• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve_2k

Adding 256 Color Tray icons

27 posts in this topic

I'd be surprised if that patch is really doing 32-bit tray icons anyhow; rather I suspect it's just doing what the hex edits do, i.e. 256-colour, given that it specifically talks about editing the explorer file and (afaik) there is no such available edit to obtain 32-bit icons that way.

But hey, feel free to prove me wrong.

Edited by Targaff

Ahh, that patch did the trick. Awesome. :thumbup

I'm guessing that by "32bit", they mean that it accepts any RGB from 0-255(not limitted to specific increments). Since systray icons are only 16x16 though, they're really 256 colour. Monitor settings determine if they appear 32bit.

Hey, something I was just noticing - my makecabbed ex_ files are larger than those in USP. What version or method does Gurgel use to get them smaller? Simply recabbing files boosts their size ~5-10%. I have v5.00.2134.1 of makecab.

Edit: Figured it out. :)

Edited by Kramy