Service Pack for Windows ME

the_guy

@erpdude8: Can you send me the revised .inf files to my email please?

@all: Is it just me or is there no "Quick Reply" option in this forum?

the_guy

I'll be sending it shorty today.

Yeah, Tell me, Does this have improved driver support?

what do you mean, SU182! the ME service pack usually contains bug fixes to ME. be more specific.

improved driver support for what hardware??? :huh:

Edited by erpdude8

Yes, you can activsate it through 'my controls'

No, I wouldn't switch from Win98SE to WinME and do without the DOS. DOS has saved my bacon too many times!

I can use it in other forums, just not this one. Maybe an option wasn't selected in the Admin CP.

the_guy

Yeah, Tell me, Does this have improved driver support?

what do you mean, SU182! the ME service pack usually contains bug fixes to ME. be more specific.

improved driver support for what hardware??? :huh:

Any hardware especially the Driver I'm trying to install.

Any hardware especially the Driver I'm trying to install.

sorry, SU182, not going to happen. if that were possible, there would be a bunch of 3rd party drivers that would add more bloat to the SP

Edited by erpdude8

I can use it in other forums, just not this one. Maybe an option wasn't selected in the Admin CP.

the_guy

same here, the_guy. I too do not have the Fast Reply option in the ME service pack thread.

well, I've figured out what device SU182 was trying to install under WinME when I looked at other threads he was on (it wasn't necessary for me to guess what kind of device he uses; better off if he'd mentioned it here too as I don't mind if he specifies the device in multiple threads). the device (made by Sony) was incompatible with WinME as they didn't make any Win98/ME drivers for it and attempted to install the XP driver of the device under WinME and failed.

• 1 month later...

I'm in a tight spot right now, hope the guy or someone can help. I currently have a awesome ME installed on 1 box but I was using the new Power Pack 5.0 and thought I'd make sure I had the latest so I installed the ME service pack and when I boot I get my wallpaper but explorer doesn't load giving me this (the Explorer.exe file is linked to missing export USER32.dll:GSM.) Is there anyway to repair this while booting or something? My ME install is really set up the way I want it and I would like to save it if (for me) possible . Thanks..

More details on how to go about either if you could? How or what could I do from a command prompt? I'm not in that deep..

Do you mean I shouldn't have done the ME sp install after I did the RP7? Cause RP7 is an awesome piece of work :thumbup

Edited by gtrz

In fact, i hope you still can launch everything except explorer.exe

You can

1) try to launch explorer.exe from \windows\revbckup

2) try to reinstall RP

in both cases, you still must be able to run programs via ctrl-alt-del->run program or with some other trick, like specifying winfile.exe instead of explorer.exe in system.ini [boot] shell=

Nevermind, I got 'er back doing a clunky ME reinstall

you should NEVER install any version of RP under WinME. most of the components from the Revo pack don't work under WinME and I keep getting SETUPAPI error messages when attempting to install ANY version of RP under WinME. It looks like RP hates ME's setupapi.dll file.

Tihiy should drop ME support for his Revolutions Pack. or at least prevent the installation of RP under WinME. I had been requesting this several months ago to abandon ME support.