Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

IRC Apps

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

BAH

BAH

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
For the last 4 years or so ive been a ICQ user but have now got contacts on Windows messanger, so i want the all in one app.

I have seen trillian and it didnt inspire me.

Recomendation's who is using what......?

Regards,

BAH
Regards,

BAH

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Guest_LouCypher_*

Guest_LouCypher_*
  • Guests
I use Trillian but there's another program called Odigo that I think does some of the same stuff Trillian does.

[quote:03d5f388c4]
http://corp.odigo.co...ts/windows.html

The main features of the Odigo Windows Client include:
Sending and receiving instant messages
Contact List Management
Presence Management
Interoperability with AIM, ICQ, MSN Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger
Offline messages
Message history
Searchable user directory
Email Alerts
Wireless Connectivity
Voice Chat
Chat on Page
1 On 1 and Multi-user Chat
Content Channels
Co-Surfing
Official Representatives
Web site real-time Popularity
Note Posting
Homepage and Email integration
[/quote:03d5f388c4]

blah, blah, blah

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
Dude trillian rocks!..i love it
:)
-drew

FthrJACK

FthrJACK

I am a PC...

• Patrons
  • 3,394 posts
odigo sux! one cool feature it has is the fact that you can post notes on sites and other odigo and Bt messanger users can see them, but the site owner cant! so... we all get Odigo and go to all the xp sites right and.... lol

i think it sucks because its not realtime like MSN (well almost) and using ICQ/AOLm and the rest is like chatting via SMS, where as MSN and yahoo messangers are like a chat room, even easy and quick to invite people in. Odigo would be good for keeping intouch with your ICQ buddies, but better still make them all get MSN hehe :)

ive not tried trillian.. might give it a go though, drew, you said you used it... but you where pretty suprised by there being a few of us in the same window wasnt you? kind of gives me an idea what trillian will be like....

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
[quote:c15a9147b1]ive not tried trillian.. might give it a go though, drew, you said you used it... but you where pretty suprised by there being a few of us in the same window wasnt you? kind of gives me an idea what trillian will be like....[/quote:c15a9147b1]
I was surprised becasue i mainly use the AIm funtion with in trillian..becasue Aim f***s with Xp...i only had one friend on MSN so i had never chated with more then one person on msn
:bash :bash :bash :bash :bash
:)
-drew

Guest_LouCypher_*

Guest_LouCypher_*
  • Guests
Whenever you guys see me online I'm on via AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo all at the same time, running Trillian. The process is currently using 8,736KB of memory, is skinned, and doesn't have any ads. I could also be on IRC at the same time, but I don't spend a lot of time chatting real time.

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
See lou knows whats up..trillian kickes a**
:beer
-drew

BAH

BAH

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
but you cant send files to other users....:hohum

Regards,

BAH
Regards,

BAH

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
You can through irc...i havent figured it out yet :grump ..but it is an option. it might be a bug. but it will be fixed soon
-drew

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
[quote:677a4097b5="LouCypher"]
I could also be on IRC at the same time, but I don't spend a lot of time chatting real time. [/quote:677a4097b5]

What do you mean by "real Time Chatting"? never heard that befor
-drew

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
Real time is like when I say "HI" you see it instantly....:)

-XPerties

You want some Glock with that?
★ :::: Xbox Live GamerTag = ScreamingSkulls

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
Well dont all chat programs such as AIM,MSN,ICQ, and IRC do that ..not just IRC, as Lou eluded to?
-drew

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
Well dont all chat programs such as AIM,MSN,ICQ, and IRC do that ..not just IRC, as Lou eluded to?
-drew

[color=red:9796f4d406]IS THERE A ECHO IN HERE......MOD[/color:9796f4d406]

Guest_LouCypher_*

Guest_LouCypher_*
  • Guests
Yah, they all have an option for direct chat, which is something I don't do a whole lot of.

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
WHat the hell why do i have 2 posts of the same exact thing?? i dident post it twise??
:WTF?: :WTF?:
-drew

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
all tho we mods/admin have great powers drew , we can not post for someone else, You did double post that...must have hit the button and then back and hit it again.

-XPerties

BAH

BAH

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Thanks for he input guys i tried Trillian but didnt like it so im back with ICQ & Messenger....
Regards,

BAH

LS_Dragons

LS_Dragons

• PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
Not exactly what this thread is about - but if you regularly load AIM, MSMessenger, ICQ etc into the system tray - but then can't tell who is online for a chat - this link offers a pretty neat little app that will get the 'buddy list' from each and consolidate into one list:
h*tp://www.chime.tv/gui.shtml

Their other apps are prety kewl too.

LS

BAH

BAH

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
no need for the ht*p anymore just tick the box on below if your own webspace, leave it blank if its not your space.

Automatically parse URLs: Use ONLY for links within this site or to your homepage[s].
Regards,

BAH

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
[quote:7c8d8ee4ab="BAH"]
Thanks for he input guys i tried Trillian but didnt like it so im back with ICQ & Messenger.... [/quote:7c8d8ee4ab]

Why did you dslike trillian...i findi it to be a nice program, that saves space memory..and just looks **** cool with those nice skins!
-drew

Guest_aMb_*

Guest_aMb_*
  • Guests
I just use the programs separate, then you get the best of all worlds (sorry for the clichés tonight, I’m tired :))

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
But when you can have them all rolled into one using less memory..i would go fro it.
By the way...doesnt aim have issues with Xp?
-drew

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
did I see that same question some where else about aim???? errrr...No promblems here and never heard of any.

-XPerties

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN