98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

You guys may already be aware that Universal Plug n Play (UPNP) also installs WinXP Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). I will be splitting the option in two. The reason being, users who have routers don't need ICS. It only added about 5 seconds to installation time when all options are checked, not a big deal. Hopefully I will have an update by the weekend.

First of all, great work with the SP. It's made 98 alot more usable.

I've come across a pretty big issue with the USB stack though. I have a KVM and when I switch to the other PC and back, I loose both mice and have to reboot in order to get them back. The keyboard still works (also USB) so I don't know if it's something specific to mice or what.

Right now I'm using NUSB 3.6, which seems to work good but I'd like to get your stack working with my setup if possible.

Ravage' timestamp='1360916998' post='1030041']

First of all, great work with the SP. It's made 98 alot more usable.

I've come across a pretty big issue with the USB stack though. I have a KVM and when I switch to the other PC and back, I loose both mice and have to reboot in order to get them back. The keyboard still works (also USB) so I don't know if it's something specific to mice or what.

Right now I'm using NUSB 3.6, which seems to work good but I'd like to get your stack working with my setup if possible.

Make sure you have a PS/2 mouse or Keyboard. Install USBSTACK.EXE, REBOOT into SAFE MODE. Remove all USB related devices in Device Manager. REBOOT. Let every device redetect on start up. Thats it. Enjoy!

Can someone add Second Edition to the start banner. This is the original Win98 version. I just trying to get it original as possible. Many users will like this. I still would like my own customize start banner, but thats a different story.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

I have 2 computers, a Win8 pc and a 98SE pc. Both are hooked to a KVM. When I switch from the 98SE to the Win8 pc and then back - I loose my mouse and have to reboot in order to get it back. If I plug a mouse directly into the 98SE pc and I unplug it / plug it back in, it does the same thing. Basically, there's a hot plug issue.

Ravage' timestamp='1361032825' post='1030169']

I have 2 computers, a Win8 pc and a 98SE pc. Both are hooked to a KVM. When I switch from the 98SE to the Win8 pc and then back - I loose my mouse and have to reboot in order to get it back. If I plug a mouse directly into the 98SE pc and I unplug it / plug it back in, it does the same thing. Basically, there's a hot plug issue.

I just reproduce it. I will fix it asap. Thanks for testing.

Edit: typos

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Awesome, thanks. I knew I wasn't crazy :P

There's another issue not specifically related to your stack (it does it with everyone I've tried) but if you leave a flash drive installed and reboot, Windows will assign a 2nd drive letter to it as drive D (fixed disk icon). If you then eject the flash drive, drive D remains and you'll get a blue screen if anything tries to access it.

Ravage' timestamp='1361057228' post='1030193']

Awesome, thanks. I knew I wasn't crazy :P

There's another issue not specifically related to your stack (it does it with everyone I've tried) but if you leave a flash drive installed and reboot, Windows will assign a 2nd drive letter to it as drive D (fixed disk icon). If you then eject the flash drive, drive D remains and you'll get a blue screen if anything tries to access it.

The bug was located and then terminated :thumbup Thanks, its people like you that helps me improve the SP. New update later tonight or early tomorrow.

Thanks, glad to help :)

Some other bugs/ideas:

When installing TrueType Fonts, there's some file not found error messages (might be normal, see attached image)

Make esdi_506.pdr, vmm.vxd, and vcache.vxd optional for rloew patch users

Include the updated disk tools (http://www.mdgx.com/files/BHDD31.ZIP)

I also had some weird issues with xbox controllers (5sec pause every time I shot a gun in SoF if it was plugged in). It may have been sound card related (yay creative). I'll recheck it when your new version comes out.

post-7855-0-29640800-1361074571_thumb.jp

Edited by [FMC]Ravage

Ravage' timestamp='1361057228' post='1030193']

Your BIOS is recognizing the Flash Drive and reporting it like a Hard Drive so DOS assigns a Drive Letter. Windows remounts it over the existing Drive Letter.

Ejecting the Flash Drive leaves a partially deleted Drive structure.

I got that problem too when I leave in my USB memory card reader. Then I get 4x drives in the middle of existing, disrupting my drive layout. One day I'll look into my BIOS and add a hack to make mounting USB devices optional...

Edited by TmEE