98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Gape,

re: 285189 - apart from the following reg entries

; 285189

HKLM,SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteAccess,SecureVPN,1,00,00,00,00

HKLM,SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteAccess,UseLmPassword,1,01,00,00,00

HKLM,SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteAccess,ForceStrongEncryption,1,00,00,00,00

HKLM,SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteAccess,EncryptionLevel,1,40,00,00,00

HKLM,SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteAccess,Version,,"2.2"

what are the files you also include as part of installing DUN14?

Thanks in advance

Edited by soporific

• 2 weeks later...

So when I install 3.0 ALPHA 3, (or any pack for that matter)and those pop ups-- pop up asking me -- do I want to keep this file--am I supposed to click OK or NO? I've always had that problem, (the way its worded) confuses me! I've always clicked yes, but am checking here, just to see if I should be clicking no. It's Carnival over here so I am a tad foggy in the mind! In fact I have no idea at the moment if this post is going to end up in the right spot!

So when I install 3.0 ALPHA 3, (or any pack for that matter)and those pop ups-- pop up asking me -- do I want to keep this file--am I supposed to click OK or NO? I've always had that problem, (the way its worded) confuses me! I've always clicked yes, but am checking here, just to see if I should be clicking no. It's Carnival over here so I am a tad foggy in the mind! In fact I have no idea at the moment if this post is going to end up in the right spot!

Thanks for the feedback. You should select OK, in other words, you should keep the newer files. I will try to improve version handling in the next version to avoid these popups.

I just did a fresh install of win 98se. Then I installed IE6. I used the old W9x Power Patch to install the IE 6 SP1 update patch. I then installed sesp 30a3 -en.

The machine rebooted and oddly enough, there was not one pop up asking me anything!

I then used Norton Win Doc to check for problems; it found 61 problems and fixed them.

Everything seems to work quite well.

Now do I need to install the unofficial IE6 update?

Seems to be another great manifestation of your dedication to 98se Gape! Thanks! Thanks! and more Thanks--!!!!

:thumbup Great SESP3.0a3 ,helps fix past problems with previous issues in 98SE updates...<**One ...Question ?Is thee SESP2.01d-germanupdate- the same as 3.0a2...except in german?>tried it ,yet does not translate well ,as i could not tell any differences...thx,thydreamwalker :thumbup

Does anyone here who's got a german Win98 plan on creating a translated version of the new Service Pack?

I'd even make a localized version myself, if somebody would just tell me how to do that. Is it just a few files that have to be changed or do I have to really dig in and spend hours to change all of the stuff and translate the whole thing?

Thanks for the feedback. You should select OK, in other words, you should keep the newer files. I will try to improve version handling in the next version to avoid these popups.

to prevent the file version popups, put either ",,,1056" or ",,,32" after certain files listed in the SPUPDATE.INF file.

Example > "hh.exe" should be "hh.exe,,,1056" or "hh.exe,,,32"

New OLE Automation security updates:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms08-008.mspx

Please include OLEAUT32.DLL version 2.40.4520 dated 12/21/2007 in the next release of the 98se SP. Version 2.40.4522 dated 6/19/2003 in the SP does NOT resolve the latest security flaws mentioned in MS security bulletin MS08-008. And version 2.40.4532.0 of the OLEAUT32.DLL file from the Win2000 KB943055 security update does not work correctly under Win95/98/98se/ME/NT4.

Also be sure to update the ASYCFILT.DLL, OLEPRO32.DLL & STDOLE2.TLB files to version 2.40.4530 listed in MS article 917423. Get MDGx's unofficial OLE Automation patch to obtain these files.

The dsound.dll in your SP pack is older than the one from DirectX 9

Not a big deal, PROBLEMCHYLD. The dsound.dll file gets updated if DirectX 6.1 (bundled with Win98se) or DirectX 7 is installed. Including a DX9 release of dsound.dll in the SP may wreck a Win98se machine that does not have DX9 installed. So don't worry about it.

Edited by erpdude8