3 different Keys included with OEM XP?

cumminbk

Alright i have a Dell OEM version of windows and i have a cd key hologram on my dell case and i have been using this key to install windows. However on my windows cd there is a sample winnt.sif and a unattend.txt files both of these files have cd keys included with them. are they just fake samples? can any one explain why they are there? or if they are valid keys?

The one in the winnt.sif is a Generic Product Key. It cannot be activated (the oembios files take care of activation) but it can be validated.

I think the key in the unattend.txt is a beta key (but have't tested this).

The Key on the case sticker can only be activated by phone (if you fail the oembios method) and can be validated.

Use the key in the winnt.sif file if you are using the Dell CD or a custom CD made from the Dell CD.

Both files contain FAKE keys. The one that is on your computer CASE is the real CD key. For the two files in question, they'll likely say "sample" near the top of the file, along with some Microsoft copyright information. If this exists, those are indeed SAMPLE files with keys that are fake.