• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
python134r

Longhorn screenie

41 posts in this topic

Don't feel like installing a super bug version, im waiting for the beta's :)

I normally would say the same thing, its got some but for a alpha build its pretty stable once you tweak it a bit, disable services much like is done with xp. It works pretty well except for my okidata printer(no-driver) and no aureal sound driver so I have no sound unless I use onboard sound. I ws bored, it gave me a project for a day. :)

Lets see your longhorn screenshots!

Very nice scrennshot, I like the background. Nice choice in processor too, I have 1800 and it runs like a charm, my girl has a p4 1.8Ghz and too me hers lags a bit. You could use a bit more ram imo, just to add a little kick to XP, if that's what you are running.

python, looks like you forgot to remove your Product ID! :)

Its a 1700 T-Bred with a light o/c 150fsb. As to the product id I left on the screenie, my mistake....ooops. :)

Now M$ is gonna find it and block it... :)

Now M$ is gonna find it and block it... :)

Maybe later they will but for now the Longhorn leak is intentional(prebeta).The taste will be out there till 2005 from what I,m reading.

join #winbeta-ads on irc and ull find out

www.winbeta.org

well this is the release 4015 i usually say that this number represents the nr. of bugs that the windows comes with xD they are increasing the bugs till they get a final, buggy version w00t w00t

well this is the release 4015 i usually say that this number represents the nr. of bugs that the windows comes with xD they are increasing the bugs till they get a final, buggy version  w00t  w00t

what OS do u use?

The only problem with Windows Longhorn, i read it in a very very serious PC magazine, is that it is using a lot of system resources. So if you want to run it in comfortable conditions, you need to have a very good computer : here are the recommended specifications :

Intel > 2,2 Ghz, AMD > 2200+

512 Mb or memory (recommended PC3200)

Graphic Card GeForce 4 Ti 4600 :) Yes that's true ! Windows Longhorn uses a 3D interface, very very beautiful but needs a lot of power just to run the desktop in good conditions !

Hard Disk Drive UDMA 133Mhz but Serial ATA highly recommended

And so on.

I know that Windows Longhorn will be in stores in 2005 and that there are gonna be powerful computers at that time, but for users who can't afford a new computer in a few years, it will be difficult for them to have Windows Longhorn on their PC. That's the only problem :rolleyes:

I normally would say the same thing, its got some but for a alpha build its pretty stable once you tweak it a bit, disable services much like is done with xp. It works pretty well except for my okidata printer(no-driver) and no aureal sound driver so I have no sound unless I use onboard sound. I ws bored, it gave me a project for a day. :)

Install drivers in compatibility mode!

NT 5 with SP3 (Win 2k) resuming, the one with 2195 bugs :rolleyes:  :D

E viva portugal :D:)

Here is my windows longhorn desktop as it is right now. lookin good i'll say

post-67-1056430333_thumb.jpg

Here is my windows longhorn desktop as it is right now. lookin good i'll say

:):rolleyes: wow where did u get that theme i want it can u please send me link wizz

That isnt his theme. Its just a preview screenshot of something that he ripped off somewhere.

Yes for DesktopX, And in the first screenshot, Where did you get the wallpaper?

This is my copy of Longhorn, activated, and with the timebomb removed...If you don't believe me, look to the top right of this screenie:

<removed by gamehead200>

:rolleyes:

It is buggy...For example, my processor speed is 2.54 GHz, and it only displays it as 2.39 GHz...Once it said 3.73 GHz! :D I installed it in Virtual PC! :D

Since Windows Information 2.4 was made for Windows XP and below, it shows it as Windows XP Pro... :)