98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Yes, you are wise. And yes, you do have a temper. It's native for Leos, nothing you can do about it. Others have to understand that and learn how to deal with the fact, rather than stick a label to your forehead and walk away. But not everyone can do it so it's not gonna be peachy all the time. Thing is, time goes by either way. Shouldn't be wasted time. ;)

Yes, you are wise. And yes, you do have a temper. It's native for Leos, nothing you can do about it. Others have to understand that and learn how to deal with the fact, rather than stick a label to your forehead and walk away. But not everyone can do it so it's not gonna be peachy all the time. Thing is, time goes by either way. Shouldn't be wasted time. ;)

I have learned a lot from you. I will cherish it til the day I die. I'm hoping we will get a flawless SP. This is my goal, this is my ambition. With your help and others, I think we will make it, hopefully. Its crazy how someone can be so kind, but yet be still so vicious :ph34r: I don't mean to be. My demeanor can be a double edged sword. I have been chosen to learn the hard way :}

We live - we learn. I just wish (certain) people would understand and live by the saying "live and let live". That is, stop pulling 9x-related software and drivers from the Internet, let us live the way we choose. But that's just another story. ;)

Let us prepare ourselves for the holidays and we'll see what comes next. Now that the end of the world seems to have been delayed for a while... :P

We live - we learn. I just wish (certain) people would understand and live by the saying "live and let live". That is, stop pulling 9x-related software and drivers from the Internet, let us live the way we choose. But that's just another story. ;)

Its the same story, but told in a different way. We all still suffer :(

Why not just move USB out of main updates to optional installs ? To me it seems to be less problematic than having 2 versions (but then again I do not know how the SP is built up so maybe its too much hassle...?)

As for my case, ATI never made drivers for the Xpress200M+IXP/SB400 platform. At some point I will extract the chipset part of the drivers and look maybe there is something that works with 98, or at least got so far to remove the exclamation or question signs from device manager.

With video I was lucky, I only had to change a device ID in Catalyst 6.2, and the ATI Control Panel supported PowerPlay feature to save battery life too.

If you guys can recommend a VIA pcmcia card I'll buy one over the holidays. This will allow me to test Nec, Intel and the Via all at the same time when I get it. I think pushing the problem to the side and covering it up is not the ideal solution. I will take all suggestions into consideration.

Merry Christmas everyone and may you be blessed with many more.

Same to you Problemchyld! The updates are so cool and I now have them on five or six of my ancient pcs. This Service Pak project is SO much better than in those days when win98 was in its first versions.