Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

98 SE SP 3.32

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
2360 replies to this topic

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

The Resurrector for old Windows OS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Problemchyld, I didn't mean to criticize the SP by making this list

I didn't take any offense. You are right though.
I will add the rest of VC++ 2005 SP1. Thanks

Visual C++ 2005 SP1 from WinXP SP3

ATL80.DLL 8.0.50727.4053
MFC80.DLL 8.0.50727.6195
MFC80ENU.DLL 8.0.50727.6195
MFC80U.DLL 8.0.50727.6195
MFCM80.DLL 8.0.50727.6195
MFCM80U.DLL 8.0.50727.6195
MSDIA80.DLL 8.0.50727.6195
MSVCM80.DLL 8.0.50727.6195
MSVCP80.DLL 8.0.50727.6195
MSVCR80.DLL 8.0.50727.6195
VCOMP.DLL 8.0.50727.6195

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD, 20 January 2012 - 11:57 AM.

Believe God is the Alpha and Omega.
Believe Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Repent for your sins now or there will be
BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

JorgeA

JorgeA

FORMAT B: /V /S

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,292 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

[Try this link. Scroll to the bottom until you find the first edition
http://www.mdgx.com/web.htm#SPX

PROBLEMCHYLD,

Thank you very much.

Would you happen to know if the unofficial Windows 98 SP2 contains everything that SP1 contains? In other words, for a fresh Win98FE install, should one install SP1 and then SP2, or can one move straight to SP2? I know it says that SP2 contains all hotfixes, updates, etc., but it's not entirely clear if that means (1) all updates ever released, or (2) all the updates released after SP1.

--JorgeA

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,533 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05
http://www.mdgx.com/spx/98FESP2.EXE full version
http://www.mdgx.com/spx/98FESP2L.EXE lite version

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,533 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05
:thumbup Updated :w00t:

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

JorgeA

JorgeA

FORMAT B: /V /S

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 3,292 posts
  • Joined 08-April 10

http://www.mdgx.com/spx/98FESP2.EXE full version
http://www.mdgx.com/spx/98FESP2L.EXE lite version

Thanks very much, PROBLEMCHYLD. I have a fresh Windows 98 installation on a P75 :o where this is sure to come in handy.

--JorgeA

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,533 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Thanks very much, PROBLEMCHYLD. I have a fresh Windows 98 installation on a P75 :o where this is sure to come in handy.

--JorgeA

:thumbup You are welcome.

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,533 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05
:hello: guys, I added the registry keys for the updated files in the SP. You can view all installed updates in Windows Update Information Tool. This only applies to main updates only.
IE files or optional components canNOT be viewed through Windows Update Information Tool because I didn't add registry keys.
I might add them later. I also removed the 3 updates by WMI/WBEM until I figure out how to get the whole package included in the SP. I will release a new update at the end of the week or sometime next week. I also would like you guys take on adding MDAC 2.8 SP1. Believe it or not we are a few packages away from a final build. Your support is needed. Thanks

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

gerislamico

gerislamico

The Trident: Chori ,Treze and CaveGol

• Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 09-November 10

Edited by me Spanish Windows 98SE Service Pack 2.1a Stable :angel

Link to verify MDGx :thumbup
Windows 98 SE Paquete de Servicio 2.1a Estable Español

Editing Windows 98SE Servie Pack 3.0 Beta 4 to Spanish :whistle:

Explicación en Español

English Explanation

MDGx after 1 year could check that my contribution to add in: http://www.mdgx.com/web.htm#98SE

PROBLEMCHYLD I can unpack the internal files http://www.htasoft.com/u98sesp/ translate to Spanish and post here the translation in Spanish packaging with modifications to adapt the warrant fails to translate files and are incompatible with Windows 98SE Spanish (Example KERNEL32.DLL 4.10.2225)?

NET Framework can be integrated Flash 9, Shockwave, Java Runtimes 1.5.0 Optional U22

In hard times we have to support much more Come on! River Plate

My Proyects
U98SESP3 in Spanish bassed PROBLEMCHYLD version
WinStyle 98 Mod Win7 for WIn98SE Spanish

mrsk565

mrsk565

Power User

• Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 01-January 12
I hate to change the subject but I'm really getting fed up with the 98se networking and internet features. I'm wanting to replace it with win2k or even ME'S network and internet. But I forgot if that can be done, can someone help me on this. And maybe it could be in the SP or it can be an individual pack.
| Windows Isn't Performance Without Open-Source |

Posted Image

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,403 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

I hate to change the subject but I'm really getting fed up with the 98se networking and internet features.

??? Have you tried starting another topic and telling what your problem is? I have no problems with them...

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

mrsk565

mrsk565

Power User

• Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 01-January 12

??? Have you tried starting another topic and telling what your problem is? I have no problems with them...

Yes I did, but with that topic I talked about something alittle different. Its called Wifi connection issues in the main page of the 9x forum. But there I talk about
how my adaptor likes to crash and also how Opera crashes sometimes for no reason. I suspect the most problem here is with memory leak control, these programs are
not being set to any memory limit. Which is why I also propose a program created alike kernelex which has a tab that can give you the control to limit how much memory a program can use. I believe they have this for DOS programs. Anyway I was able to find better drivers and a better realtek progam for my adaptor. So thats pretty much fixed, and I will try some different versions of opera, but without memory limits there is no telling if it will run and not crash atleast twice a day.

Anyway, lets go back to the project at hand above which is spanish support and if anyone likes the idea of a memory limit program so we can try an get a handle on 98's memory leaks and memory address errors (BSOD), Please start a new topic. I am just learning programing so I wont start that topic. but someone more skilled can, I dont care who takes credit just as long as we keep making 98 better. Thanks and sorry for the interuption.

Posted Image

Fredledingue

Fredledingue

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • Joined 10-February 05
mrsk565, you talked about .bat files, which can be launched with all sorts of options stored in their .pif shortcut.
I don't know why they restricted that to bat files and didn't extend that to all executables.
That would be great. Bat files take so little resources that's irrelevant now. That was for time when computers worked with less than 16 Mb of ram...

HTASoft.com

superchargedwindows9xig1.png
Still Using W98SE+++ ...Daily.

loblo

loblo

Oldbie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Joined 12-January 10

mrsk565, you talked about .bat files, which can be launched with all sorts of options stored in their .pif shortcut.
I don't know why they restricted that to bat files and didn't extend that to all executables.

It's not restricted to .bat files, it applies to all dos executables as well and it applies only to bat and dos programs because a new dos virtual machine is created when you run one of those.

pjmelect

pjmelect

• 28 posts
  • Joined 03-April 06
I have recently been asked by a customer to provide a Windows98 SE computer by next Wednesday, would you say that the service pack is good enough to use on a non test machine?

mrsk565

mrsk565

Power User

• Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 01-January 12
You think we're on to something here ? I mean when it comes to programs and how they work we really are not sure when they may decide to crash the system. Many with the web browsers. I haven't had many crashes on other things, and when I have I was working with settings to my wifi adaptor and network stuff (no big deal though i was messing around). I don't know if its a flash issue because pages have alot of flash ads and flashly little clips like from walmart. Whatever it maybe this fix we are talking about may not fix the program from crashing. But it will save the whole system from going down and having to reboot. And lets put in a little pop-up that says this program will crash in 20sec. enough time to save and close without trouble :)
Or set peramitors to not allow any operation a program may do, that may exceed the mem limit set by the user.

PS PJmelect--- Your costumer needs to be somewhat informed of what you put on the pc, and also should know about this site incase he has problems later. If you have the time I would test everything out before telling them. I think its a good idea though and is better then having a plain version of 98se.

Edited by mrsk565, 26 January 2012 - 09:17 PM.

Posted Image

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,533 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

I have recently been asked by a customer to provide a Windows98 SE computer by next Wednesday, would you say that the service pack is good enough to use on a non test machine?

It varies from computer to computer, hardware to hardware, software to software.
I would install it, test for a couple of days then go from there.

PS PJmelect--- Your costumer needs to be somewhat informed of what you put on the pc, and also should know about this site incase he has problems later. If you have the time I would test everything out before telling them. I think its a good idea though and is better then having a plain version of 98se.

Great solution :thumbup

Btw there is an msxml3.dll version 8.90.1101.0 that would appear to be more recent than the one in the current pack and which seems to work OK.

The build from WildBill / tomasz86's 2079403 for Windows 2000 is newer.

Neither version works unless KernelEx is installed. I'll add it later when I add the KernelEx option.
I have downgraded the version in the new release.

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

Dave-H

Dave-H

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 04-January 06
Hi Problemchyld.
:hello:
Thanks for all this.
Today's latest SP3 version file seems to have suddenly got a lot bigger.
Is that because the versions for those without IE are now included in it, as they don't seem to be offered as separate downloads any more?
:)

Dual boot Windows 98SE SP2.1a and Windows XP Professional SP3.
Dual 3.16GHz X5460 Quad Core Xeons with 8GB RAM. ATI Radeon X850 Graphics 1920x1080 32 Bit Colour with Large Fonts.

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,533 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Hi Problemchyld.
:hello:
Thanks for all this.
Today's latest SP3 version file seems to have suddenly got a lot bigger.
Is that because the versions for those without IE are now included in it, as they don't seem to be offered as separate downloads any more?

Yes both versions of IE is included. They are optional. Same rules apply as before.

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

Dave-H

Dave-H

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 04-January 06
Thanks, that explains it!

Dual boot Windows 98SE SP2.1a and Windows XP Professional SP3.
Dual 3.16GHz X5460 Quad Core Xeons with 8GB RAM. ATI Radeon X850 Graphics 1920x1080 32 Bit Colour with Large Fonts.

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,533 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05
My goal was to try to keep it as small as possible. I know some people was confused about which version to install.
So I tried to make it easier for everyone. Even the people who decide to translate, they would only have to translate one package.
Also I'm working on the kernelex option. The IE files included doNOT affect system performance if people read the instructions.
They are optional, so if you are not 98lite user, you can ignore those two options.

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

Drugwash

Drugwash

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • Joined 21-June 06
@ PROBLEMCHYLD: I'm sorry for not being around lately, things are quite chaotic on my side of the world. Haven't read about your personal problems other than the mentions of other members in this topic, but rest assured I'm with you and I'm glad things are in order now, as far as I can see.

As for the pack itself, I still couldn't find a way to test it (or separate components), since the biggest problem I'm facing is the lack of IDE/ATA hard drives for my (very) old machines, then the lack of RAM for those that could hold a Virtual Machine. That is why I didn't wander around here posting nonsense. My apologies for not being of much help! :blushing: And thank you for your continuous work! :thumbup

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,533 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

@ PROBLEMCHYLD: I'm sorry for not being around lately, things are quite chaotic on my side of the world. Haven't read about your personal problems other than the mentions of other members in this topic, but rest assured I'm with you and I'm glad things are in order now, as far as I can see.

As for the pack itself, I still couldn't find a way to test it (or separate components), since the biggest problem I'm facing is the lack of IDE/ATA hard drives for my (very) old machines, then the lack of RAM for those that could hold a Virtual Machine. That is why I didn't wander around here posting nonsense. My apologies for not being of much help! :blushing: And thank you for your continuous work! :thumbup

You are definitely one of the key players in this endeavor, I couldn't have done it without you guys , especially you Drugwash.
Thanks soooo muchhhhhhh :thumbup

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

jumper

jumper

2014 All-American Masters HJ'er

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Joined 21-January 11
These files all make delay-load calls to PrintDlgExA in COMDLG32.DLL which requires KernelEx (or a 2K version, not in this pack):
HYPERTRM.DLL
MFC70.DLL
MFC70U.DLL
MFC71.DLL
MFC71U.DLL
TWEAKUI.CPL

Design feedback requested:
IHAtool - IpHlpApi tester; call various functions and report results
--status-> framework is solid; 22 api's fully supported; preview release coming soon
ComDlg32 wrapper - ComDlgEx meets IpHlpApi wrapper
--status-> PrintDlgExW working in latest SumatraPDF 8^)
Future projects: ImportPatcher40 - dialog interface; Kexter - IP40+Ktree+Kexstubs

jumper

jumper

2014 All-American Masters HJ'er

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Joined 21-January 11

You think we're on to something here ?

Yes, it's a great wish. I've quoted the entire discussion and replied on the 2012 Project Wish List thread in post #39.
Design feedback requested:
IHAtool - IpHlpApi tester; call various functions and report results
--status-> framework is solid; 22 api's fully supported; preview release coming soon
ComDlg32 wrapper - ComDlgEx meets IpHlpApi wrapper
--status-> PrintDlgExW working in latest SumatraPDF 8^)
Future projects: ImportPatcher40 - dialog interface; Kexter - IP40+Ktree+Kexstubs

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2,533 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

These files all make delay-load calls to PrintDlgExA in COMDLG32.DLL which requires KernelEx (or a 2K version, not in this pack):
HYPERTRM.DLL
MFC70.DLL
MFC70U.DLL
MFC71.DLL
MFC71U.DLL
TWEAKUI.CPL

I don't follow. The hypertrm.dll is from Winxp. I don't use kernelex. I only install it when testing the service pack.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD, 27 January 2012 - 09:53 PM.

BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users