Win 2k3

Ok, I put in the disk, and up comes in main menu, I select Install Win 2k3 etc etc, then I put in the CD-key Microsoft gave to me.

Now I select the region and accessibility options, then it copies the files necessary for installation.

Then it says it must restart, and the meter to the left goes full, and the computer restarts.

On restart the screen says Press any key to boot from cd...., and I don't hit it because I figured it would do its own thing.

So it goes to the boot screen (OS), where I have to select from XP Home or Windows 2k3 Server Edition. The server edition was highlighted by default so I let the selection timer run down and it selected it.

Then it said Set-up is inspecting your hardware configuration, etc etc. Then it goes to the blue screen where it says

Windows Setup

It sits like this for hours, it stayed like that overnight. This happens with every other OS I try to install (Linux distributions, XP, etc).

I have partition magic but the computer doesn't even make it to where I select a partition.

Should I delete and secure an erase of my hard drive? I have backups of everything but I don't know if it would reinstall an OS, which would leave me with an oversized paperweight.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Unreal

:)

edit; with Linux distributions, it sits at the loading screen for the OS, not the blue Windows Screen.

System specs:

My System

Processor

3.06 GHz Pentium 4 w/533 MHz FSB

Video Card

GeForce FX 256 MB w/TV Tool

Motherboard

Asus Supreme

Monitor

23 inch iMac w/PIP

Case

Koolance w/L window and heat equalizer

Sound system

1000 Watt Legacy AMP

6 Stnrd Surround

1 400 Watt Subwoofer

:)

lol yeh thats what i mean man

fully format your drive (not quick format)

install Windows 2003 (on it's own, until you get it working)

than try to dual boot ...

ur dad works for MS and he hasn't gone off at u about this problem or hasn't gave advice on how to fix? :)

create a bootdisk with your current operating system

then put in your disk, reboot, goto DOS (don't load windows or whateva)

when u have a command prompt type: fdisk /mbr

then install Windows 2003 :)