Windows 2003 Enterprise & IIS

fogWraith

I have read documents high and low, searched up and down ... yet not found anything that can help me with my issue. I keep getting this error message, which doesn't seem to be very uncommon.

HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.

Now, I have fixed the permissions for ASP.Net 2.0, the only remaining piece is those in the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\. Say I copy my web projects to a subfolder in wwwroot, try to access it and I get the error, but when i mark a file, individually add permission for the "User" account, I can then access the file locally and from outside the network.

This is rather tedious, should this not be done automatically? How can I fix this? It's a brand new & clean installation of IIS 6.0.

I've checked the permissions for my wwwroot folder, everything is alright, but it seems that new items added are not given permissions, even after applying them from the IIS manager.

No IP resctrictions as far as I know, I'm quite sure. The whole thing is just annoying.