Problems with network.

s7e

I have a computer that I stripped down the Windows XP on. The computer has no problem sharing the internet connection, etc. But it has a problem seeing any shared files or anythign over the network.

What component did I remove that caused this?

Thanks

Do you have file and printer sharing enabled on the internal network connection?

Yeah.

I am sure it is something I removed. I just can't seem to find which item I removed that did this. Any ideas?

Especially in you get a "No Network available" error, the three most common causes of this condition that I know of are:

1. Disable Windows Internet Connection Firewall in Control Panel.

2. Disable the firewall in your computer (if you're running one) to isolate this as a possible cause (you have to allow traffic to/from the LAN addresses in your network).

3. Go to Start => Run and type in services.msc and check that the Computer Browser service is set to Automatic and Started.

Luck!

check to make sure you can ping the other computer and check your ip from the command "ipconfig".

also check to make sure you're on the same workgroup as the other computer as this can cause problems as well.

Edited by Bi0haZarD