Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BAH

IRC Apps

23 posts in this topic

For the last 4 years or so ive been a ICQ user but have now got contacts on Windows messanger, so i want the all in one app.

I have seen trillian and it didnt inspire me.

Recomendation's who is using what......?

Regards,

BAH

I use Trillian but there's another program called Odigo that I think does some of the same stuff Trillian does.

http://corp.odigo.com/products/clients/windows.html

The main features of the Odigo Windows Client include:

Sending and receiving instant messages

Contact List Management

Presence Management

Interoperability with AIM, ICQ, MSN Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger

Offline messages

Message history

Searchable user directory

Email Alerts

Wireless Connectivity

Voice Chat

Chat on Page

1 On 1 and Multi-user Chat

Content Channels

Co-Surfing

Official Representatives

Web site real-time Popularity

Note Posting

Homepage and Email integration

[/quote:03d5f388c4]

blah, blah, blah

odigo sux! one cool feature it has is the fact that you can post notes on sites and other odigo and Bt messanger users can see them, but the site owner cant! so... we all get Odigo and go to all the xp sites right and.... lol

i think it sucks because its not realtime like MSN (well almost) and using ICQ/AOLm and the rest is like chatting via SMS, where as MSN and yahoo messangers are like a chat room, even easy and quick to invite people in. Odigo would be good for keeping intouch with your ICQ buddies, but better still make them all get MSN hehe :)

ive not tried trillian.. might give it a go though, drew, you said you used it... but you where pretty suprised by there being a few of us in the same window wasnt you? kind of gives me an idea what trillian will be like....

ive not tried trillian.. might give it a go though, drew, you said you used it... but you where pretty suprised by there being a few of us in the same window wasnt you? kind of gives me an idea what trillian will be like....[/quote:c15a9147b1]

I was surprised becasue i mainly use the AIm funtion with in trillian..becasue Aim f***s with Xp...i only had one friend on MSN so i had never chated with more then one person on msn

:bash :bash :bash :bash :bash

:)

-drew

Whenever you guys see me online I'm on via AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo all at the same time, running Trillian. The process is currently using 8,736KB of memory, is skinned, and doesn't have any ads. I could also be on IRC at the same time, but I don't spend a lot of time chatting real time.

but you cant send files to other users....:hohum

Regards,

BAH

You can through irc...i havent figured it out yet :grump ..but it is an option. it might be a bug. but it will be fixed soon

-drew

I could also be on IRC at the same time, but I don't spend a lot of time chatting real time. [/quote:677a4097b5]

What do you mean by "real Time Chatting"? never heard that befor

-drew

Real time is like when I say "HI" you see it instantly....:)

-XPerties

Well dont all chat programs such as AIM,MSN,ICQ, and IRC do that ..not just IRC, as Lou eluded to?

-drew

Well dont all chat programs such as AIM,MSN,ICQ, and IRC do that ..not just IRC, as Lou eluded to?

-drew

IS THERE A ECHO IN HERE......MOD[/color:9796f4d406]

Yah, they all have an option for direct chat, which is something I don't do a whole lot of.

WHat the hell why do i have 2 posts of the same exact thing?? i dident post it twise??

:WTF?: :WTF?:

-drew

all tho we mods/admin have great powers drew , we can not post for someone else, You did double post that...must have hit the button and then back and hit it again.

-XPerties

Thanks for he input guys i tried Trillian but didnt like it so im back with ICQ & Messenger....

Not exactly what this thread is about - but if you regularly load AIM, MSMessenger, ICQ etc into the system tray - but then can't tell who is online for a chat - this link offers a pretty neat little app that will get the 'buddy list' from each and consolidate into one list:

h*tp://www.chime.tv/gui.shtml

Their other apps are prety kewl too.

LS

no need for the ht*p anymore just tick the box on below if your own webspace, leave it blank if its not your space.

Automatically parse URLs: Use ONLY for links within this site or to your homepage.

Thanks for he input guys i tried Trillian but didnt like it so im back with ICQ & Messenger.... [/quote:7c8d8ee4ab]

Why did you dslike trillian...i findi it to be a nice program, that saves space memory..and just looks **** cool with those nice skins!

-drew

I just use the programs separate, then you get the best of all worlds (sorry for the clichés tonight, I’m tired :))

But when you can have them all rolled into one using less memory..i would go fro it.

By the way...doesnt aim have issues with Xp?

-drew

did I see that same question some where else about aim???? errrr...No promblems here and never heard of any.

-XPerties