Repair thing in xp

Wor

U know when u put the xp cd in youre cd drive, and u boot the computer u can chose to repair the xp installation, is that the same as reinstalling xp?

So if u use the repair function, will u have to reinstall the most of the programs and games that u have to make em work?

My Xp installation are starting to get sort of f***ed up, so maybe the repair-thing could make it work better?

But i don't want to reinstall all my programs and games!

As far as i remember it repair's it......:)

why dont you just try a bit of user maintenance, scandisk, defrag, un-install any unwanted progs, check your drive and get rig of any temp files and s*** that is not required.

that usually helps or bin it all reinstall OS and all apps when your happy with it burn a ghost image on to cd, then the next time you get in theis position just shove the disk in and get it all back from the image.

http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

Regards,

BAH

If you do decide to do a repair...tell it to do a fresh install of XP and when it reboots, don't select the repair option that it gives first. Go on with the install then it will find all previous versions of XP. It will find the one you have and ask you if you want to do a format or if you want to repair that installation. That's when you do the repair. This won't lose any of your files at all...just reinstalls OS files.

Like said above, you need to make sure it's not a conflict of some kind and running Norton's Sysworks may help you out.

Rick:cool: