98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

These are the only updates that has not been added just to name a few. Some might be added and some may not. There are many more updates that has not been listed but the Service Pack include the most important for the (standard system)

Internet Explorer 6 (77.5 MB)

DirectX 9 (59.2 MB)

Microsoft Data Access Components (5.81 MB)

.NET Framework 1.1 (23.1 MB)

.NET Framework 1.1 SP1 (10.2 MB)

.NET Framework 1.1 SP1 UAC Hook Error Fix (2.06 MB)

.NET Framework 2.0 (22.4 MB)

WIA11.EXE (1.96 MB)

WMI9X.EXE (2.95 MB)

X360C.EXE (150.5 KB)

That list is more detail than I expected. I greatly thank you. Now I know what I have to Download. Really thank you.

I hope to have this PC up and running to play old games through the weekend. Thanks.

That list is more detail than I expected. I greatly thank you. Now I know what I have to Download. Really thank you.

I hope to have this PC up and running to play old games through the weekend. Thanks.

Just make sure you download the right version http://www.htasoft.com/u98sesp/

I will be releasing an update soon.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Why is Norton Security flagging the file? It says its found a medium security risk.

? security risk?

Norton Security automatically deletes the file after download - This is what Norton Security states when I download the file.

This file risk is medium.

Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe.

Norton Security automatically deletes the file after download - This is what Norton Security states when I download the file.

This file risk is medium.

Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe.

False positive, of course!

These reputation-based detections will flag almost anything not hugely popular.

You'll probably get such detections from almost any unofficial update.

Don't know which one you downloaded OR what version of Norton you're using, but I just downloaded (using FlashGet, as the "direct download" was incomplete) the first package, "un-zipped" it and ran a scan (SAV v10) and it found nothing.

You'll have to create a separate folder, tell Norton to EXCLUDE the folder, turn Norton OFF, download the file to that folder, then re-enable Norton. Also Disable Norton when installing.

Definitely a false-positive from your version of Norton. WWW-search on that reveals a LOT of false-positives.

U98SESP3 12-12-2011

Added registry entry to core packs to make programs think Internet Explorer is installed

Added USP10.DLL 1.626.6002.22402 from Office 2007

Changed some command line switches for IE core packs

Added IO.SYS rloew full Partition Patch + Partition Offset Bug

Moved SCRIPT56.CHM from SPUPDATE.INF to SCR579X.INF, from SP3.CAB to SUPP.CAB. Installs with Windows Scripting Host 5.7

Please rephrase entry as:

Added IO.SYS rloew Full Patch for Partition Offset Bugs

I'll fix it.

What do you guys think about all modded and patched files having the time and date backdated to

July 11, 2006, 12:00:00 AM since this was the day support ended for Win98SE. All modded and patched files comes from here or MDGx site. We will all be using the same version just different time stamps. Then we all would know the exact origins of those files.

Just a thought :huh:

I'll fix it.

What do you guys think about all modded and patched files having the time and date backdated to

July 11, 2006, 12:00:00 AM since this was the day support ended for Win98SE. All modded and patched files comes from here or MDGx site. We will all be using the same version just different time stamps. Then we all would know the exact origins of those files.

Just a thought :huh:

Probably OK for the official versions, but doubtful for non-MS modified files. There are multiple versions of some files after that date such as my IO.SYS Patches.

The final release date for your Package would probably be a better choice.