guides for the retail-versions are outdated if you want to have the newest version and thats where the problems begin.

with nero6 it was easy - extract the nero-folder und place it in %ProgramFiles% without any installation. settings could be integrated via .reg-files and all was fine. doesnt work (yet) for nero7 sorrowly.

Edited by eirogge

I'm using the demo and havin no prob's. I import the serial with the rest of my regtweaks at t-13. It install's but it has no shortcut's. That's why i use XXMKLINK to create the shortcut's. Here the code i use for creating the shortcut's:

If Exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe" md "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Ultra"
If Exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe" md "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Ultra\Tools"
If Exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe" XXMKLINK "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Ultra\Nero Burning Rom" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe"
If Exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe" XXMKLINK "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Ultra\Tools\Nero CDSpeed" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Nero Toolkit\CDSpeed.exe"
If Exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe" XXMKLINK "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Ultra\Tools\Nero DriveSpeed" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Nero Toolkit\DriveSpeed.exe"
If Exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe" XXMKLINK "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Ultra\Tools\Nero InfoTool" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Nero Toolkit\InfoTool.exe"
del /q "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Set Program Access and Defaults.lnk"
del /q "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Windows Catalog.lnk"

To Add XXMKLINK to your cd copy it to your i386 folder and add this to Dosnet under [Files]

d1,XXMKLINK.EXE

Add this to txtsetup.sif under [sourceDisksFiles]

XXMKLINK.EXE = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0

Finally for me, I have make Nero7 Silent is these steps :

1) Downloaded Nero 7 Demo 7.0.1.2 (FR package)

2) Clean ...

- All .mst files except the 1036.mst file (my lang ...)

- Redist \ Conf folder

- Setup \ EULA all except EULA_fra (my lang ...)

3) Customize the .mst/.msi file in AdminStudio 7

- String Nero 7 Demo to Nero 7 Ultra Edition (for cosmetic ...)

- Customized features ...

- License key direct in mst file

- NeroScout FALSE (in fact just the last part is unchecked ...)

4) AutoIt3 script to confirm install ... because with the /qb /norestart setup runs in english and shortcuts are english too ... I have tested with the TRASNFORMS but the shortcuts don't created anymore ! and I don't like manual creation of shorcuts ...

French Ressources ...
#Initialisation
AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 1)
BlockInput(1)

#Lancement
Run("SetupX.exe")

#Lassistant dinstallation va installer sur cet ordinateur.
WinWait(" - Assistant dinstallation","Lassistant dinstallation va installer sur cet ordinateur.")
WinActivate(" - Assistant dinstallation","Lassistant dinstallation va installer sur cet ordinateur.")
Send("!s")

#Contrat de licence
WinWait(" - Assistant dinstallation","Contrat de licence")
WinActivate(" - Assistant dinstallation","Contrat de licence")
Send("!s")

#Information client
WinWait(" - Assistant dinstallation","Information client")
WinActivate(" - Assistant dinstallation","Information client")
Send("!s")

#Type de configuration
WinWait(" - Assistant dinstallation","Type de configuration")
WinActivate(" - Assistant dinstallation","Type de configuration")
Send("!s")

#Prêt à installer le programme
WinWait(" - Assistant dinstallation","Prêt à installer le programme")
WinActivate(" - Assistant dinstallation","Prêt à installer le programme")
Send("!i")

#Paramètres
WinWait(" - Assistant dinstallation","Paramètres")
WinActivate(" - Assistant dinstallation","Paramètres")
Send("{ENTER}")

#Lassistant dinstallation a installé correctement .
WinWait(" - Assistant dinstallation","Lassistant dinstallation a installé correctement .")
WinActivate(" - Assistant dinstallation","Lassistant dinstallation a installé correctement .")
Send("!t")

#NoReboot OK
WinWait("Information de linstallation")
WinActivate("Information de linstallation")
Send("!n")

5) Disable NeroScout ...

regsvr32 /u "%CommonProgramFiles%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

I hope Ahead will release a web package with a correct silent installation, for example a full documented & worked conf.txt !

edit: yes the problem is the size of the package ... 130mb after repacked ...

Edited by sonic

yes I have replaced all the 1033 to 1036 and the setup run again in english ... but it's not a big problem ... they are the shortcuts the problem ...

For the moment the AutoIt is my best solution ...

Mhh ...

all you guys using custom made mst´s to transform the installation ... have you ever tried uninstalling Nero ?

Because you probably can´t ! :whistle:

At least not when using the new downloadable demo version.

I am staying with version 6 for the time being

Bye,

Alex

Disable NeroScout ...

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

To disable Nero Scout, this is the post command method ... this remove the icon from "My Computer" ...

edit: change the path of Common Files ...

Edited by sonic

Hi,

I'm looking for a UA install which automatic select the language version English or French.

I have the Nero 7 Engish version (102MB). I couldn't find a (French) Language addons files as for the precedent versions. Should I run Nero French version (108MB)???

or

I noticed that that Nero.msi and Redist\Conf.txt are language depend... They should be more...

Does anyone know what are the determining files language???

Regards

coucou

Disable NeroScout ...

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

To disable Nero Scout, this is the post command method ... this remove the icon from "My Computer" ...

edit: change the path of Common Files ...

Why don't you use

regsvr32 /u "%commonprogramfiles%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

?

Then it is language independent. (and less code)

BTW, I now use InstallRite to install Nero 7. My installer only installs Nero Burning Rom, CoverDesigner, CD-DVD Speed and DriveSpeed. It does not register NeroScout in the registry and does not create Autorun entries. And it is able to integrate tweaks, like "ShowSingleRecorderSpeed". Works just fine. Only problem is, that for every new Nero version, I will have to rebuild the installer. :wacko:

Edited by Dynaletik

what about disable it in msi .....

it can be done.... using the program for creating .mst which also contains the installshield that can edit the .msi directlly.

so for nero scout

install FLEXnet AdminStudio 7

then right click the nero.msi(the one form the unpacked Nero7.0.1.2) and choose edit with installshield.

go to organization>setup design.

now all reference to NeroMediaLibary97E5875A should be deleted.

also all references from NeroFileDialogABB91DC8 that contains next files: NeroFileDialog.dll, NMSearch.dll and MediaLibraryNSE.dll should be deleted.

in this step u can also delete components that are not wanted.

in the end hit save button.

and then we can create the admin install.

one thing left i cannot add my serial in the .msi.....

Edited by boooggy