98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

I personally have no use for this pack so please feel free to ignore my opinion that it is not a good idea to 1) remove ASPI, and 2) include a stub for installing IE6 off Microsoft's servers.

Edited by loblo

I personally have no use for this pack so please feel free to ignore my opinion that it is not a good idea to 1) remove ASPI, and 2) include a stub for installing IE6 off Microsoft's servers.

First of all who added a stub?

Second Adaptec is a 3rd party app. I removed this long time ago. You can always download it here http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/speed/software_pc/aspi/aspi_v471_exe.htm

3rd, if you don't use the pack why even comment. You are more than welcome to download a few hundred updates and install them 1x1. While your system is outdated mines will be updated.

I mean, do you accept ideas from BOTH Win9x AND Me users or you just want to meet the other 3 (three) persons in the worlds that run normally Windows Me? ;):angel:whistle:

:lol:

jaclaz

What's that actually supposed to mean?

Typical flame bait trolling IMO. :rolleyes:

Way to go Jaclaz! :thumbup

Looks like you doing the same thing :w00t:

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Children, play nice, please. ;)

Let's not carve things in stone - Adaptec's ASPI is not an application, strictly speaking, but a driver and it is required on most systems that operate an optical CD/DVD unit. Sure, Ahead's Nero does install its own driver for this purpose, but that is a commercial application, while Adaptec released their driver freely, so I'd say let it in. After all, we don't need a 100% MS setup - we need a 100% functional system that can do the most possible, given the circumstances.

Personally I'd be more concerned about any possible issues such as dll version mismatching, BSOD, etc. reported by users through the topic (if any). I'd imagine Gape has gathered such information, in time and tweaked the pack accordingly; let's be careful and not throw all his work to the bin, shall we? ;)

Why are you removing ASPI. It is needed to directly access CD/DVD Drives.

No 3rd party applications as of this point.

It is part of the standard set of drivers provided by Microsoft. I'm sure I am not the only one who distributes applications that use it.

Why are you removing ASPI. It is needed to directly access CD/DVD Drives.

No 3rd party applications as of this point.

It is part of the standard set of drivers provided by Microsoft. I'm sure I am not the only one who distributes applications that use it.

I will add them back. I did not know they were drivers. Thanks Drugwash and rloew :thumbup

No worries. :)

Thanks

The last and final update will include from MDGx site.

ATL70A.DLL

ATL71A.DLL

MFC70.DLL

MFC70U.DLL

MFC71.DLL

MFC71U.DLL

MSVCI70.DLL

MSVCP70.DLL

MSVCP71.DLL

MSVCR70.DLL

MSVCR71.DLL

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to add the 4 usb packages, let me explain why.

NUSB.EXE - it works with some of my usb devices but not all.

USB20DRV.EXE - needed to run side by side with NUSB.EXE.

WIA11.EXE - I don't have a scanner so I can't test this.

X360C.EXE - it works when I have both NUSB.EXE + USB20DRV.EXE + HKR,,NTMPDriver,,"wdmstub.sys,USBSTOR.SYS has to be loaded in order for it to work. Thats just too much trouble.

But if someone can combine the 2 NUSB.EXE + USB20DRV.EXE we might have something.

Other than that, the only things that's not added are

Internet Explorer

DirectX 9

Microsoft Data Access Components

.NET Framework

Soon you guys will be able to enjoy a fully updated 98SE SP. Thanks to Gape for starting the foundation :thumbup:w00t:

NUSB.EXE - it works with some of my usb devices but not all.
Namely? List of VID & PID? It does work with my storage devices and camera. No bluetooth but that's more complicated than the NUSB driver. But and however, I suppose anyone would gladly have at least some of their devices working, rather than none.

Not sure about USB20DRV.EXE, I've had some trouble with it not so long ago. Hasn't it been merged with NUSB 3.5 or am I just dreaming?

on another note here is a patch for transparency of icon labels.

It is ONLY for shell32.dll version 4.72.3812.717

offsets and bytes are in hex

offset patch

11cbf 33 c9 49 89 4d 08 90

11d2b 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90

nice if someone can improve this patch.

Also I will be adding rloew patch if he don't mind

One last thing, I was wondering if anybody can look at the

I found a small not so major bug. I just did a clean install testing the final version and,

I was told by windows that the version WINASPI.DLL 4.6.0.1021 was older than the original.

Please click ignore if you get this prompt. Everything went smoothly afterwards. Final build will be release tomorrow.

Here are some patches that I'm going to add to my own personal service pack.

If you guys want these patches let me know. I would patch the file first, then add it to the service pack.

http://www.mdgx.com/files/PASSLOCK.ZIP this is for MS Outlook/Express

http://www.netcult.ch/elmue/ElmueSoft-en.htm scroll down to FileOpenPatcher

http://www.sonicspot.com/alternatecdfsvxd/alternatecdfsvxd.html

Hold on on the last one (CDFS.VXD). While possibly useful to some of us, there's a size display patch by Rudolph Loew for the same driver. I'd first wait for Mr. Loew's opinion on whether his patch would work correctly on both original and modified drivers and then the service pack should make sure that any patching will occur after the driver file has been replaced and not before. But heck, I don't even know if the Service Pack includes Mr. Loew's patch...