98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Oh, please forgive my Swiss (as in swiss-cheese) memory, Gape. :) Was just trying to help.

Thing is, my system has a lot of ME, 2000, XP, 2003 files - whatever makes it roll without hiccups. :)

Dunno if anyone (MS especially) would care anymore. As much as we strive, we 9x users are a dying breed anyway...

I think including a USB driver like NUSB 3.3 would make your Service Pack complete.

- Official and Unofficial Win98SE updates / fixes

- Native USB Storage Device Support

- Copy files larger than 2GB

- Use Hard Disks Bigger than 137GB

It would be the ultimate and only patch 90% of Win98 users would need.

I'm all for you including NUSB :thumbup

I disagree with the 'kitchensink' approach. While many people may end up installing both, I think NUSB is a different product, and it should be handled accordingly. Makes testing and maintenance simpler, methinks.

I don't want everything added, but I really do think USB support would go along way towards making 98SESP the ultimate update and provides a feature most people would add anyway. It also makes it a simple option for Win98SE noobs. One patch that basically does the lot.

I wouldn't recommend adding too many other updates. But this one I think is highly beneficial. Even make it option on installation of the Service Pack.

I would love to hear what other think.

MD makes a great patch, there is no need for Gape to duplicate his work. Installing the NUSB patch seperately is not hard at all for the user to do. I think Gape should stick to OS only updates. If you want a patch that includes everything, there is already the 9x autopatcher by sophorific

EDIT: I almost forgot, Gape has a strict no windows ME policy. There are a lot of files that are from windows ME in NUSB.

Edited by blackwire

MD makes a great patch, there is no need for Gape to duplicate his work. Installing the NUSB patch seperately is not hard at all for the user to do. I think Gape should stick to OS only updates. If you want a patch that includes everything, there is already the 9x autopatcher by sophorific

EDIT: I almost forgot, Gape has a strict no windows ME policy. There are a lot of files that are from windows ME in NUSB.

Good guy though he is, soporific puts a lot of unneeded "xtras" in and I have to waste a lot of time removing them.

Test results:

* Freshly installed Win98 SE: OK.

* Freshly installed Win98 SE and IE 6.0 SP1: OK.

* Freshly installed Win98 SE, IE 6.0 SP1 and UberSkin: OK.

I have Win98 SE, IE 6.0 SP1, and a mixture of RP7 and Renovatio. I hope it will be OK too. Ah, do I need to uninstall the previous pack, 98 SE SP 3.0 beta 1 before installing the new one?

Thanks for upgrading your pack, Gape.

Since I've installed some updates before this pack, there were some newer files recommended to be kept; they are dispex.dll, jscript.dll, scrobj.dll, scrrun.dll, vbscript.dll, wshext.dll, and wshom.ocx. Hopefully I typed them correctly! I don't know why this pack is not on the list of Add/Remove. And I also have to reinstall KernelEx033b so that the Calculator works proper again. That's all. No more serious problems to tell now.

Hi there Celtish

Many Thanks, for the link to your download location for 98se Beta 2.

I have, unfortunately, never had any success whatsoever trying to download anything from Rapidshare.

Gape's packages have always been excellent stuff and trouble free, at least for me, so I

cant wait to install hie Beta2 package. Thanks once again.

Tee Charoen