Extremly slow Startup need help PLS

bongo333

G'day peeps I've got XP with SP2 and all updates but my computer has started to run extremly slow and startup is about 3-4 mins can someone tell me how to get a quick startup happening I'm running a celeron 2.6ghz and about 768mb ddr 3200 and also how to configure SP2 to run as fast as it can I only use the computer for every day stuff nothing fancy but it is extremly annoying :realmad::realmad::realmad:

your specs wont help a great deal if your startup entires are very cluttered and there are a lot of them. click on run and type msconfig and then click on the startup tab and look through that list and untick anything that you feel is uneccessary, also run Ccleaner on your pc to clean it up

this should help it :)

Scan your computer with antivirus scanners. They always mess anything and everything they can get a hold of lol.

3-4 min is outrageous even if you have so many programs that load up when started. Looks more like an outside job

this is depend ..

first there is an MSCONFIG.exe tool

use it from start and then click on run . type Msconfig

a window will appear.. goto startup and uncheclk all unwanted program that start with windows .. like Ypager MSN ,,, in other mean remove alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll and keep the firewall and the antivirus ..

If you offer me the name of the antivirus and the firewall you have I may be able to tell you what is the name of the start uyp file they use or simply tell me the program that start up to tell you what to uncheck

this is step one

Step 2

There is alot of services that start when your computer startup .. some of them are totally unneeded ..for me I dont use wireless connection. but in windows XP this services is automaticlly started .. so disable it

this is a good gauid to tell you what is services can be disable

http://techrepublic.com.com/5138-10877-574...l.e099.dl110305

Viruses can also couse your computer to slow

Keep in mand there is a hotfix from MS I am sure that is you have upgrad your windows XP to SP2 .. there maybe a problem with the upgrad .. MS has release a hotfix for this .. some user has do this update and there PC run really slow

Hopfully these info can help