98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

Hello Problemchyld!

What an excellent work! :yes: Respect!

I have a small question regarding added updates. Which is the reason for not adding NET Framework and DirectX 9.0 in the Service Pack? Both of them would be considered as major update components for Windows 98. Plain curiosity. No intention to make yoy change your update scedule. :)

NET Framework and DirectX 9.0 are pretty huge packages. I'm trying to keep the Service Pack as small as possible. Although it has grown in the last six months

from me updating, its still the smallest up-to-date SP out there for Win98SE.

NET Framework and DirectX 9.0 install unecessary files, the SP doesn't. The Service Pack only installs what you allow it.

That's why everything is optional except main updates.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

U98SESP3.EXE has been under attack!

****************************** :devil:

Someone downloaded the file 15758 times in three days effectively exhausting the bandwith available.

I'm taking care of this issue.

I seem to remember a bit of bother here in the middle of 2009 with people attacking this thread and its participants.

I do hope it's not them back again trying to disrupt things for us.

:angry:

It's absolutely incredible, it's the first time since I'm active on the internet that something like that happened to me.

I have informed the web hosting company. I'm hopeful the U98SESP3.EXE will be available soon again.

Note that the hacker didn't succeed in shuting the website down. www.htasoft.com is still accessible and always was. It's only U98SESP3.EXE which was made unavailable by my own decision.

Edited by Fredledingue

You may be interested to know that htasoft.com is being blocked by my Trend Micro Internet Security program.

I get a warning that "Trend Micro has confirmed that this website can transmit malicious software or has been involved in online scams or fraud."

I have asked them to review this.

Sorry for going off topic.

:)

Edited by Dave-H

I seem to remember a bit of bother here in the middle of 2009 with people attacking this thread and its participants.

I do hope it's not them back again trying to disrupt things for us.

:angry:

Maybe the attack is from MS fanboys trying to extend the "abandon IE6 already" campaign to Win98? You know, the kind of people who would say, "Stop keeping that obsolete OS alive, and pay MS for a new one!!!"

;)

--JorgeA

Maybe the attack is from MS fanboys trying to extend the "abandon IE6 already" campaign to Win98? You know, the kind of people who would say, "Stop keeping that obsolete OS alive, and pay MS for a new one!!!"

;)

--JorgeA

These days you never know. I'm gone keep updating because this is something I desire to do. 98 for life.

Dave-H, Thanks for asking them to review my site safety ranking!

But if it can tell such a thing about my website, it means their detection process is not very intelligent.

Or it should warn about any website from where you can download an executable.

Dave-H, Thanks for asking them to review my site safety ranking!

But if it can tell such a thing about my website, it means their detection process is not very intelligent.

Or it should warn about any website from where you can download an executable.

Well I don't know what criteria they use for blacklisting sites, but it certainly doesn't seem to apply to all sites that have executable files for download.

I can only assume that someone reported the site to them, but why I cannot imagine.

:)

"Trend Micro has confirmed ... " of course means the exact opposite. It is the default announcement for every site that they have not inspected and about which classification no one has objected.

My employer uses Trend Micro to safeguard his employees from looking at things they should not. I have submitted a large number of perfectly innocuous sites for reclassification from "Disease Vector" to something correct.