98 SE SP 3.32

Gape

I wasn't able to figure out how to use 'MTPSMGR.EXE' or indeed, what it does. Any clues on this one?

I don't think I'm going to add any tools, just system drivers.

OK, but are there any suitable applications so those tools won't be required? If not, then the drivers themselves won't be useful for the normal user.

PS. Attached are INF files I prepared for a Fujifilm digital camera and and iPod Touch. The camera worked, but the iTouch mostly didn't (thanks a lot, Apple!).

I think we should have one inf file for all the drivers, named something like (MTPPTP.INF) combining the two you posted above. After using it as a starting point, we can just add new devices.

Good idea. Attached. :)

Joe.

PTP_MTP.INF

Edited by jds

:thumbup Updated :w00t:

I also found new versions of the following files:

ohci1394.sys from 4.90.3003.1 to 4.90.3004.1 (q284837) --> http://www.mdgx.com/files/ME284837.EXE

shdoclc.dll from 6.00.2800.1106 to 6.00.2800.1443 (q834158) --> http://www.mdgx.com/files/Q834158.EXE

and the QFE version of 2482017 (urlmon.dll from 6.00.2800.1662 to 6.00.2800.1663, wininet.dll from 6.00.2800.1662 to 6.00.2800.1663)

Mcv'93

Please DO NOT add a hosts file! That IMHO is too much like trying to act like big brother and tell us whats good for us...

Agreed. Individuals can add their own host file if they want. It should not be added to any pack for any version of any OS.

Cheers and Regards

Not to worry. I won't be adding a host file. If mcv93us wants it, when we have a final build I can try to customize the pack.

OK, but are there any suitable applications so those tools won't be required? If not, then the drivers themselves won't be useful for the normal user.Joe.

Here's a list of files and tools I will add
MTPISTB.DLL 1.3.0.0
MTPIUSB.DLL 1.6.0.0
MTPLIB.DLL 6.0.5063.0
MTPMON.EXE 1.0.0.3
MTPSMGR.EXE 1.10.0.0
MTPSP.DLL 1.10.0.0
WMDMCMD.EXE 2.0.0.7
WMDMCMD.TXT
WMDMDEVS.EXE 5.2.0.1
WPDMTP.INF
WPDUSB.SYS 5.2.3810.3924

Joe.

Thanks, I have renamed your PTP_MTP.INF to MTPPTP.INF.

Yes, why did I talk about WMI, if we WIA was to subject? :dazed:

Anyway, what's the difference between WIA and TWAIN?

WIA is controlled by MS.

Here's a list of files and tools I will add

MTPISTB.DLL 1.3.0.0
MTPIUSB.DLL 1.6.0.0
MTPLIB.DLL 6.0.5063.0
MTPMON.EXE 1.0.0.3
MTPSMGR.EXE 1.10.0.0
MTPSP.DLL 1.10.0.0
WMDMCMD.EXE 2.0.0.7
WMDMCMD.TXT
WMDMDEVS.EXE 5.2.0.1
WPDMTP.INF
WPDUSB.SYS 5.2.3810.3924

Joe.

Thanks, I have renamed your PTP_MTP.INF to MTPPTP.INF.

I'd still like to know what 'mtpsmgr.exe' does and how to use it ...

Anyway, I retested 'wpdusb.sys' (5.2.3810.3924) with the iPod Touch and, with or without 'wdmstub', it didn't work, so please supply the 9X version, not this one.

BTW, I mentioned earlier that the iTouch was mostly non-functional. I'm sure Apple have modified PTP/MTP to require iTunes. Anyway, the main use for this driver with the iTouch is to enable it to be charged, as otherwise it will just sit there connected to a W98SE machine and just ignore the 5V it's receiving. If anybody can get more useful functionality, let us know.

Joe.

MTP = Media Transfer Protocol

Media Players with DRM (like Windows Media Players). May also be for eBooks, etc.

Wife has a SansaClip MP3 player. I "flipped" it to MSC-Mode (Mass Storage Class) and it "appears" as a Mass Storage Device (can copy MP3's to/from it AND it plays them).

(don't think I'm too off base...)

edit - does this help?

Wiki (look at "file storage and transfer"). Seems the iTouch is "restricted" unless you "fiddle" with it.

More (and some supposed software)

...and more (with further info on acronyms).

HTH, and good luck...

Edited by submix8c

Hello, look at the SP I noticed that the file jpegim32.flt is present in both Sp3.cab that Supp.cab,

I also found new versions of the following files:

ohci1394.sys from 4.90.3003.1 to 4.90.3004.1 (q284837) --> http://www.mdgx.com/files/ME284837.EXE

shdoclc.dll from 6.00.2800.1106 to 6.00.2800.1443 (q834158) --> http://www.mdgx.com/files/Q834158.EXE

and the QFE version of 2482017 (urlmon.dll from 6.00.2800.1662 to 6.00.2800.1663, wininet.dll from 6.00.2800.1662 to 6.00.2800.1663).

Think they'd be an interesting place in the SP also HOSTS file? (ex: MVPS HOSTS)

Thanks and see you soon.

Mcv'93

Because PROBLEMCHYLD makes all his components optional, I don't see any harm in adding another option for a host file.

In my opinion there is no point in adding a host file as it will become outdated and irrelevant in a very short time. This is a job for your virus checker or similar if you feel the need for one as the virus check is regularly updated.

And different people will have different hosts files they will prefer to use. It can also be changed easily once the system is installed, so putting it in the SP doesn't make sense to me.

Cheers and Regards

Because PROBLEMCHYLD makes all his components optional, I don't see any harm in adding another option for a host file.

In my opinion there is no point in adding a host file as it will become outdated and irrelevant in a very short time. This is a job for your virus checker or similar if you feel the need for one as the virus check is regularly updated.

And different people will have different hosts files they will prefer to use. It can also be changed easily once the system is installed, so putting it in the SP doesn't make sense to me.

Cheers and Regards

I will not add a host file.

@PROBLEMCHYLD

I'm making an installer Administrative Office 2000 and found deficiencies relating to these items:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324628/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324520

Apparently you need MDAC 2.8 which I think took away from SP3. If convenient might add ...

I don't use MS Office products on Win98, I use them on WinXP.

I can still add the core files from MDAC 2.8 SP1 + Unofficial updates.

@PROBLEMCHYLD

I was wrong. Updated my copy incorrectly, or that failed MDAC.

Firms Verify deigitales, order updates and the problems disappeared. regards

If anyone actually needs MDAC 2.8 SP1, I can add it later. I already have most of the files in place.