Internet explore wont run

for some reason after i run my unattended install Cd Strangly after i double click on Internet explorer to get out to the internet, It is asking me to choose a program to run this file (Like to what happens when you right click a file and do an "Open With") I cant even pick internet explorer program it is missing from the list. I am just curious as to what in the world happend to my cd why in the world it never install internet explorer correctly?

Problem is that i work at a school and the kids have to have IE because of the apps that I run here. Maybee I should just recopy my I386, but then i will have to go back and slipstream sp2 again any other suqestions

@djlax152

Have you tried to run iexplore from the Run box? If you come up with nothing... Then

Maybee I should just recopy my I386, but then i will have to go back and slipstream sp2
would be the best suggestion, because who knows what else is missing from your system :) Edited by VAD

I found out that it is under add and remove programs and if i Actually navigate to C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe works just fine. However the icon on the sceen that windows puts on the desktop by default behaves this way only. Also another funny this happens i tried downloading IE 6.1 and reinstalling it to fix the problem. When i execute the setup program it says "Another instance of this program requires a reboot can not start installation" So I reboot the machine and and it says this everytime i try to run the IE6.1 setup. I even tried rebooting like 5 times, still get the same error..??

Well anyways i did fix the problem by recopying my I386, I guess sometimes after you use the same installation point after a while some files may become corrupt. what do you guys think ?