The format and info for winnt.sif is indeed the same as for unattend.txt.
Oempreinstall is not really valid for what we are trying to do. It is used during unattended install to setup other vendor and install-specific programs and drivers during install. These are placed in a setup $oem$ folder. From the deployment tools help file,
I followed the steps again from the previous post, only this time I removed migrate.inf, but not winnt.sif
Syntax OemPreinstall = Yes | No
Setup copies the subfolders and files contained in the \platform\$oem$ folder.
Setup does not copy these files.
1. Run a setup by E:\I386\winnt32.exe /noreboot /makelocalsource
2. Format USB drive with PeToUSB (but did not copy any build files - format only)
3. Copy directories C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT and C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS to the USB drive (takes a while)
4. Copy the following from C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT to the USB root \
5. Rename SETUPLDR.BIN on the USB root to NTLDR
6. Delete migrate.inf from \$WIN_NT$.~BT on the USB drive
Things work fine. The problem now is, that during install, as the extra files created in step 1 by the /makelocalsource switch are copied to the hard drive, they are deleted from the USB stick.
I am sure there is a switch to prevent this, but for now I've got to run out to dinner. It looks like the solution will lie in the TXTSETUP.SIF file.
Edited by porear, 11 November 2006 - 08:11 PM.