RIS with HD Realtek audio driver.

My boss just bought a new model HP for deployment on out LAN. Our RIS image works on it with the exception of the Realtek HD audio driver. Has anyone else built a RIS image with this yet? I can set up the GUIRunOnce to run the executable for the Microsoft driver, but will it still install the Realtek driver? Secondly will my other model machines without the Realtek driver bomb out when imaging? Thanks in advance.

Have you considered extracting the driver to $oem$\$1\Drivers\Audio, then pointing your OemPnPDriversPath to include "drivers\audio" (like so: OemPnPDriversPath = drivers\audio)? Assuming you extract the driver here, and use OemPreinstall = YES, this should install the drivers during the GUI portion of setup without issue.

Yes, we tried that. It wants to install the Windows SP 2 Hi Def patch (Q888111) before the driver for the sound card is installed. After I posted the first time, I threw the patch installation into GUIRunOnce, and manually installed the driver after it rebooted, but I would like it to do all of this without having to reboot at all. The people pulling down the images are slightly incompetant and I want to make this as easy as possible. As a last resort I could pull the image down, install the patch and sound card driver and push it back up, but that is an awful lot of work for something that should be relatively easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jarod,

To answer your question, yes we have added this to our RIS image. The easiest way I found to do this was put the q888111.exe in your svcpack.inf file (in \i386) along with any other patches you may have qchain'd in there. Then put the Realtek drivers with the rest of your RIS drivers as per normal.

This method worked a treat for us and has not had any adverse effects on our other PC's that have built from this image.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SeNaToR

• 6 months later...

I was having the same problem that others in this thread had discussed. After much trial and error I finally headed over to www.driverpacks.net and found the solution. I downloaded the "Audio pack A" and the base files and followed the directions provided (I made sure to use method 2). Everything worked great! I am amazed!

Let me know if you have any ?s...