98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Hi,

I may have found a bug in "Intel® 82801EB (ICH5 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller -24DD" of my COMPAQ D530 after installed latest 98 SESP 3.0 FINAL.

The controller referred to USBEHCI.SYS 5.1.2600.1515(xpsp2.040410-0905). Fixing it I changed USBEHCI.SYS to v.5.00.2195.6882

You must use the Intel USB2 Enhanced Host Controller because they are newer than the ones from NUSB and the SP3.

I have a NEC USB2 Enhanced Host Controller and it uses the Orangewire drivers version OUSBEHCI.SYS 2.1.9.0.

So if your intel USB2 Enhanced Host Controller has it own USBEHCI.SYS then let it detect the intel version.

USBEHCI.SYS 5.1.2600.1515 works fine on my computer but my NEC card doesn't use this file, it uses the one from Orangewire.

Hi there, and thanks to everybody involved in SP3 for all their great work.

I installed SP3 yesterday on my win98se machine, which previously had SP2.1, along with Revolutions Pack and Kernelex all working happily. Everything seemed fine after installing SP3, and even better than before as the machine seems to be definitely faster and more responsive than before.

Everything seems to be working fine, but I have now found one exception - Microsoft Outlook XP crashes. I have tried a detect and repair, which didn't fix it, and an MSoffice reinstall, also didn't fix it. All the other MS Office XP programs seem to work fine, in fact all other programs work fine, it's just Outlook that doesn't seem to like SP3.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

Greenpalmer

I installed SP3 yesterday on my win98se machine, which previously had SP2.1, along with Revolutions Pack and Kernelex all working happily. Everything seemed fine after installing SP3, and even better than before as the machine seems to be definitely faster and more responsive than before.

Thank you :thumbup I wish it was this simple for everybody, but its not.

Everything seems to be working fine, but I have now found one exception - Microsoft Outlook XP crashes.

I don't have MS Office XP installed but if I can borrow a disk from a friend to test, I'll try my best to resolve your problem.

Maybe someone on the forum using office can test it for you until I get around to it.

Greenpalmer,

Could you specify details of your Ms Outlook problem because my XP Outlook works fine under 98SE, but I don't use it often

Edited by supem

Thanks for your efforts, PROBLEMCHYLD, great work! :)

Added MLANG.DLL 6.0.2800.1599

Hmmm ... that's a problem. Please see :

Also, the KB311561 update of 'IO.SYS' should be optional. Some of us have patched versions to fix some nasty bugs in the official MS version.

Joe.

Also, the KB311561 update of 'IO.SYS' should be optional. Some of us have patched versions to fix some nasty bugs in the official MS version.

Joe.

How about maybe you or someone like rloew provide the best fix and I'll add it to the SP.

I will also downgrade mlang.dll. I don't use IE @ all, only the core files. Thanks for your input.

Everything seems to be working fine, but I have now found one exception - Microsoft Outlook XP crashes. I have tried a detect and repair, which didn't fix it, and an MSoffice reinstall, also didn't fix it. All the other MS Office XP programs seem to work fine, in fact all other programs work fine, it's just Outlook that doesn't seem to like SP3.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

Greenpalmer

I think jds has found your outlook bug. Please replace mlang.dll with an older version until I remove it from the SP. Thanks jds :thumbup:lol:

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD