Longhorn screenie

python134r

I normally would say the same thing, its got some but for a alpha build its pretty stable once you tweak it a bit, disable services much like is done with xp. It works pretty well except for my okidata printer(no-driver) and no aureal sound driver so I have no sound unless I use onboard sound. I ws bored, it gave me a project for a day. :)

Lets see your longhorn screenshots!

Very nice scrennshot, I like the background. Nice choice in processor too, I have 1800 and it runs like a charm, my girl has a p4 1.8Ghz and too me hers lags a bit. You could use a bit more ram imo, just to add a little kick to XP, if that's what you are running.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
well this is the release 4015 i usually say that this number represents the nr. of bugs that the windows comes with xD they are increasing the bugs till they get a final, buggy version  w00t  w00t

what OS do u use?

The only problem with Windows Longhorn, i read it in a very very serious PC magazine, is that it is using a lot of system resources. So if you want to run it in comfortable conditions, you need to have a very good computer : here are the recommended specifications :

Intel > 2,2 Ghz, AMD > 2200+

512 Mb or memory (recommended PC3200)

Graphic Card GeForce 4 Ti 4600 :) Yes that's true ! Windows Longhorn uses a 3D interface, very very beautiful but needs a lot of power just to run the desktop in good conditions !

Hard Disk Drive UDMA 133Mhz but Serial ATA highly recommended

And so on.

I know that Windows Longhorn will be in stores in 2005 and that there are gonna be powerful computers at that time, but for users who can't afford a new computer in a few years, it will be difficult for them to have Windows Longhorn on their PC. That's the only problem :rolleyes:

I normally would say the same thing, its got some but for a alpha build its pretty stable once you tweak it a bit, disable services much like is done with xp. It works pretty well except for my okidata printer(no-driver) and no aureal sound driver so I have no sound unless I use onboard sound. I ws bored, it gave me a project for a day. :)

Install drivers in compatibility mode!