98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Does 98 SE SP 3.0 BETA 1 support USB thumbdrives still?

I did a fresh install of Win98SE, then installed this Service Pack, then plugged in my USB Thumbdrive and I couldn't get it to find a driver.

I asked the driver installer to check C:\windows\system and c:\windows\inf with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. :blushing:

EDIT: I installed NUSB 3.3 and the drives were detected and drivers installed immediately. So why doesn't SP3b1 detect them?

Edited by galahs

OR better yet, try KB941029 which has 6.0.98.02 of msvbvm60.dll and MS KB article 941029 has keyword "kbhotfixserver" near the bottom of the article in the Keywords: section; one tell-tale sign that there may be a hotfix available for it. MS KB article 934602 doesn't have keyword "kbhotfixserver" on it.

AH SHOOT! KB941029 MSVBVM60.DLL 6.0.98.02 hotfix is no longer available. :angry:

However, v6.0.98.02 of the msvbvm60.dll file is included in Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows XP Service Pack 3 (woo-hoo!) :hello:

If anyone wants this newer version of the msvbvm60.dll file, ask me for it.

Are the below updates in SP3 B1? Windowsupdate showed me these are still needed after SP3B1. OK, the DX9 update shouldn't be in SP3, but the other two should, or if they there, why does windowsupdate telling this?

TIA

Security Update for DirectX 9 (KB904706)

Download size: 567 KB

Security Update for Windows 98 (KB891781)

Download size: 152 KB

Q329048: Security Update (Windows 98)

Download size: 267 KB

Security Update for DirectX 9 (KB904706)

Download size: 567 KB

Security Update for Windows 98 (KB891781)

Download size: 152 KB

Q329048: Security Update (Windows 98)

Download size: 267 KB

Hi, only 891781 is included in uSP 3.0 B1. Did you install IE before or after uSP ?

About Q329048, it will be probably included next beta.

Thanks for feedback.

I'm not sure if this is related to the unofficial service pack or if it's strictly a windows update problem. Every time I have WU check for needed updates, it claims that I need 823559 and Security Update, March 7, 2002. WU says the install is successful each time, but it always shows them as needed.

If it matters, Internet Explorer was installed after the unofficial service pack.

Rick

Hi, only 891781 is included in uSP 3.0 B1. Did you install IE before or after uSP ?

About Q329048, it will be probably included next beta.

Thanks for feedback.

Thanks for the quick reply. IE6 was installed before B1. Great program, BTW.

Any idea GAPE why your service pack didn't automatically find my USB drives but manually installing NSUB 3.3 after your patch did?

I thought you included NUSB 3.3 into your Service Pack?

I didn't include NUSB in any version.

Gape already asserted some time ago that he would only include official, unmodified updates in his Service Pack. No third parties, no elements belonging to other operating systems.

It's the man's choice and we can only respect it.

On the other hand, nobody stops one from installing soporific's Auto-Patcher for Windows 98SE which offers all colors of updates, NUSB included.

Gape already asserted some time ago that he would only include official, unmodified updates in his Service Pack. No third parties, no elements belonging to other operating systems.

It's the man's choice and we can only respect it.

On the other hand, nobody stops one from installing soporific's Auto-Patcher for Windows 98SE which offers all colors of updates, NUSB included.

3.0 has lots of unofficial updates. :) BTW, the fact is that I don't like to add ME files into uSP, and NUSB has lots of ME files.

I think I should reconsider this decision, some ME files are the only way to fix some problems in 98 SE.