98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

I hadn't but I have now and regret to report that it's still crashing. IE version is IE 6 SP1 - not that we actually use it, but it's there. I think that when I get a bit of time I will completely wipe the system and start over with a clean install of 98se, SP3, KernelEx and Revolutions Pack. Does it matter which order I do them in?

I hadn't but I have now and regret to report that it's still crashing. IE version is IE 6 SP1 - not that we actually use it, but it's there. I think that when I get a bit of time I will completely wipe the system and start over with a clean install of 98se, SP3, KernelEx and Revolutions Pack. Does it matter which order I do them in?

Before you do a clean install, try reinstallin IE 6 first.

Install the SP3 first, then IE 6. I don't use KernelEx and Revolutions Pack, so thats up to you.

Make sure you use the version with the IE 6 files and not 5.

How about maybe you or someone like rloew provide the best fix and I'll add it to the SP.

I will also downgrade mlang.dll. I don't use IE @ all, only the core files. Thanks for your input.

OK, here's how to get the fully patched IO.SYS :

1. Start with the KB311561 (2001/12/1) version of IO.SYS.

2. Apply my version of Steven Saunderson's IO.SYS patches : http://www.geocities.ws/j_ds_au/general.html

3. Apply rloew's IO.SYS patch :

It's fairly straightforward, however, let me know if you need the actual patched file and I'll upload it somewhere.

Joe.

How about maybe you or someone like rloew provide the best fix and I'll add it to the SP.

I will also downgrade mlang.dll. I don't use IE @ all, only the core files. Thanks for your input.

OK, here's how to get the fully patched IO.SYS :

1. Start with the KB311561 (2001/12/1) version of IO.SYS.

2. Apply my version of Steven Saunderson's IO.SYS patches : http://www.geocities.ws/j_ds_au/general.html

3. Apply rloew's IO.SYS patch :

It's fairly straightforward, however, let me know if you need the actual patched file and I'll upload it somewhere.

Joe.

:thumbup

Most recent updates 12-05-11

Added rloew complete IO.SYS patch that supersedes all previous patches. It addresses offset in File

It addresses Partition offset bugs. My Patched KERNEL32.DLL addresses File offsets.

KERNEL32.DLL 4.10.2225 RRL

Added Patched CDFS.VXD rloew unique patch script

Added Patched IO.SYS rloew unique patch script

"Unique patch script" is not very descriptive and won't reflect the change to IO.SYS after the next update replaces the change notice at the beginning of the Post.

I suggest:

KERNEL32.DLL 4.10.2225 rloew 2GB Patch

Added Patched CDFS.VXD rloew 2GB Patch

Added Patched IO.SYS rloew full Partition Patch

I'm totally new to this site, so please bear with me.

I just formatted my old PC and reinstalled Windows 98se.

I just found out that Windows Update v4 is no longer supported by MS.

If I download Gape's/PROBLEMCHYLD's Unofficial 98 SE Service Pack 3

will it have all the updates I need or do I need to go to the Microsoft Download Center and download updates.

I already know that DirectX 9.0c and Internet Explorer 6 are not part of Gape's/PROBLEMCHYLD's pack. But besides DirectX 9.0c and IE6, do I need to download anything else from the Microsoft Website??

Edited by TY2

If I download Gape's/PROBLEMCHYLD's Unofficial 98 SE Service Pack 3

will it have all the updates I need or do I need to go to the Microsoft Download Center and download updates.

I already know that DirectX 9.0c and Internet Explorer 6 are not part of Gape's/PROBLEMCHYLD's pack. But besides DirectX 9.0c and IE6, do I need to download anything else from the Microsoft Website??

If all you want is to have your basic system up to date, then you're all set. Whether or not you need anything else from Microsoft is up to you, such as Windows Media Player 9 or .NET Framework.

This unofficial service pack for w98se already contains all official microsoft updates, so you don't need to download anything from them.

On top of that it contains unofficial updates which are newer than the official ones.

I'm not even sure that you still can download w98 related material from microsoft. If you can, it means they forgot to delete it from their server.

-------------------------

Edited by Fredledingue

These are the only updates that has not been added just to name a few. Some might be added and some may not. There are many more updates that has not been listed but the Service Pack include the most important for the (standard system)

Internet Explorer 6 (77.5 MB)

DirectX 9 (59.2 MB)

Microsoft Data Access Components (5.81 MB)

.NET Framework 1.1 (23.1 MB)

.NET Framework 1.1 SP1 (10.2 MB)

.NET Framework 1.1 SP1 UAC Hook Error Fix (2.06 MB)

.NET Framework 2.0 (22.4 MB)

WIA11.EXE (1.96 MB)

WMI9X.EXE (2.95 MB)

X360C.EXE (150.5 KB)

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD