Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0

djsleepy

Have just purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 and have treid to do a silent install as I did with Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0, but this seems to be a completely different method, can someone please help solve this rather sticky situation..

Many Thanks In Advance..

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

Hey djsleepy...you might want to remove your key from the script :D I have Adobe PS4 also, and also am having trouble with it. Your script looks like it might do the trick--except I've never had the chance to work with Auto-it, and presently, don't know the first thing about it :rolleyes: ....@ keytotime--I didn't see an ABCPY.ini file anywhere for this particular Adobe program--could one be made?. You see "Installshield", but it doesn't seem to produce a setup.iss file with the -r (-R) switch. It makes a temp folder in c:\ called "Config.Msi" which contains a .rbs file, but I don't see how it could be used.

Edited by MageJubi

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone have a solution to this? I am sitting with the MSI's but the standard switches don't work...(i need to somehow include my key)...any thoughts?

**EDIT**: I found a solution that seems to work. I copied the same Abcpy.ini from my photoshop CS 2 installation and just changed the serial. Then did the normal MSI install with the desired switches. Seemed to have worked!

**NOTE** If the machine has system restore off when trying to install, a warning shows up about windows media player (if using /qb switch, haven't tried with /qn). I haven't found a way to stop the pop up. If you have system restore on, no problems...

Edited by JuMz

• 3 weeks later...

Autoit works fine, but I still wanted to figure out the switch route. This runs all the way through--even closing the reboot window...however, the "finish" window stays open. I tried various pskill, and nircmd lines to close it, but they won't run while it's still active. If we can close it, then this'll work fine. I've tried a ton of switch combos to no avail. The /qn and /qb switch "act" like they want to do something but go nowhere. The only combo that works at all is "/qr /norestart" . Putting /quiet, or /passive has negative results. I tried an "abcpy.ini"--it loaded the key ok, but no more. I also tried some of the "DisplayFinishDlg=NO", and "EnableFinishDlg.=NO, lines, but still can't close that pesky "Finish" window. Change your setup.ini as follows--add the /qr /norestart switch, and the two lines of customer info below...(run the program using the "Setup.exe" , not the .msi.--and no added switches). What do we need to kill that "Finish" window??. Is there a switch yet untried?, or is there a line that can be put in the .ini to do this?

(setup.ini)

[Launch]

Count=1

Lang0=0009

Default=0009

EnableLangDlg=NO

CommandLine0=msiexec /i "Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 (en_us).msi" /qr /norestart

Silent=quiet

[en_us]

Title=Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 - Setup

OSErrMsg=Your system does not support the minimum operating system requirement. Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 will only install on Windows XP or Media Center Edition 2005 Operating Systems.

[CustomerInformation]

Serial number: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Anyone solved this? I'm at the same point now. It installs (although not silently, unattended) but the last finishing window will not cooperate.

It uses the setup.ini, but I can't get it to work with abcpy.ini.

It would be nice to see a working abcpy.ini as well.

Brgds

T

EDIT: Creating a MST with Wise works just fine, then the Finish window disappears!

The new question is, how do I get the system restore message to disappear...

Edited by CorbenDallas

Here's an Abcpy.ini for Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0. Add your user info, and replace your setup.ini with this. Run "Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 msi /qn".

I am a little confused right here. Do you mean to rename the abcpy.ini that you provided to setup.ini and replace the original setup.ini? I tried that and the installation froze at "Time remaining: 0 seconds."

EDIT: OK... copying your abcpy.ini to the install directory and deleting the setup.ini file got it working for me. Many thanks for the file!

Edited by ODC

Well, I spoke too soon. It freezes regardless if the file is called abcpy.ini or setup.ini when in virutal pc.... what am I doing wrong here... :no:

It works fine from the command line... Are you guys installing this from CD/DVD or do you copy to HDD first in your UA?

Edited by ODC

I have another problem with this installation.

We have System Restore turned off in Windows XP and when running this install quiet Windows Media Player 10 complains about it. I have tried to turn on System restore in the registy before the installation with this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore]

"DisableSR"=dword:00000000

Doesn't work.

Anyone has any tips on this? I have been on this #¤%&¤% package for quite some time now.

I've attached the error mess.

post-15961-1136905921_thumb.png

Edited by CorbenDallas

• 2 weeks later...