Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Redundant DHCP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

khaldoon

khaldoon
  • 1 posts
Can anyone tell me the best solution for DHCP redundancy. I have one DHCP Server serving my corporate network, which is a single point of filure.
I want another DHCP Server which serves the purpose of redundancy and failover.

Khaldoon

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

chilifrei64

chilifrei64

How do you like your Chili?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
This should probably be under a different topic as it does not have anything to do with MS Office Applications

but to answer your question. run the second dhcp server with a seperate scope of addresses so that there is no conflict between the 2

tguy

tguy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts
It is in the wrong forum, but for what its worth if you are running MS DHCP services you could cluster the DHCP server using a virtual IP address as the IP addr. for the DHCP server. That would give you failover redundancy without having to manage two separate DHCP scopes and their options.

Martin L

Martin L

我叫马丁

• Patrons
  • 2,563 posts
moved to correct forum.

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,250 posts
If you're using Windows as your DHCP server:

http://www.microsoft...645ac58099.mspx
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN