Universal Extractor

nitro322

No. I mean I got the "message". I'm done here. Good luck.

Oh. Sorry man, I wasn't really trying to send a message. I was just in a rather bad mood that day and Windows' lack of cooperation just wasn't helping. :) I would certainly welcome your continued feedback, as I've been able to fix quite a few issues in the past that I wouldn't have otherwise known about. True, Windows 9x is not a supported OS, as I've mentioned a couple of times, but I still want UniExtract to at least be usable for users of that OS. Obviously all of the features may not work, but there's no reason why the core functionality of selecting a package and extracting its contents should fail.

Anyway, I'd hate to see you go, but I understand I probably came across as an a** in that last post. Just don't take it personally, please.

this mthml file could not be extracted.. can you take a look at it..

http://hpac.texterity.com/hpac/200609/temp...Download+for+PC

ive also tried to use kekaware total command line with the HTM plugin with no use.. it does not work..

thanks in advance..

please add support for DMG support (DMG2ISO) is possible but i did not find program that support DMG from OSX

neither release nor beta can extract this hp deskjet driver

This is based on the same FEAD Optimizer packaging system that is used by Adobe Reader. Unfortunately, there's no way (that I've been able to find) to simply extract the files. You have to run the installer, wait for it to reconstruct the setup files (basically doing a self-extraction), then grab the reconstructed files when the actual setup begins. While this is easy enough to do manually, it's rather difficult programmatically because each and every product version can behave differently. For example, I added support for Adobe Reader 7.x and 8.x installers to UniExtract v1.5, but both of those behave differently version each other, and from version 6.x (which is not supported). I'd have to write another custom extraction/copy routine for this as well, which I'm not really inclined to do at this time. I'll keep it on the back burner, though, in case I ever find a general extractor for these types of packages.

this mthml file could not be extracted.. can you take a look at it..

Good lord, a 24 MB .mht file? That's just downright evil. ;) I can confirm that it doesn't work, but I haven't had a chance to do too much research. It appears to use a different identifier for file names than ExtractMHT expects (eg, different than everything else I've tested). I'll look into updating ExtractMHT to support it if possible, and then I can role that into the next version of Universal Extractor (1.5.1, or whatever).

please add support for DMG support (DMG2ISO) is possible but i did not find program that support DMG from OSX

I tried to do this in the past, but I never could make it work. I think I was using dmg2iso as well, but it failed on every single test file I threw at it. If you (or anyone else) can find something that works, I'll be more than happy to add it.

This is based on the same FEAD Optimizer packaging system that is used by Adobe Reader. Unfortunately, there's no way (that I've been able to find) to simply extract the files.

Huh. Would you believe I just found a generic way to do this? :rolleyes: I still need to do a lot more testing, but early results look promising. It's too late to include it in version 1.5, but I'll certainly include it in the next version if everything pans out.

Thanks for making me look into this again. :)

I'm not able to extract windows live messenger msi archive :(

I tried all 3 methods available :(

The administrative install option fails, but the other two work for me. The output isn't pretty (GUIDs contained within the filenames, some missing extensions, etc.), but it's there. Does it not work for you at all, or are you just seeing that ugly output?

The administrative install is usually the only one that gives really clean output. If one of the other "ripping" methods are used, you'll likely end up with jumbled filenames. It can't be helped.

I'm not able to extract windows live messenger msi archive :(

I tried all 3 methods available :(

The administrative install option fails, but the other two work for me. The output isn't pretty (GUIDs contained within the filenames, some missing extensions, etc.), but it's there. Does it not work for you at all, or are you just seeing that ugly output?

The administrative install is usually the only one that gives really clean output. If one of the other "ripping" methods are used, you'll likely end up with jumbled filenames. It can't be helped.

Yes, sorry my post is not very clear... I'm seeing that ugly output with missing extentions etc ;)

I find that it's possible to enable administrative install if disabled using a file from the shark tutorial for wlm8.1 silent installer... maybe you can find a way to integrate this in your tool (I suppose this method works with all msi with administration install disabled)

check it here, first post:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=65292 ;)

You have to edit the msi in order to achieve a admin install with the MsnMsgs.msi... Follow sharks tuto and edit the msi and you can later use universal extractor with no probs at all

It has nothing to do with uniextract

Edited by ricktendo64

You have to edit the msi in order to achieve a admin install with the MsnMsgs.msi... Follow sharks tuto and edit the msi and you can later use universal extractor with no probs at all

It has nothing to do with uniextract

I know that this problem is not related to uniextract... I modified messenger msi with Orca using Shark Tutorial and now admin install works fine :)

My previous post was to ask if there is a way to automatize this task with every msi archive with admin install removed: maybe uniextract could recognize these particular msi installers and enable admin install before trying to extract them

Inno has released a new installer and extraction fails with files created by it.

log:

Signature detected: Inno Setup Setup Data (5.1.10)

This is not directly supported, but i'll try to unpack it as version 5107

; Version detected: 5110

Unpacking failed. This version is not supported.

shark