98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice, very good!. I have 98 SE in spanish, and some things converts to english.

Will be nice if you add Spanish as another language, or in each file add spanish resources and another languages!

sorry for my poor english!

bye

...you mean version 4.10.2223 of sysdm.cpl file. it was never released because of an unforseen problem only Microsoft knows (dont ask what the type of problem was and dont ask why 2223 of sysdm.cpl file wasnt released).

the sysdm.cpl file in the .zip file is version 4.10.2222!

Indeed, and the version in the Service Pack is 2224.

That's why I wondered what had happened to 2223!

Thanks for the information.

I only have 20GB of space left on my C: drive where the swapfile is set to be located, so am not troubled by the negative value bug if it's still there.

I will stick with version 2222.

Thanks all! :thumbup

Ok Dave-H. I found your "missing" 4.10.2223 SYSDM.CPL file. Packaged in the Win98 Q216204 hotfix. Even though MS KB article 216204 does not mention the updated versions of the sysdm.cpl file for both Win98 FE (4.10.1999) and Win98 SE (4.10.2223), MS has a hotfix patch for it as I emailed and received it from MS.

Nice, very good!. I have 98 SE in spanish, and some things converts to english.

Will be nice if you add Spanish as another language, or in each file add spanish resources and another languages!

sorry for my poor english!

bye

sorry, el_coco. Gape is doing the 98se SP 3.0 only in English. Perhaps there might be someone else out there who can do a full translation of the 98se SP 3.0 beta and the 98se SP 2.1a version in Spanish.

Edited by erpdude8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ok Dave-H. I found your "missing" 4.10.2223 SYSDM.CPL file. Packaged in the Win98 Q216204 hotfix. Even though MS KB article 216204 does not mention the updated versions of the sysdm.cpl file for both Win98 FE (4.10.1999) and Win98 SE (4.10.2223), MS has a hotfix patch for it as I emailed and received it from MS.

Thanks erpdude8 and many apologies for not acknowledging this for so long!

I have looked at the KB article, and as you say, it acknowledges the problem, but doesn't offer any fix.

I've looked and cannot find the file for download anywhere.

If it were possible for you to post it somewhere where I could grab it I'd be very grateful, as it doesn't seem to be available from MS through any normal mechanism.

:)

EDIT: Forget that, found it on the MDGx page, where I should have looked in the first place of course!

:whistle:

LATER EDIT: Unfortunately tried it, and version 4.10.2223 still doesn't give me any processor information in the system properties tab, just like 4.10.2224. Just the memory is displayed.

This may be because I am using Xeon processors.

I'll stick with 4.10.2222, which at least gives a generic processor type display on my system.

:(

Edited by Dave-H

Is anybody working on this? I would love to see it finished.

I too, hope that this project will be finished. I have had nothing but bad luck with Auto-Patcher (it leaves my Windows 98 system unbootable during one of it's many reboots, forcing me to reinstall Win 98. After several attempts of modifying what Auto-Patcher installed with no improvement and reinstalling 98 multiple times, I went back to SP3.0 Beta.)

• 3 weeks later...

List of updates not included in uSP3.0 beta3

BHDD31.ZIP

CNTROL98.EXE

COPY2GB.EXE

CRYPT9X.EXE

DX90C.EXE

DX9CPL.EXE

DXM9X.EXE

flash_player_active_x.exe

GDI_PLUS.EXE

GRPHFLTS.EXE

HELPHLP.EXE

HHUPD.EXE

IE938464.EXE

IE958215.EXE

IOSYS98.EXE

jre-6u7-windows-i586-p.exe

MDDACU.EXE

MDIE6CU.EXE

MSXML4.MSI

NUSB.EXE

OE951066.EXE

PNGFIX.EXE

Q216204.EXE

Q271277.EXE

Q272991.EXE

Q304708.EXE

Q311561.exe

Q923618.EXE

Q932590.EXE

Q955839.EXE

RICHED9X.EXE

rootsupd.exe

rpclrtyp.zip

SCANFRAG.EXE

Scr579x.exe

shell32.zip

Shockwave_Installer_Full.exe

TTFPAK.EXE

USBFDD98.EXE

VBVM60.EXE

VS6SP6U.EXE

WIA10.EXE

WINFIL98.EXE

+ WMP updates

(as far as I'm concerned :whistle: )

You will find the links to these updates here.

Edited by Fredledingue

• 2 weeks later...

List of updates not included in uSP3.0 beta3

(as far as I'm concerned :whistle: )

Thank you for this list! It's just what I needed. I hope you come back to update it regularly. But what do you mean by "as far as I'm concerned"?

Even better than this list -- someone update the service pack! Please. :)

But what do you mean by "as far as I'm concerned"?

I mean that it's the updates I deem useful to add on a w98 system. Other users may have slightly different view of it. For example I don't list IE5 updates because I use IE6. I also didn't list WMP because I don't use it. Then some updates may not be needed or wanted on every PC etc. But that's realy a personal decision rather than a technical one.

I also underline the fact that it's a personal list and it has nothing official and that it hasn't any unofficial/semi-official aproval stamp on it.

But by and large, this list is relatively complete because I based it on MDGx's new updates thread and these are all updates released after uSP3 was released.

Many of these updates will never be included in uSP because of various reasons, dependant on the author's ethic. We don't expect an update of the uSP anytime soon because the author is not as active as before on this project. But the last time he surprised eveybody with his new release.

In the meantime you can also use the Unofficial Windows 98 SE Cumulative Update (MDCU) 3.05 installs 130+ Updates + USB Drivers

- direct download

You can apply this patch on top of the uSP or in lieu of uSP.

MDCU is more often updated than uSP, and contains more things than uSP. Still doesn't seem to contain all the stuffs found in my personal list.

It alse seems to contains things I'v not seen on MDGx list and it's quiet difficult to make a list of what is not in MDCU because Maximus Decim uses another terminology. etc

But his pack is one of the recommanded upgrade pack here.

Either you use updates one by one from MDGx list (from which my list derives) or MDCU, you will have most of the recent updates installed save 2 or 3 which is not realy terrible.

Edited by Fredledingue

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks erpdude8 and many apologies for not acknowledging this for so long!

I have looked at the KB article, and as you say, it acknowledges the problem, but doesn't offer any fix.

I've looked and cannot find the file for download anywhere.

If it were possible for you to post it somewhere where I could grab it I'd be very grateful, as it doesn't seem to be available from MS through any normal mechanism.

:)

EDIT: Forget that, found it on the MDGx page, where I should have looked in the first place of course!

:whistle:

LATER EDIT: Unfortunately tried it, and version 4.10.2223 still doesn't give me any processor information in the system properties tab, just like 4.10.2224. Just the memory is displayed.

This may be because I am using Xeon processors.

I'll stick with 4.10.2222, which at least gives a generic processor type display on my system.

:(

Same here. Updated Sysdm.cpl to version 4.10.2223 via MDGx's Q216204.exe and found that System Properties didn't give any CPU info at all. It just displayed the installed RAM, and my CPU is a Mobile Pentium III, one of the processors listed in Microsoft's KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216204

I finally reverted back to 4.10.2222 using System File Checker to restore the original Sysdm.cpl from my Win98SE cab files. It took a few tries before I realized that Q216204.exe placed a backup updated copy of Sysdm.cpl in \Windows\Options\Cabs. :rolleyes: At least the original version gave a generic CPU description as you stated.