Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Service Pack for Windows ME

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

prowler

prowler

• 39 posts

Once I get 98SESP3 to almost 99.99999999999999 flawless,
I'll consider lookng in to the WinME SP. :thumbup :w00t: :lol:

:w00t: :w00t: WOW! I need to buy another old computer for it :thumbup

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

prowler

prowler

• 39 posts
the_guy is back! :w00t:

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

The Resurrector for old Windows OS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
@ the_guy

Are you going to update WinME SP?

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD, 14 March 2012 - 09:59 AM.

Believe God is the Alpha and Omega.
Believe Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Repent for your sins now or there will be
BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

the_guy

the_guy

Creator of the Windows ME Service Pack

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
I'm looking into it; trouble is, it won't be for a little while. I hope to have it all working flawlessly before I release it.
Creator of the Windows ME Service Pack.

tsampikos

tsampikos

• 46 posts
Any News on this topic? :)

prowler

prowler

• 39 posts
I will be ready to test new version :yes:

Edited by prowler, 21 June 2012 - 03:11 PM.

tsampikos

tsampikos

• 46 posts
Awesome! Great news! :thumbup

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,528 posts
If someone can get me a list of all the updates thats not already included in the old version of WinME SP.x.
I can start the procedure.
Apparently when you PM certain people, they tend to ignore you. So I'll do it myself.
I'm not a WinME power user, but someone like loblo can really help me. Not tooo proud to ask for help.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD, 30 July 2012 - 03:26 PM.

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

LoneCrusader

LoneCrusader

Resistere pro causa resistentiam.

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 803 posts

Donator

If someone can get me a list of all the updates thats not already included in the old version of WinME SP.x.
I can start the procedure.
Apparently when you PM certain people, they tend to ignore you. So I'll do it myself.
I'm not a WinME power user, but someone like loblo can really help me. Not tooo proud to ask for help.

I've never used ME on a regular basis, only installed it a couple of times to play with it.

But, I did do something useful with it. I visited Windows Update with a fresh vanilla install of Windows ME, made a list of the updates, and downloaded them not long before Windows Update went down. I have also collected several HotFixes to be slipstreamed when I have time to work on Windows ME. (98SE and 95C come first here, sorry ME lovers. :angel )

@PROBLEMCHYLD
I don't know what is in the ME Service Pack or what isn't, but if you find an update that you need and can't locate, let me know and I'll see if I have it archived. Or, if you get a complete list of the updates, I will see if I have anything else that is not on it.

schwups

schwups

schwups

• PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
Maybe three years ago I had read the topic and so I'm not familiar with the ServicePack. I had to read the whole topic once more. Usually I don't install it.

What I immediately install is:

1. IE6 SP1 (I use OutlookExpress)  2. DirectX9c (directx8.1)  3. NetFramework 1.1 and 2.0   4. unicows.dll (1.1.3790.0)   5. Adaptec Aspi 4.71.2 ( version 4.6 included in the Pack)  6. VisualBasic 6.0 SP6 (vbrun60sp6.exe)   7. USB 2.0 ME driver   8.  MDAC 2.81 SP1   9.  VisualC++ red 2005 (SP) and 2008   10. 48bit LBA driver (included in the Pack)   11. KernelEX 4.5.2   12.  RevolutionsPack 9.7.2  13. SafeModePatch  14. in the future MSXML4 SP2   15. NTFS for Win98 if needed  16. Tihiy's Network activity indicator   17. MS ProcessExplorer, chipset driver, graphics driver, .....

The numbering isn't the chronology.

Edited by schwups, 31 July 2012 - 01:50 PM.

tsampikos

tsampikos

• 46 posts
Any news about an Updated Windows Me Service Pack? I came to conclusion that, WIndows Me is the most convenient Windows 9x edition, if you want to setup a virtual Win. 9x System.

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,528 posts

Any news about an Updated Windows Me Service Pack? I came to conclusion that, WIndows Me is the most convenient Windows 9x edition, if you want to setup a virtual Win. 9x System.

I'm looking into it; trouble is, it won't be for a little while. I hope to have it all working flawlessly before I release it.

This is about all you going to get which was over 5 months ago. :ph34r:

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD, 27 August 2012 - 12:29 PM.

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,528 posts
I haven't found anyone to get me that list that I asked for. Either people don't use the pack, too busy or just don't care. I don't have the time ATM to do it, thats why I asked for some help. I can start working on the pack as soon as I get a list. It is you guys who can motivate me to get the ball rollin. If you lack, then its makes no sense for any of us to waste our time.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD, 30 August 2012 - 10:27 AM.

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

tsampikos

tsampikos

• 46 posts
Anyone who has the list that Problemchyld asks for in sight?It would be very nice to have a full featured stable SP for Windows Millenium! Which might not have had a long life, but still has much to offer! ;)

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,528 posts
If one was to take up this task, the Unofficial Windows Millennium Edition Service Pack 3.0 could be build from the already stable Unofficial Windows 98 Second Edition Service Pack 3 by replacing Win98 Main Updates with the WinME Main Updates and by removing the unecessary options
Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 Core Files

Microsoft Agent Server 2.0

Universal Plug-n-Play

Windows Management Instrumentation

Windows Millennium Edition/Windows 2000 Theme

Zip folders
also adding dos mode back, patching files, logos, etc.... All other options are compatible, so that means most of the work is done. It would actually be a smaller pack too.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD, 21 November 2012 - 09:15 AM.

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

Hu$tle

Hu$tle

Junior

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Did you blow smoke up our @$$ or are you really going to update it? So far, no actions from you, and to be honest, I don't think there will ever be <_<

Edited by Hu$tle, 28 November 2012 - 04:05 PM.

Foxbat

Foxbat

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Did you blow smoke up our @$$ or are you really going to update it? So far, no actions from you, and to be honest, I don't think there will ever be <_<

Tone it down, Hu$tle. We need more words of encouragement rather than discouragement, please. Our community has already lost many developers. Let's not drive the few who remain away.

tsampikos

tsampikos

• 46 posts
@Problemchyld

This looks VERY nice! :)

By the way....Maybe using the following tool (universal extractor), could you unpack the Me SP file and see what is included in there, that you may need for the SP update?

http://www.legroom.n...ware/uniextract

This utility extracts everything!

echelonone

echelonone
  • 4 posts
Any new news on the service pack?

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,528 posts

Any new news on the service pack?

I was waiting on a response from the_guy, but he hasn't been on here in a few months. It is pretty easy now to update Windows Millennium Edition SP since most of the options from Windows 98 Second Edition SP are compatible with WinME. I was also waiting on Win98 to reach greater stability, so the bugs from one SP don't get transferred to the other. Here is what I can do, I can create a Windows Millennium Edition SP 3 beta version with all options available except Main Updates. This will take some finesse for Main Updates. While users are working with optional components, I could be working on other things. There is a lot of changes to be made to main updates, bmp, patches, testing etc.... This is just an hypothetical scenario :unsure:

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

prowler

prowler

• 39 posts

Here is what I can do, I can create a Windows Millennium Edition SP 3 beta version with all options available except Main Updates. This will take some finesse for Main Updates. While users are working with optional components, I could be working on other things. There is a lot of changes to be made to main updates, bmp, patches, testing etc.... This is just an hypothetical scenario :unsure:

Great news PROBLEMCHYLD :yes:

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,528 posts
Anyone have the lastest version of WinME SP? All SP has gone 404 error at MDGx site :o

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

echelonone

echelonone
  • 4 posts

Anyone have the lastest version of WinME SP? All SP has gone 404 error at MDGx site :o

Its what I have, and its probably the Windows ME SP1 v2.0.2 Beta 9:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=861DB0F33620B5E9!133&authkey=!AGjyA9y6uKgI3zk

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,528 posts
Well d@mn, that was fast. Thank you very much. I have a little free time. Let see what I can do. No promises, but........ :hello:

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

tsampikos

tsampikos

• 46 posts
I have also the Millenium SP2 Service Pack, the newer and buggy one. Shall I upload it? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN