Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Remove standby from Start menu

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

D8TA

D8TA

• PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 18-February 05
I browsed this site to find information to remove the Log Off from the Start menu but I am now looking for a way to remove the Stand by. All I want my user to see when they goto Start|Shut down is Shut Down and restart. Any ideas? This is a non-domain environment so if you know of a reg hack that will do this like the Log Off that would be the best option. All machines are Windows XP Pro.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Vadikan

Vadikan

MSFT MVP Windows Expert: Consumers

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Joined 22-February 04
Interesting. I don't have Stand by on the Start Menu either in Classic or a custom theme (XP Pro). I do have it in the in the Shutdown dialog (Stand by, Shutdown, Restart), though.

Lots of similar questions on Google Groups. To summarize: not possible to remove stand by with ACPI HAL
What we know is not much. What we do not know is immense. Pierre-Simon Laplace
--
Unattended Installation in Russian

techniquefreak

techniquefreak

• PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Joined 17-June 05
try the shared computer toolkit - might be too big a mouthfull, though :}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users