98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

you could also include the modified VCACHE.VXD v4.10.0.2223 file dated 9/20/2012 from the Vcache fix attempt forum thread into the next release of your SP as QFECheck and ME explorer shell from 98SE2ME will correctly identify the version number as build 2223.

Thanks, I have already added the file in the last release.

I can only say that in the past I did try to replace Win2k's DBGHELP.DLL with the one from XP SP3. The system became unstable (Explorer was restarted randomly). Everything was fixed after restoring the original version.

Have you tried XPSP1 +XPSP2 versions? You can always try my method, starting from the highest versions, working your way backwards. I know it might be a little time consuming but it works.

Have you tried XPSP1 +XPSP2 versions? You can always try my method, starting from the highest versions, working your way backwards. I know it might be a little time consuming but it works.

No and I don't really plan to do it because at the moment test versions of UURollup-v11 use:

DBGENG.DLL 6.2.9200.16384
DBGHELP.DLL 6.2.9200.16384

I took them from BWC kernel and I'm not really sure where he had taken them from. The file versions themselves match the ones included in Windows 8 RTM but the dependencies are different, so either they come from somewhere else or BWC has modified them. Anyway, these files require the unofficial kernel to work so I didn't mention them earlier.

This is MDAC.INF from Windows 2003 Server SP2:

mdac.inf

Edit: BTW, you're very bad!<_< I was going to work on MDAC 2.82 much later in the future but you've just made me check and analyse the files right now :angry::P

Edited by tomasz86

This is MDAC.INF from Windows 2003 Server SP2:

mdac.inf

Edit: BTW, you're very bad!<_< I was going to work on MDAC 2.82 much later in the future but you've just made me check and analyse the files right now :angry::P

I'll give this a test run after I release 3.9 :w00t: Thanks :thumbup Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

I'll give this a test run after I release 3.9 :w00t: Thanks :thumbup

You're welcome :)

All of the DLL files are included in W2k3 SP2, and these files:

sqlsoldb.chm
oledbvbs.inc
oledbjvs.inc
MDACRdMe.htm
handsafe.reg
handler.reg

you need to copy from a Win2k3 CD as they haven't changed since its release (thus aren't included in any SP).

Edit: Also some updated files in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2698365.

Edited by tomasz86

Thanks for this.

It seems that adding MDAC 2.82 won't be that easy. It will require a lot of repacking and creating a new installer for it.

It seems that adding MDAC 2.82 won't be that easy. It will require a lot of repacking and creating a new installer for it.

MDAC 2.8 SP2 does NOT work on Win98. We will have to stick with MDAC 2.8 SP1. I did find some updates that did install and register properly.
DBGHELP.DLL 6.8.0004.0 Windows Debugging Tools
JSCRIPT.DLL 5.6.0.8850 Windows Server 2003 SP2
MSADCO.DLL 2.81.3014.0 Windows XP SP3
MSADO15.DLL 2.81.3014.0 Windows XP SP3
MSADO20.TLB 2.81.3014.0 Windows XP SP3
MSADO21.TLB 2.81.3014.0 Windows XP SP3
MSADO25.TLB 2.81.3014.0 Windows XP SP3
MSADO26.TLB 2.81.3014.0 Windows XP SP3
MSADO27.TLB 2.81.3014.0 Windows XP SP3
MSADO28.TLB 2.81.3014.0 Windows XP SP3
MSADOMD.DLL 2.81.3014.0 Windows XP SP3
MSADOR15.DLL 2.81.3014.0 Windows XP SP3
MSADOX.DLL 2.81.3014.0 Windows XP SP3
MSJRO.DLL 2.81.3014.0 Windows XP SP3
ODBC32.DLL 3.525.1145.0 Windows 2000 SP4
ODBCBCP.DLL 2000.85.3009.0 Windows XP SP3
SQLOLEDB.DLL 2000.85.3006.0 Windows XP SP3
SQLSRV32.DLL 2000.85.3009.0 Windows XP SP3
VBSCRIPT.DLL 5.6.0.8850 Windows Server 2003 SP2
HKLM,"System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders","NegotiatePackages",0x0,"NTLM"
HKLM,"System\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA","LMCompatibility",0x10001,03,00,00,00

I discovered that the graphics filters update installs an older version of MS-Paint.

Only difference is that color picker tool does not swich back to previous tool upon picking a color, and it is a big annoyance for a seasoned user.

I keep a vanilla MS-Paint exe in cases like this. Putting vanilla back does not seem to break anything and it gives the functionality of the tool back.

I discovered that the graphics filters update installs an older version of MS-Paint.

Only difference is that color picker tool does not swich back to previous tool upon picking a color, and it is a big annoyance for a seasoned user.

I keep a vanilla MS-Paint exe in cases like this. Putting vanilla back does not seem to break anything and it gives the functionality of the tool back.

Thank you for your feedback. I haven't been able to reproduce your issue using the older paint program. All features are working as they should.

How do I remove this pack? It's made my computer extremely laggy. If it matters, unfortunately my computer cannot boot from CDs.

What all did you install? What version did you use? What are your computer specs. What software did you have installed before SP3.x?

How do I remove this pack? It's made my computer extremely laggy. If it matters, unfortunately my computer cannot boot from CDs.

What all did you install? What version did you use? What are your computer specs. What software did you have installed before SP3.x?

I used 3.8.

I installed the base additions and some other things.

My computer specs are NOT sufficent, I just learned. I only have 40MB of Ram. But that's not an issue, I just want it to go back to how it was. My parents won't let me buy a floppy drive for it.