Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Adding 256 Color Tray icons

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Targaff

Targaff

Junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
I'd be surprised if that patch is really doing 32-bit tray icons anyhow; rather I suspect it's just doing what the hex edits do, i.e. 256-colour, given that it specifically talks about editing the explorer file and (afaik) there is no such available edit to obtain 32-bit icons that way.

But hey, feel free to prove me wrong.

Edited by Targaff, 14 May 2006 - 09:01 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Kramy

Kramy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
Ahh, that patch did the trick. Awesome. :thumbup

I'm guessing that by "32bit", they mean that it accepts any RGB from 0-255(not limitted to specific increments). Since systray icons are only 16x16 though, they're really 256 colour. Monitor settings determine if they appear 32bit.

Hey, something I was just noticing - my makecabbed ex_ files are larger than those in USP. What version or method does Gurgel use to get them smaller? Simply recabbing files boosts their size ~5-10%. I have v5.00.2134.1 of makecab.

Edit: Figured it out. :)

Edited by Kramy, 16 May 2006 - 05:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN