Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Which version of Windows sucks the most?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
193 replies to this topic

Poll: Which version of Windows sucks the most? (730 member(s) have cast votes)

Which version of Windows sucks the most?

1. Windows ME (463 votes [73.38%])

Percentage of vote: 73.38%

2. Windows XP Home Edition (18 votes [2.85%])

Percentage of vote: 2.85%

3. Windows XP Professional Edition (24 votes [3.80%])

Percentage of vote: 3.80%

4. Windows Longhorn M5 (19 votes [3.01%])

Percentage of vote: 3.01%

5. Windows 98 (31 votes [4.91%])

Percentage of vote: 4.91%

6. Windows 98 SE (16 votes [2.54%])

Percentage of vote: 2.54%

7. Windows Blackcomb (1 votes [0.16%])

Percentage of vote: 0.16%

8. Windows 95 (38 votes [6.02%])

Percentage of vote: 6.02%

9. DOS 6.22 (13 votes [2.06%])

Percentage of vote: 2.06%

10. Windows Server 2003 (8 votes [1.27%])

Percentage of vote: 1.27%

Vote

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

Well, I stole something else

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
This gave me an idea for a photoshop:
Posted Image
FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!

yeah quick and dirty. i got my clone brush license from a crackerjack box

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

wendy1

wendy1
  • 2 posts
Greetings,
I thought I would put my 2 cents worth on this and while I have only had Windows XP both versions and Windows 98se I would have to say for the learnability aspect I would go with 98se it doesnt have the quick fixes and available updates from Microsoft, they are easy enough to find elsewhere , if your not careful though it will let you delete things that are imparative to your system unlike XP that will block you from making HUGE deletes...learned that the hard way...this is a brilliant site and I have learned things in just the few hours from many different postings...you people are wicked smart...

so thank you..:)

efrain

efrain

Beta Tester?

• Pip
  • 81 posts
Windows ME sucks no doubt about it. :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

G8YMW

G8YMW

• PipPip
  • 110 posts
I voted ME purely because DOS was taken away from the user. My personal favourite is 98SE and contrary to what has been said about startup files, I found that if you get the DOS right 98SE was VERY reliable. My wife has had XP Pro almost from when it was released and it has crashed spectacually several times. I very nearly scrubbed it off several times off my machine (Only Lucy stopped me). My machine went down and I had a fresh MoBo fitted so now I have to use that piece of crap (98SE in 16 colours @ 640*480 is just too painful) The new MoBo is a Biostar P4M900 which doesnt come with vid drivers for 98

wendy1

wendy1
  • 2 posts
I posted on this topic and as I reread it its written wrong, Its written like 98se sucks, what I meant it to say was I would have to go with 98se as the easiest and most user friendly I have never has ME but I have had XP both versions and I went back to my 98se beings I had screwed it up so many times I know it inside out and its very easy to navigate...

RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

and Vista Sucks too.

Vista is unnecessary Luxury...

Actually, the same can be said for XP. Windows 2000 is my backup OS.

You don't have to worry about Windows Product Activation and Windows Genuine Advantage with Windows 2000.
Asus P5QL Pro, Core 2 Duo E4500, eVGA GeForce 9500 GT with XP Pro x64 Edition -> Works great with Asus P5QL Pro!

Petrarca

Petrarca

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
I vote for ME in the absence of Vista (aka ME 2.0 :o )
Only Win2008 is slowly starting to become usable (still with some issues though).
4 Text lines here, not 4 text pages.

TranceEnergy

TranceEnergy

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
I voted ME 2, but ME can be very very fast if u treat it right. I believe it was the fastest booting system at one point.

Philipz

Philipz
  • 6 posts
People that didn't vote for Windows 95 obviously have no clue or are two new to the Windows scene to have remembered. Also, adding code named OSs shouldn't really apply.

Nerwin

Nerwin

Photographer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
100 percent Windows ME with a little hint of Vista in it!

Desktop: Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8ghz || G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 2133 || ASUS P8Z77-V LK || 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD || 640gb WD SATA HDD || Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Corsair TX650M || ASUS 24X SATA DVD Burner || Fractal Designs Arc Midi || Windows 7 64-bit 

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts
Where's Vista? ;) the only nice introduction in ME was system restore ...

Edited by Kiki Burgh, 25 May 2008 - 06:55 AM.

Posted Image

Innocent Devil

Innocent Devil

• PipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
Definitely Windows ME (Mistake Edition)

and vista (to sme extend) feels like ME 2 (Mistake Edition The 2nd)
"The level of security that Vista is trying to achieve to protect video and audio is more extreme than anything the US government has ever considered necessary for protecting its most sensitive classified data."

Read Full Article @ [A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection]

Don't be lame [Linux is NOT Windows]

Mencaliss

Mencaliss
  • 1 posts
I think Windows ME stayed on my computer approx. 10 minutes before I got bored and removed it.

exBBoi

exBBoi

• 16 posts
voted ME it was really pain in the a** :crazy:

donutbandit

donutbandit

• 10 posts
The fact is, if one knows how to set up ME properly, it is the BEST Win9x OS. The crashes were caused by IE 5.5. Upgrading to IE6 fixes that. All Win9x OSes have the memory leak, so singling ME out for that reason is just plain stupid. If configured properly, ME can run rings around 98 and stay up for weeks without rebooting. I ran it for 5 years with absolutely no problems.

ME was the product of trying to rush out an update to Win9x, while the development team was concentrating on Win 2000.

shahed26

shahed26

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
Windows ME by far the worst, and then comes vista

Mercules

Mercules
  • 2 posts
Windows ME was a disaster. If anyone remember the headache's when you tried to get it working in a workgroup with other machines... !

Andromeda43

Andromeda43

Retired PC Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
In all fairness, would someone please add Vista to that poll?

It's not fair, that Windows ME gets all the bad press. Spread it around a little. :rolleyes:

I built a PC in 2000 for a customer of mine and since ME was the latest and greatest OS at the time, that's what went on that PC.

Just a few months ago, 8 years later, I got that PC back, in payment for installing a whole new system for my customer.
It was still running just fine on Windows ME. Over the 8 years that PC has been running, I've kept it going with a new CD drive here and a floppy drive there, etc. Nothing serious.

Well, after all that time, Windows ME is still running like a champ! My customer never had any problems with it and I haven't either. I've since added some more ram and a much larger wattage PSU and it's a little Screaming Demon!
I cleaned and oiled the Thermaltake CPU cooler that was howling and it now runs as good as it did 8 years ago.

So I'd like to change my vote, from ME to Vista. Now there's a real hog! :angry:

Cheers Mates!
Andromeda B)
A person with experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument.

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

Well, I stole something else

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
im not adding anything to a 5 year old thread about OSes. it hardly relevant anymore.

Thread Closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN