Prob: Multiboot build of OEM Home/Pro boot error

Ghostrider

I have created from scratch a complete multiboot cd of XP Home and Pro OEM I used Integrator to add ryan addon 1.1 Media player 2 and hotfix pack2 then powerpacked into an iso but when i try to use it i get and error when booting the pro version.... home works great... This is the screen i get, Any ideas Siginet...?

post-13416-1133211334_thumb.jpg

Make sure the IDENT files are in the ROOT\XPPC (or current directory of your install files.)

I think there may be a bug in PowerPacker that causes this. I am not 100% it is caused by PowerPacker... but I have had the same problem a couple of times in the past. But if you copy the IDENT files there you will not have a problem. ;)

I will soon be working on coding the next version of WinXP PowerPacker... but my time has been limited latley. I will be having someone help me code the next version as well (Hopefully). This person is very good at what he does and I feel he will bring a lot to the Windows XP PowerPacker program. :) So stay tuned.

Make sure the IDENT files are in the ROOT\XPPC (or current directory of your install files.)

I think there may be a bug in PowerPacker that causes this. I am not 100% it is caused by PowerPacker... but I have had the same problem a couple of times in the past. But if you copy the IDENT files there you will not have a problem. ;)

I will soon be working on coding the next version of WinXP PowerPacker... but my time has been limited latley. I will be having someone help me code the next version as well (Hopefully). This person is very good at what he does and I feel he will bring a lot to the Windows XP PowerPacker program. :) So stay tuned.

I have the IDENT files in the roots of each pack as you mentioned above, that was the 1st thing i checked and they are there, i had to leave on a service call so i was not able to check the CD (besides, i forgot :blushing: )

EDIT: i checked the CD and the package folder and realised that the ident files were in the root/xppo folder but not the root of the cd, only the home ident files were there, i added them manually and the disk works now..

Looking forward to the new version (server too :whistle: )

P.S did you get to look at the XP Slipstream/powerpack auto create batch files i created and uploaded to another thread..?

Edited by Ghostrider

• 2 months later...
i checked the CD and the package folder and realised that the ident files were in the root/xppo folder but not the root of the cd, only the home ident files were there, i added them manually and the disk works now..

I confirm this bug. IDENT files are correctly copied to the ROOT/XP.. folder, but only the files from the first CD you build are copied to the root of the CD. If you start from scratch and build an xphome CD followed by an XP PRO CD, WIN51IC files will be in the root of the CD but not WIN51IP files and vice versa. Files from the 2nd build need to be copied to the root of the CD manuallly

i checked the CD and the package folder and realised that the ident files were in the root/xppo folder but not the root of the cd, only the home ident files were there, i added them manually and the disk works now..

I confirm this bug. IDENT files are correctly copied to the ROOT/XP.. folder, but only the files from the first CD you build are copied to the root of the CD. If you start from scratch and build an xphome CD followed by an XP PRO CD, WIN51IC files will be in the root of the CD but not WIN51IP files and vice versa. Files from the 2nd build need to be copied to the root of the CD manuallly

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :) I wasn't quite sure what to look for. I knew there was a bug... but wasn't sure where till I read your reply. :)

Consider this bug fixed in a later release... that I haven't had time to code yet. :( But I promise I will release a huge update when I do update it. ;)