98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

I'm going to add two new additions to the Service Pack.

Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) + Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP)

Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

They will be combined into one option or maybe not. What's you guys take on it.

Now, I'm not able to test these packages.

I will create a package anyway. I will only release it to members who have actual devices to test it because I don't.

If they cause any problems I will remove them immediately.

WPDMTP.INF doesn't have any device names listed. So if you have a device that uses (MTP) + (PTP) please post it.

Here is a list of files from (MTP) + (PTP)

MTP9X-2K.INF

MTPISTB.DLL 1.3.0.0

MTPIUSB.DLL 1.6.0.0

MTPSMGR.EXE 1.10.0.0

MTPSP.DLL 1.10.0.0

WMDMCMD.EXE 2.0.0.6

WMDMCMD.TXT

WPDMTP.INF

WPDUSB.SYS 5.2.3810.3924 (Works with WDMSTUB.SYS)

WPDUSB9X.SYS 1.2.0.0

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

On 3/20/2012 at 3:54 AM, PROBLEMCHYLD said:

I'm going to add two new additions to the Service Pack.

Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) + Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP)

Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)

They will be combined into one option or maybe not. What's you guys take on it.

Now, I'm not able to test these packages.

I will create a package anyway. I will only release it to members who have actual devices to test it because I don't.

If they cause any problems I will remove them immediately.

WPDMTP.INF doesn't have any device names listed. So if you have a device that uses (MTP) + (PTP) please post it.

Here is a list of files from (MTP) + (PTP)

MTP9X-2K.INF

MTPISTB.DLL 1.3.0.0

MTPIUSB.DLL 1.6.0.0

MTPSMGR.EXE 1.10.0.0

MTPSP.DLL 1.10.0.0

WMDMCMD.EXE 2.0.0.6

WMDMCMD.TXT

WPDMTP.INF

WPDUSB.SYS 5.2.3810.3924 (Works with WDMSTUB.SYS)

WPDUSB9X.SYS 1.2.0.0

Great idea. I experimented with this stuff a while ago, see :

EDIT : Updated above URL = https://msfn.org/board/topic/105936-last-versions-of-software-for-windows-98se/page/40/#comment-967232

Now, a few things to note ...

I wasn't able to figure out how to use 'MTPSMGR.EXE' or indeed, what it does. Any clues on this one?

Also, there exists a version 2.0.0.7 of 'WMDMCMD.EXE', in a huge package called 'p4sdevicekit.exe'. I've no idea what's changed.

Here's the list of application-level stuff that I found useful for MTP/PTP :

WMDMDEVS.exe

WMDMCMD.exe

MtpLib.dll

MtpMon.exe

readme_wmdmcmd.txt

Finally, I notice that 'wdmcheck' has nothing to report about 'WPDUSB.SYS' version 5.2.3810.3924, so do you know if 'wdmstub' really makes any difference with it (I only ever tried 'WPDUSB9X.SYS')?

Joe.

PS. Attached are INF files I prepared for a Fujifilm digital camera and and iPod Touch. The camera worked, but the iTouch mostly didn't (thanks a lot, Apple!).

FujiFilm.inf

iTouch.inf

Edited by jds
Needed to update msfn URL due to changed format

Great idea. I experimented with this stuff a while ago, see :

Looks like you'll be the first candidate :thumbup

I wasn't able to figure out how to use 'MTPSMGR.EXE' or indeed, what it does. Any clues on this one?

I don't think I'm going to add any tools, just system drivers.

PS. Attached are INF files I prepared for a Fujifilm digital camera and and iPod Touch. The camera worked, but the iTouch mostly didn't (thanks a lot, Apple!).

I think we should have one inf file for all the drivers, named something like (MTPPTP.INF) combining the two you posted above. After using it as a starting point, we can just add new devices. Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Finally, I notice that 'wdmcheck' has nothing to report about 'WPDUSB.SYS' version 5.2.3810.3924, so do you know if 'wdmstub' really makes any difference with it (I only ever tried 'WPDUSB9X.SYS')?

Joe.

Can you combine Fujifilm + iPod Touch inf files together. After that use WPDUSB.SYS' version 5.2.3810.3924 instead of the Win98 version and see if iPod Touch works with the Win2000 file.

Hello, look at the SP I noticed that the file jpegim32.flt is present in both Sp3.cab that Supp.cab,

I also found new versions of the following files:

ohci1394.sys from 4.90.3003.1 to 4.90.3004.1 (q284837) --> http://www.mdgx.com/files/ME284837.EXE

shdoclc.dll from 6.00.2800.1106 to 6.00.2800.1443 (q834158) --> http://www.mdgx.com/files/Q834158.EXE

and the QFE version of 2482017 (urlmon.dll from 6.00.2800.1662 to 6.00.2800.1663, wininet.dll from 6.00.2800.1662 to 6.00.2800.1663).

Think they'd be an interesting place in the SP also HOSTS file? (ex: MVPS HOSTS)

Thanks and see you soon.

Mcv'93