Daemon-Tools - create device ?

PITU

Hello!

I would like to put daemon-tools on my Windows-XP-CD. I patched the MSI (I don't want any Shortcuts or Autostart-Entries for Daemon-Tools.)

The Installation is successfull and clicking an image "Mount" and "Unmount" appears in the context-menu.

BUT, to make this Entries work I have to create a virtual device in daemon-tools manually.

Is there any way to do it automatically? Because I don't think that the procedure of patching the MSI, adding Reg-Tweaks etc. makes sense if I have to do something manually...

I hope, anybody can help me ;)

Stephan

PS: Sorry for my bad English, I'm german, but I hope, it's understandable ;)

You can use DeamonScript to do that.

I use Deamon Script too and get that popup too... maybe i am doing something wrong?

edit: i have searched too, all are talking about a perfect solution: simply install Daemontools by using cmdlines.txt

but once again, i use WPI, so this is not my solution.

cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\Install\\Daemon\\DaemonTools.msi /qn Reboot=ReallySuppress']
cmd2[pn]=['%CDROM%\\Install\\Daemon\\Daemonscript.msi /qn Reboot=ReallySuppress']
cmd3[pn]=['%CDROM%\\Install\\Daemon\\DaemonDriveInstall.DaemonScript']
cmd4[pn]=['rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 %CDROM%\\Install\\Daemon\\DaemonTools.inf']

Edited by SolidasRock

Hey gyus!

SolidasRock

Can you attach a Daemonscript.msi DaemonDriveInstall.DaemonScript DaemonTools.inf and other that need for your example install

PITU

What does it mean and how you do it "I patched the MSI (I don't want any Shortcuts or Autostart-Entries for Daemon-Tools.)"

Help

Hey gyus!

SolidasRock

Can you attach a Daemonscript.msi DaemonDriveInstall.DaemonScript DaemonTools.inf and other that need for your example install

PITU

What does it mean and how you do it "I patched the MSI (I don't want any Shortcuts or Autostart-Entries for Daemon-Tools.)"

Help

erm... i am writing that it dont work for me? you can get these files of me, but dont ask me how to do.

i have found another way to installs it and it works for me. i use the AutoIt script which is written by Nologic and you need the orginal EXE.

PITU

I used a program called "WinInstall LE" and removed the autostart-entry.